Name filters/banning inappropriate names

notsofreshnotsofresh Member
edited August 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but if it has, it definitely needs to be implemented asap. There have been a lot of new alts (I'm assuming most are alts) being made that have totally inappropriate names, like I'm not talking about funny names like Trump :P I'm talking about names like this....

Image removed due to inappropriate content - Gollum

I feel like having a name filter system in cc is an absolute necessity when I see names like that on a kids mmo... I'm sure many of you (especially the mods/devs) would agree!

Comments

• definitely agree. seeing it more n more. i'm not a kid but play cc in part because i like the safety aspect. gross names are well.. gross.
  • Da  LegendDa Legend LebanonMember
    edited August 2016
    I think sharing the screenshot here is not a good idea.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    You can use the report button for such cases, usually it will be dealt very fast comparing to scam reports.
  • Please implement a filter for names of players and realm names. I am a father who plays with my wife and three children. And it would be sad to not to want to play C.C. because of profanity or inappropriate language. And agreed not speaking of trump hair... thanks for listening!
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    The best way to report this:

- Report button in the game menu
    - Pm a game moderator on forum
    - support.cubiccastles.com

And yes a language filter on player/realm names would be very useful.
    For now the game moderators have abilities to change the name & warn the player.

If me or another mod can find this player in game. We will change the name asap.
  • I'm glad that others share my opinion :) and thanks for telling me about reporting inappropriate names properly!