Bêta Version

Hello there devs and mods,

Is it still possible to play on the bêta version of the game?
I have asked this question many times by mail but never got an answer...

Comments

• CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    If you mean beta server then I'll just leave this here:

We started to move at one point towards more open beta testing, but found that in the end most of the players who had access didn't actually test or provide feedback, but rather just used the beta server as a place to play with the new stuff first. There were of course exceptions to this, but it also led to all kinds of drama, with players arguing about who should and shouldn't test, and people leaking info without permission etc... Since there wasn't a lot of good feedback from this method, and since it was leading to some problems, we moved back towards more closed testing by selected people. Though in practice we haven't actually done any big open betas in quite a while, since most of our recent updates have been fairly small. We'll probably have one in a few months and before Halloween etc...

Being a good beta tester is more than just playing the game and noting problems. Some people have a gut feeling or understanding about how the tech works and are very good at finding problems because of the way they test. It's really a skill, and not everybody has it. In Slim's case the testing he's done for us is really beyond what you'd expect of someone volunteering, and he's very good at it. He has a knack for finding strange unexpected ways to break things, that not everyone has. He's caught a LOT of potentially very bad bugs before releases.

If you're speaking of the old game client, then no. Public beta stages of Cubic Castles ended long time ago.
  • Yeah I meant the bêta server, and I know the old client isn't here anymore...

If they were hiring some testers I would gladly do that, since I like searching bugs and glitches ;)