Slander.

teqteq Member
edited August 2016 in Community
Lately I've been seeing tons of hollas saying stuff along the lines of "___ is a scammer, beware." Or "___ scammed my ___." I've even seen a few about myself, not hollas but rumors.

I don't post much but I would like to say a few words. Don't believe the rumors that are spread amongst the community. It only take a few people to ruin a players reputation and that's sad, especially when the player is innocent.
I'm not telling you to trust scammers or anything but don't judge someone just by what you hear about them. Obviously take precautions not to get scammed like overlooking your trades and not dropping or trusting people. But like I said don't think ___ is a scammer just because the player xxx said so.

That is all, have a nice day :)

Comments

• MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    I'd like to throw my two-cents in aswell, and I do agree with what you're saying.
    (and I'm going to make this a spoiler because it's a little long)

The biggest problem that's become of Holla's like that is even if the rumor is true, the accuser will ask of the community to also report *said* accused. causing an uproar of spam reports.

The problem with that logic is that you're asking a large group of viewers of the holla, to report an issue that they themselves did not witness.
    So to make a report about a player because someone told you to, to then have a mod come to you and ask what happened, to them tell them
    "They're a scammer, but they didn't do anything to me".

Well at that point it's basically a false-report and (not to be rude) but a waste of time really, for the Mod and the player they have gone to for more information.

(Disclaimer: Mod's aren't required to handle scams, mods that do, do it out of their own accord)

---

There are precautions already thrown out there, if players would have patience when participating to trade an item for cubit or another item.
    (ex: the two confirmation windows in the cash register)

Also, think about the situation you're in.

"If a deal sounds sketchy, don't take it."

Don't throw 5k cubits in for a prize-pool for items that aren't nearly worth the value of the 5k you're putting into the "payaway". Especially if in that little prize-pool, you see a material item that could be stack-able.
    (ex: tacks, warp food, dirt)

I would add more but I might just start type-rambling really. lol
  • There is kids that say ''Give me Dark Angel Wings or I will post on forum ''TurklerTR is scammer.Scammed my Dark Angel Wings''.(Happened)