Why do bombs make gems disappear?

AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
I have found that placing a bomb directly on top of diamonds/emeralds/rubies makes the block disappear, but any surrounding gems are fine (usually). Today I found two emeralds, and was careful to place the bomb next to both, not on top of either one. When it exploded, both emeralds were missing. Why does this happen and is there any way to avoid it? >_<

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • >Gleen<>Gleen< FranceMember
    That is weird lot of people having this problem but not me
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember

Not only those rare block desepear with bomb...
    In fact a big part of block despear with bombs.
    You just have to deal with luck ^^

But...why...? .-.
  • When bombed, blocks have a 50% chance of vanishing.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

Not only those rare block desepear with bomb...
    In fact a big part of block despear with bombs.
    You just have to deal with luck ^^

But...why...? .-.
    Just as it would be in real life.... part of it will be destroyed. You never get the full load.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    It's really random actually. I mean once I blew four emeralds up. I turn around and blew another chunk up and got all 5.
  • DjedoDjedo Member
    edited March 2016
    They we need new way of mining gems. Its lame that they have to disappear after detonation. Can we dig it as dwarfs, old fashion way, with pick axe or something :D
  • But it only apply in mines, as I have bought a room and saw diamonds, and I was able to mine it without the usage of bombs.
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    But if u buy a room and u saw diamonds/emeralds/rubies, u dont need a bomb u cn just mine it :3
  • Yakroo said:

But if u buy a room and u saw diamonds/emeralds/rubies, u dont need a bomb u cn just mine it :3

Thats just what I said above
  • *insane**insane* SerbiaMember
    dont put it directly near them.do it 2-3 blocks away
  • It won't help at all.
  • pysinopysino WA Australia Member
    I'm pretty sure this case is solved ^.^