Windows 10 Anniversary - Low FPS

HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
edited September 2016 in Bug Reports
I've recently upgraded my main machine to Windows 10 Anniversary and noticed that the game has been running exceptionally slow in large realms (Like in the middle of The Oriental Residence). Whilst other games run perfectly fine, I'm posting this to see if anyone else had this issue and if it needs to be looked in-depth by the developers.

How to check if your Windows 10 is running the Anniversary version -

Settings -> System -> About -> Version: 1607

(Anything below 1607 isn't Anniversary edition.)

Comments

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    I was started getting lag in my main realm before the anniversary update.
    One of the things that may be affecting you horus is xbox dvr.
    It seems to have been activated in the anniversary update.

Goto the xbox app from the start menu.
    Go to settings. (the little cog)
    Go to Game DVR and set it to off.

Hope this helps.
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Thanks for the advice, however the problem still persists. Not sure why it's happening only in CC, but nothing I tried so far seems to work.
    Horus said:

Thanks for the advice, however the problem still persists. Not sure why it's happening only in CC, but nothing I tried so far seems to work.

Yeah i thought it may still persist.
    I know it worked for some people on more demanding games.
    Battlefield 4 and stuff like that.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    I had the same issue, some weeks ago. Couldn't do anything about it, and I had to move back to the previous build, as long as I was getting low frames everywhere.
    edited September 2016
    It could be an issue windows side. Maybe an update from them might sort it.
    It might be on cc side. I dunno.
    All other games run fine.
    Was playing Battlefield 1 beta on ultra with 90+ fps.
    Parts of my realm are dipping down to 10-15fps currently.
    edited September 2016
    Yeah same, it's most definitely some incompatibility in between the game and Windows 10 Ann or DirectX12. Other graphic-intensive games such as Sniper Elite run flawlessly on ultra and X4 MSAA.
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Yeah I have the same issue. I have new laptop with win 10 and I am lagging really bad in some realms. (Can't enter 2 of my realms) also in mines, depends which way I look. League of Legends works fine (80-100 fps). I updated some drivers, but nothing help. So idk what to do, maybe back to windows 8 lol
  • I haven't upgraded to the anniversary edition yet but I've always been confused as to why we get fps problems on CC (fps never goes higher than 60, even though I know it should be able to, sometimes dips to 30 fps in large realms) even though I can run more demanding games or badly ported games like No Mans Sky on a solid 60fps.
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    I gave the Anniversary version a go and found that I was actually experiencing extreme lag and low fps in almost all my games. Running a GTX 980 with a whole lot of ram, i7. So it wasn't my Pc. After going back to the older platform all my games went back to normal, except for cc. After a week the problem disappeared.
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    edited September 2016
    I'm pretty sure CC could be incompatible with that version of windows, when I got it my game was overloading the cpu and disk. I ended up having to rollback to the build that was right before the Anniversary update... x-x and it was the only thing that couldn't work properly.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    First things i would look at, is updating GPU drivers, and installing DirectX packages such as the DirectX End-User Runtimes and DX 11.
    May not be the issue, but that is where i would start.
    edited September 2016
    Gollum said:

I gave the Anniversary version a go and found that I was actually experiencing extreme lag and low fps in almost all my games. Running a GTX 980 with a whole lot of ram, i7. So it wasn't my Pc. After going back to the older platform all my games went back to normal, except for cc. After a week the problem disappeared.

Did you try the xbox dvr fix for other games?
    BJDware said:

First things i would look at, is updating GPU drivers, and installing DirectX packages such as the DirectX End-User Runtimes and DX 11.
    May not be the issue, but that is where i would start.

Yeah all my drivers are updated.
    It does seem a touch better today in my realm at least.
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    On the older and my current platform I always used the dvr method to fix game issues, just never tried it this time because the impact of the issue seemed too large for that to be the cause.
  • NanoSlime_NanoSlime_ Member
    edited September 2016
    I've just updated to Windows 10 anniversary and I am now having this issue, do you think just updating my nvidia drivers will fix everything or will I need to try and update DX too?
    I tried the Xbox dvr thing, it didn't improve.
    Nope I tried everything I could think of, still got the issue as well... no fix as of now.
  • Horus said:

Nope I tried everything I could think of, still got the issue as well... no fix as of now.

Yay!...
    Seriously Windows please get your OS together.
    We deserve better.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Im on windows 10, i guess i shouldn't update to Anniversary
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    After updating all drivers, nothing works & impossible to play on CC. Like 5-10 fps in some realms. Installed windows 7. 60-70 fps now :D
  • NanoSlime_NanoSlime_ Member
    edited September 2016

Im on windows 10, i guess i shouldn't update to Anniversary

I didn't know it was the Anniversary update, It didn't tell me it was a big update, just a regular shut down and then boom, 2 hour update and bad fps

Update: Updated my Nvidia drivers, found out I'm running DX12. Nothing has worked. I have absolutely no idea what to do now.
    edited September 2016
    Yeah it's really bad... small realms average around 30ish fps, but larger ones get below 5 and are completely unplayable. (Which includes my main realm)

The great wonders of Microsoft and "their best Windows yet". Might just be DX12 but I don't really know how that wouldn't be able to run it.
  • Horus said:

Yeah it's really bad... small realms average around 30ish fps, but larger ones get below 5 and are completely unplayable. (Which includes my main realm)

The great wonders of Microsoft and "their best Windows yet". Might just be DX12 but I don't really know how that wouldn't be able to run it.

Downgrade to DX9, 10 or 11? I have no idea if this would help or not.

I get 17fps in most realms, 6 fps in some of my own, its impossible to play.

I want to die. This fps is killing me.
  • another glorious undocumented feature..... i try to put off win 10 updates until i hear what the skinny is first... sigh.... looks sideways at anniversary update n pokes it w the ugly stick... No!

Horus said:

Downgrade won't help, I did that when I got this update.. Had to just rollback to the build which was before anniversary one since nothing fixed issues with cc for me. x-x
  • Cortana said:

Horus said:

Downgrade won't help, I did that when I got this update.. Had to just rollback to the build which was before anniversary one since nothing fixed issues with cc for me. x-x
    Damn it...
    I wanna cry.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We're looking into this... We aren't sure what a windows update could have done to cause this though.
  • We're looking into this... We aren't sure what a windows update could have done to cause this though.

I've been playing around with other games and I've found it only seems to affect CC in particular, So maybe this is something that can only be fixed by you guys, Although I am still clueless as to what specifically is causing this.
    Windows Just forced my pc to update to anniversary. And i am now having this problem too.

Windows Just forced my pc to update to anniversary. And i am now having this problem too.

You can still rollback to the previous build. Google how to rollback if you don't know how to do it :P CC isn't compatible with this Windows build as it seems.
    I'm not sure if it's worth it if the Devs are working on a fix. If you are @CosmicCow @SirKewberth could you please confirm? If not i will rollback gladly. As then there is no point coming back to anniversary soon if there is a fix being worked on. Thanks @Cortana
  • I'm not sure if it's worth it if the Devs are working on a fix. If you are @CosmicCow @SirKewberth could you please confirm? If not i will rollback gladly. As then there is no point coming back to anniversary soon if there is a fix being worked on. Thanks @Cortana

I don't believe they are working on fixing it as I don't think anyone actually knows what the problem is, other than it involved the anniversary update.
This discussion has been closed.