Copying Others Materials

edited November 2016 in Off-Topic
I never read the story in Meg's Dragon Build contest and today I went there with wolfy, we explored ignoring the story and when we came to the end I caught a few of what the signs said and it was eerily the same as my story in Sweet Dreams vs. Nightmares that I had written in July 2015 with elements from the Atlantean Tale which was also built in the same month that it has been heavily borrowed from as well. Both Meg and her brother Rectyler are familiar with. It is no coincidence and I am sure if I read the entire story I would find more similarities but I am not going to. It is not that they share a similar idea or theme, no it is to the T just rewritten and creative liberty taken. No matter how the pie is sliced that is still plagiarism and it upsets me. I am not for sure where I wanted to go with this message but it just in a way is bothersome because this is not the first time with a simple shoulder shrug of whoops. Period people should not copy others builds in no shape or form because you are hurting the original creator by doing so. There is a line between taking inspiration and out right stealing ones creation.

It would probably not bother me at all if it was not for the fact I get accused of being the one who copied and it detracts away from the originality of my creation.

Comments

• xXBad WolfXxxXBad WolfXx Dancing S(O3O)/Member
    Da Farmer said:

:P

?...

I agree though
    I thought they should have at least give you credit for the story line. I don't know how you would catch all the copy cats but I know that copying someone's realm/storyline should come with a penalty

It's like taking someone's art and telling people you made it, they are taking all the credit away from the creator.

• Some kid copied @Lucaaa795 's patience test realm
  • See it is ok to take certain ideas and give credit. For example I love Beavers chicken coop, it is perfection with no ability to improve upon it. I rebuilt one in my realm and put a sign giving credit to him. Many people compliment me on my helicopters that Meg gave me permission to copy (I asked) and give her credit every single time telling them who was the original creator.
  • JB Hi-Fi copied my song from my yt channel intro, NO CREDIT NO NOTHING, NOT EVEN ASKING ME AND OUT IT INTO AN AD ON SPOTIFY AND REMIXED IT
  • *raises hand* I actually copied one of my friends. It was only a game though. Lava, Dice, Glass, Signs, and Scaffold was all you needed. It seemed so cool to me, she saw it and just laughed and then she said "Didn't I think of this?" And I just put her name in it. I gave her full credit for the idea. Welp
  • edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DemonismDemonism SingaporeMember

See it is ok to take certain ideas and give credit. For example I love Beavers chicken coop, it is perfection with no ability to improve upon it. I rebuilt one in my realm and put a sign giving credit to him. Many people compliment me on my helicopters that Meg gave me permission to copy (I asked) and give her credit every single time telling them who was the original creator.

When I was talking to Meg about how beautifully the story is written, she told me that her brother, Rectyler wrote it.
    If the story really was written by you, I just want to say how great the story was.
  • It states it is written by her brother but consider his age, the fact that English is not his first and main language vs. writing level present. I will catch you in game.