Jungle Mines

Have Jungle areas spawn in tropical mines.

Comments

• Jungle mines have been proposed before however I like your added idea of making them part of the tropical mine. I really have enjoyed the cavern mines and love how they feel private and isolated because they are not open access. The jungle mines could be done in a similar fashion with the jungle mines having considerably more dense copse of palm trees with new vegetation.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited August 2016

Would you care to go into more detail?
    What would you suggest that these mines could contain?

Myself, i can see..

Vines.
    Vines to be used for Vine ladders, decorational wall ( potentially creeper vines ) vines.

Hardwood tree's.
    A More rich and darker wood. Much like mahogany. A New variation of wood.

Contaminated water.
    With a green tinge, this water could effectively, yet slowly, drain a Qbee of their health upon contact. So many things in a jungle can be poisonous after all.

So much potential there.

Jungle mines have been proposed before however I like your added idea of making them part of the tropical mine. I really have enjoyed the cavern mines and love how they feel private and isolated because they are not open access. The jungle mines could be done in a similar fashion with the jungle mines having considerably more dense copse of palm trees with new vegetation.

Cavern mines made sense to include within a mine. I Don't really see a fluid way to do the same with an open area.

How would you suggest to fluidly add it to a tropical mine?
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    BJDware said:

Cavern mines made sense to include within a mine. I Don't really see a fluid way to do the same with an open area.

You can hide them in thick clusters of tree's or hidden under water.
    The hidden entrance can be explained as an underground passage...

i too like the potential this idea might have... a whole range of new craftables.
  • edited August 2016
    BJDware said:

Would you care to go into more detail?
    What would you suggest that these mines could contain?

Myself, i can see..

Vines.
    Vines to be used for Vine ladders, decorational wall ( potentially creeper vines ) vines.

Hardwood tree's.
    A More rich and darker wood. Much like mahogany. A New variation of wood.

Contaminated water.
    With a green tinge, this water could effectively, yet slowly, drain a Qbee of their health upon contact. So many things in a jungle can be poisonous after all.

So much potential there.

Jungle mines have been proposed before however I like your added idea of making them part of the tropical mine. I really have enjoyed the cavern mines and love how they feel private and isolated because they are not open access. The jungle mines could be done in a similar fashion with the jungle mines having considerably more dense copse of palm trees with new vegetation.

OK, maybe we don't need to add jungle mines separate from tropical mines. Like volcanos, which spawn occasionally, Maybe we can add Jungle areas around the tropical areas. I'd suggest the Jungle areas should spawn ONLY in the overworld Spyre, because all the mines there are 99x99.