*EXPERIMENTAL* update for trading

In official realms, you can now type "/trade" and trade with anyone without the need for a register. This is PURELY EXPERIMENTAL and it will go away! Repeat, it is not permanent! It's just a precursor to markets or other ideas we have for more trading.

Comments

• RightMakerRightMaker PhilippinesMember
    Nice Update!
  • Great idea. It could help a lot. To bad its temporary...
  • Well we're going to do something with it, we're still deciding what's best for the game. We could end up with designated market areas, or have a better way to initiate trades with other players. Or something else entirely.
  • Yeeee now there's no need for registers. For now. Does this mean you're reworking on the Cubic Marketplace again?
  • Nice update im agree for it :)))
  • Still looking for bugs ... c: 1+
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited September 2016
    PEgaming said:

Yeeee now there's no need for registers. For now. Does this mean you're reworking on the Cubic Marketplace again?

Technically you'll still need register. As it only works in Official Realms you can't exactly sit doing your Holla's there, or bring people every time you wanna trade.

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: The only bad thing I have found/seen is people spamming me with trading requests. - And I don't mean like 1 request per person, I mean people can spam you so you've got 10 reg tabs open at once...

Spoiler: Picture by Aiden

Cash Reg Madness in Town Center!
    Cubic 2016-09-06 16-10-58-721

• Yes, the spam thing was the main issue for me too. Though I am in there now as a low level player and nobody is spamming me.
    edited September 2016
    CosmicCow said:

Yes, the spam thing was the main issue for me too. Though I am in there now as a low level player and nobody is spamming me.

They're spamming more of the 'Rich' and 'Popular' so they can show off their items and try get trade sales. Also, I think the low level players are unaware of the /trade.
  • CosmicCow said:

Yes, the spam thing was the main issue for me too. Though I am in there now as a low level player and nobody is spamming me.

They're spamming more of the 'Rich' and 'Popular' so they can show off their items and try get trade sales. Also, I think the low level players are unaware of the /trade.
    Fair enough... Let's see how it goes after a day or two... In the "real" implementation, we would do something to reduce or eliminate this anyway.
  • eagence said:

+2 and -1

+2 for also giving low level player a chance to trade without registers it will help them a lot but, I hope it doesn't create more spaming... I guess best way to see if its spam or not is simply sending a holla saying sellng or buying something which is not rejectable after "/trade" is known by others... Without registers I think more then 20 or 30 people will jump in when someone holla and open trade and honestly I think one player should see just one window so he may act "first come first go" system. Still I don't think people yet know "/trade" and currently its only in official realms right?

and -1 for the case of old registers in case this gets implemented. What will be the advantage of using old register then? and I hope just letting a 0 level player doesn't end up with more scams or scam victims. And there should be an adventage of using register besides keeping it as just decoration... For instance, like trading more items or larger amounts of c etc so it could also be fair for the once who get register before to do trades...

Also as another suggestion to stop spaming and keep old registers as if they are you may also make that chat command usable once in every X minutes incase it gets implemented.

Also I hope we see more of those chat commands. There are many of those type of commands, people asked for in past in suggestions it will also be good for those cases.

Registers will still be useful. Our unreleased clients have a second version of the trading window:

Screenshot 2016-09-06 11.28.51
  • Similar to GT's form of alternate trading.
    CosmicCow said:

Screenshot 2016-09-06 11.28.51

Um, no offense, but why 2 slots? =/ People are already complaining that 4 slots is too little, now this feature has 2.. =/
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    I feel like this is the time for the old Cubic Market to shine
  • my suggestion is making a button for turning on/off trading.

sending a system messege to the player who is trying to trade a busy player as registers.
  • So like growtopia... Coooollll

So like growtopia... Coooollll

Liberated said:

Similar to GT's form of alternate trading.

It's an online game, not everything can be different...I don't think the admins went onto GT and just took ideas...Honestly, comparing GT & CC is annoying.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Nice
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Two trading slots is quite fair for a basic trading system. Though we do need a register in the future that has more slots.

I Like this experimental idea. Has many possibilities. Though it needs a way to toggle on and off.
    I'm not going to say anything about spam though, as that i'd imagine, is an easy fix.