SirKewberth the Artist.

CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
edited November 2016 in General Chat
So the this year's Thanksgiving pack is the first pack where the artwork was done by our closet-artist, SirKewberth. He made everything but the Turkey Pet. Like? Dislike? Is the style in line with all the Betamax packs?

Comments

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    If I am honest. The Hunter's Hat is amazing, Pilgrim's Coat amazing, food is Okay :D I love the TV tho :O
  • Good Job @CosmicCow @SirKewberth I love dat pet :3I wish a penguin costume for x mass xd
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Pretty much, that was a good update for a short one. From the best, I could say. The Hunter's Cap looks really nice, Pilgrim's Coat looks pretty good, and the decoration is awesome. The Turkey Pet, seems pretty nice actually. Amazing work on that pet, even if its sound can be sometimes annoying. Overall, pretty good work, even from the shortest holidays. A huge thank you for the effort spent for all those :D.
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    Oh Kewb you are so talented! I love it all <3 so many cute bits to add to our homes! And new foods which are my fave thing everrrrr!
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    Those new chests are just... too good for words.
    I want to describe how good they are, but, I just cant.
    10/10 for a job well done
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    Definitely proud of the hunter's hat. I'm a sucker for anything plaid.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    kewberth should make more of the packs! love the art :3
  • Hah me and another player were discussing how the art of the items were different, I was wondering if you were using a different program. I found the items very nice and I like their style. They walk a fine balance between being different yet being in cohesive line of the present items. Not that there is anything wrong with the present items or your style but they have this cartoony polish. These items were a bit different, less glossy with an edge of realism. Which neither is better than the other just different styles :P.
  •   Angel  Angel Leedle LandGame Moderator
    This pack came out beautifully :) great job on the art work Kew! :3
  • Beautiful packs that came out today! Definitely love em. Special thanks to SirKewberth. Great job with the art :)
  • Noe Nt said:

Good Job @CosmicCow @SirKewberth I love dat pet :3I wish a penguin costume for x mass xd

Or maybe a Snowman costume :vv:
  • RexguyRexguy IdahoMember
    That pilgrim coat is one of the best clothing items I've ever seen I love it
  • Awwwww I'm so sad, I can't play T^T
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

Not that there is anything wrong with the present items or your style but they have this cartoony polish. These items were a bit different, less glossy with an edge of realism.

This describes in large part the difference between the way we approach art. Betamax has said more or less the same thing. I tried to go a little more cartoony than I normally would to not be too far from the style of the older blocks/items.

• Thank you for responding kewberth, I hope we see more of your work in the future. There is not a vast difference it is just one with a discerning eye and even an appreciation for art may notice the subtleties much like how a person has a unique signature. The items are most impressive and really add a subtle break from what we are used to seeing which is nice.
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    I LOVE: The TV, Bread basket, Chest and the Pilgrims Coat.
    don't finish to please me the hay bale texture.

And please, make the TV as a craftable recipe.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2016
    Sir Kewberth, my hat is off to you. I am not the artistic type in the visual sense.

I especially like all the foodstuffs in Cubic Town Center! I wish they were consumable. Gimme some turkey meat, mashed potatoes, and those cookies! :D

Also, I thought the entire game had a cartoony aesthetic, which is part of what I adore about the game to begin with.

Sir Qbalot Knight
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Nice using of colors, contrast, shadows etc. The items looks nice.
    Nice job! ツ
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I wonder btw how fat a lvl 49 turkey is going to be lol xD
  • Next time make the TV actually work ;-; My clan mates and I were like, "get the popcorn. Get the chairs and bacon" ;-; XD GG though nice textures.
  • its waaaaaaay better that betamax's art lol

@betamax get replaced kiddo
  • A few years or months later and @Nolana and her how to be a tv video is a reality since now there's a tv :P it's amazing what things can happen when it comes to magic
  • Cubic MomCubic Mom Retired Moderator
    Wow!! You really did an awesome job Sir Kewberth!! Keep up the great work! I especially love the coffee (we can really call it coffee now instead of hot cocoa hehe), chests, and the wreaths :D
    The textures of the chest are a lot like borderland graphics. Like a professional cartoon style. Awesome
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    #Betamax<SirKewberth
  • Cubic'dCubic'd Member
    edited November 2016
    Horus said:

#Betamax

agre kewberth guy is way better...

let's replace everything now with his art now jk

but you guys need to redo the foundation pack thingy cuz yeh its kinda ugly

inb4 this comment get removed as always
  • Off topic but since the bales of hay were mentioned it would be nice to see them as craftable. I know many clamor for this and that to be craftable but I have a respect for certain things that are part of a pack not to be like the t.v/chest the reason being one would not generally use a large amount of said items (unless you are like Gdog who wants to replace all his chests with those new beautiful rustic chests R.I.P lol). The bales however being uncommon as they are to a degree are largely pointless as we can not use them. The applications of the bales could be very wide like building straw huts, adding charm to farm builds, and many other instances where having say seven is simply not enough.
    So do we Defy SirKewberth from now on ?
  • Gollum said:

So do we Defy SirKewberth from now on ?

It would be funny saying "I DEFY SIRKEWBERTH!" every time you need to unlock camera.