Is it worth reporting a player for exploiting bugs/glitches?

Fact: People cheat the records in my course (The Blue Course 2) everyday.

Recently, I've switched the location of the finish line bumper, so it's harder to cheat, but it's still possible...
The so-called "hat glitch" still exists, and I have no choice but to reset the leaderboard everyday. Taking advantage of this glitch is already against the rules, but would any mod give them a warning for this? Would anyone care about it?

Answering this by voting, or putting a comment here :)

Comments

• ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator
    Reporting is always appreciated.. I do honestly hope that action is taken now and again to enforce these rules..

I also hope that they allow the ability to ban by name :)

That would be a nice way to "take out the trash" yourself! >:D
  • Reporting is always appreciated.. I do honestly hope that action is taken now and again to enforce these rules..

I also hope that they allow the ability to ban by name :)

That would be a nice way to "take out the trash" yourself! >:D

There was a post about this a while ago, and the conclusion was, I believe, no. If you ban by name, typos, spaces and other barely noticeable characters will lead to inadvertent unfair bans. It's something that would have to be perfected. I recall one suggestion being a similar function to the "@" being used
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    eagence said:

2 things...

1) For slim, isn't it a bit rude to refer someone as "trash"? Especially as a forum mod even they are bug exploiters...

2) For cd87, isn't it dualistic that you first wanted people to use lava glitch, then want people to use water ice glitch and bouncy accelero and now talking about people use hat glitch and suggesting reporting them...

If you don't want them to use a glitch or bug then either prevent it or just let devs know and fix... But by reporting each player you don't do anygood for any sides and also not get any total solution...

Note: I also forget that cannon part you added that also work like a glitch of damage mechanics...

I see nothing wrong with using thoughs simply glitches to make a greater parkour. What he is saying is they're using glitches to cheat his whole parkour which I don't agree with.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    eagence said:

2) For cd87, isn't it dualistic that you first wanted people to use lava glitch, then want people to use water ice glitch and bouncy accelero and now talking about people use hat glitch and suggesting reporting them...

Well, they are used to make good things, so why to remove it?
    If hat glitch was good, why would I mention it as an example in the topic?

But, you got a point there, so I will replace them with original things. (I've planning to do this long ago)

Water-ice is NOT a glitch, if you do some maths (And you've learned basic physics), you'll understand why.