A proposal for retired items (without killing the price)

PEgamingPEgaming Member
edited September 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
I heard a bit about retired items, and my mind quickly jumped to this idea. It is an idea to incorporate every single event item (including the retired stuff) in a pack.
Now, before you get out the pitchforks and torches, lemme go on.
The pack is called "Holiday Mystery Box." It contains every single holiday item (no blocks, that would be a ripoff). It costs 10,000c, and IT CAN ONLY BE BOUGHT ONCE PER IP. (per holiday).
My idea is to let people with cubits to try their luck. They will have a good chance to get a common hat, but they could get something rare, and they might even get a retired item like the Krampus. It could also contain items like Ramms, Monster Graves, etc. It comes out every month, and it stays for a week. The chances to get the retired items are slim, and the percentage could result in a player ending up paying more than the item is worth to get the item. So this way, one or two lucky players will get a krampus or umbrella every month, but it won't really kill the price of it.

Say if getting a retired item/umbrella had a 0.1% chance.
So say if 10,000 people bought the pack.
10 people would get either a reitred item or umbrella a month.
What are the chances it would be an umbrella?
There are 10 retired items in the game,
1 (or less!) umbrellas would be introduced per month.

It is just an idea, and it could be adjusted. What do you all think?
If you do not support it, please state why.

Comments

• TAKE ALL MY C IM SOLD I LOVE IT XD
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    I like this idea :) Would try a few packs myself.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    0,o nothing for me 0% luck xD
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    edited September 2016
    I'd love this! Though, what about VPNs?
    I'll probably have 0 luck. :P
  • StevenlolStevenlol Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes, because before those rich people would just be buying hundreds of packs and get rare items, now it's limited per ip
  • I quite like this =)
  • I like it, could help bring back some nice items.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Yes! +1
  • +1 but magic bushes still need to die imo :v
  • OMG this is such a great idea!
    +1
  • Um, bump?
  • I love this idea o.o
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    +1 i like
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    There are a LOT of ideas we'd like to do that would only work for 1 account, that we haven't done. Unfortunately it's too difficult for us to police alt accounts and ensure that the feature is only used once. Once per IP sounds good, but if the items are worth a lot people will find a way around it (going to an internet cafe for instance) and get the valuable items and resell them.
  • VPN, Data, Starbucks.
  • There are a LOT of ideas we'd like to do that would only work for 1 account, that we haven't done. Unfortunately it's too difficult for us to police alt accounts and ensure that the feature is only used once. Once per IP sounds good, but if the items are worth a lot people will find a way around it (going to an internet cafe for instance) and get the valuable items and resell them.

I have definitely thought of everything you listed. I was hoping the idea would make it so that it was more trouble than it was worth to get around the once per ip thing. I mean, getting fab yellow bunny ears for 10k cubits isn't the best deal, and combine that with the loopholes... As I said, the ratios could make it so that you will end up spending more money than the item was worth.
    Maybe it could go for a day or two per month rather than a week... Of course, this is just an idea.