Cubic Capital (New Overworld)

I really love this idea, because it's a culmination of perfection within CC.

Pretty much, this idea is a new overworld that will that only have certain realms in it.

First of all, let me explain that this overworld doesn't look like the others. It will be more customized to fit the contents of each realm. For example, the overworld will have a "city" in it with everything that cities have (walls, lights, etc.). Inside, there will be realms that have "city" themes, such as a train station, or a shop.

There will also be other areas outside of the city region within the overworld, such as a beach area, mountain area, and other relevant places. For example, the realm, "The Black Pearl" could be placed in the beach area or even in the ocean (if the devs feel like it). Parkour realms could be placed on the tops of mountains (hard to reach) and puzzle realms in forested areas. This way, each realm could get its personal atmosphere, even when you're not in it.

Not just any realm can be in this overworld, though. These have to be specially picked by devs or mods, or during official contests.

It's a collaboration between the devs who create the overworld and the players who make the realms.

Last but not least, the overworld can't simply be accessed by launchpad (but they can be accessed by Lobby). There will be a special castle in Eden called something along the lines of "Cubic Capital".

To have a realm make it into the capital, is a prestigious CC award and will motivate all players to try to make their realms better.

Comments

• Everyone has to be égal, you know that your idea will end up with riches get in, poor stay out of it.
  • Annie333 said:

Everyone has to be égal, you know that your idea will end up with riches get in, poor stay out of it.

I've thought about that, but in the end, it's more about the creativity being put into it, not the money invested in it. While it is true, that money can be used to achieve new heights, much can be done with old materials. I'm also not saying that it has to be the big realms that get put into it. A 30x30 realms could be sufficient for a parkour if you're creative enough. You could always have potential investors, if you needed it. I got one once, and it was a great help.

This is actually no different from winning the realm contest (I'm looking forward to whenever the next one may be btw). Everyone starts out with an equal chance. This just happens to be a fancy way of showcasing them.
  • I would think of a "perfect" overworld one where only staff realms could be placed (plus the official realms)
  • I mean Eden is already kinda like the capital??? of CC. It's got all the official realms and stuff so I don't see the point of having a complete overhaul for it
  • I mean Eden is already kinda like the capital??? of CC. It's got all the official realms and stuff so I don't see the point of having a complete overhaul for it

This isn't only for official realms, it's also for exceptionally good realms that got attention somehow (like by winning a contest)
  • Archevix said:

Annie333 said:

Everyone has to be égal, you know that your idea will end up with riches get in, poor stay out of it.

I've thought about that, but in the end, it's more about the creativity being put into it, not the money invested in it. While it is true, that money can be used to achieve new heights, much can be done with old materials. I'm also not saying that it has to be the big realms that get put into it. A 30x30 realms could be sufficient for a parkour if you're creative enough. You could always have potential investors, if you needed it. I got one once, and it was a great help.

This is actually no different from winning the realm contest (I'm looking forward to whenever the next one may be btw). Everyone starts out with an equal chance. This just happens to be a fancy way of showcasing them.
    poor ones got to work a lot more, and also think. Still not equal.

• Archevix said:

I mean Eden is already kinda like the capital??? of CC. It's got all the official realms and stuff so I don't see the point of having a complete overhaul for it

This isn't only for official realms, it's also for exceptionally good realms that got attention somehow (like by winning a contest)
    There's even a room for exceptionally good realms that's easy to access from the town center. o-o
  • Archevix said:

I mean Eden is already kinda like the capital??? of CC. It's got all the official realms and stuff so I don't see the point of having a complete overhaul for it

There's even a room for exceptionally good realms that's easy to access from the town center. o-o
    That's exactly why I have this idea. That room is really bad, so this can sort of replace that.
    Annie333 said:

Archevix said:

Annie333 said:

poor ones got to work a lot more, and also think. Still not equal.

It's also not equal when you enter a realm building contest while being poor. It's not like you can't win, and there's not even a price for getting into the new overworld. It's just fun having the status that you can build something