Remodel Town Center

TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
Move/Remove the Blue Course building, and move the Crafting Building where the Blue Course building was. Add a Public Forums sign up where the Crafting Building was. The public forums sign up will be a wall of information about what the forum is and have an information bumper like the trevor bumper was but it will take you right to Cubic Castles Forum. This way more players will know how to sign up directly. I feel that it is more important that players connect with the game as much as they can. More important than finding the Blue Course.

I would like you to add to the forum an Announcement where all banned & perma banned players and the reason will be to discourage this type of bad behavior. You always say "they have been dealt with". This is fine for at least we do know something has been done. We would like to know, & the scammers need to know what is in store if they repeat these infractions. We only know of the players that quit or that were scammed if they have a forums account &, if post their tragedies on the forum. I know there are countless others who don't feel as they have a choice but to just quit when things in CC land go south. If the average good player sees punishments happen, I feel as they will have hope for their happiness in CC, as doing good is its own reward & how bad behavior is "dealt with".

I am not trying to add more work to anyone with this new forum announcement regarding scammers without a reason. I do feel that any work will have a direct impact on future attempts to defraud CC which should reduce the attempts to repeat such infractions. Any reduction in attempts should reduce the scam reports being filed in the future. I do know there will always be a new slant for these scammers to exploit but as far as the known ones, these will be listed, and the punishments will be as well. Not knowing will not be an option for players who wish to repeat the known scams.

Footnote: Look at this as trying to catch all the mice that got into your pantry. A lot of them. Then imagine if you could block any more from getting in. The amount of work to catch the ones who are already inside would be less as no more mice will be getting in. I want all of the mice removed as I don't want to get sick from eating what they have touched. If you don't want to get sick, vote yes two times below.

Comments

• HinterHinter Member, Retired Moderator
    TheTimMan said:

Move/Remove the Blue Course building, and move the Crafting Building where the Blue Course building was. Add a Public Forums sign up where the Crafting Building was. The public forums sign up will be a wall of information about what the forum is and have an information bumper like the trevor bumper was but it will take you right to Cubic Castles Forum. This way more players will know how to sign up directly. I feel that it is more important that players connect with the game as much as they can. More important than finding the Blue Course.

I would like you to add to the forum an Announcement where all banned & perma banned players and the reason will be to discourage this type of bad behavior. You always say "they have been dealt with". This is fine for at least we do know something has been done. We would like to know, & the scammers need to know what is in store if they repeat these infractions. We only know of the players that quit or that were scammed if they have a forums account &, if post their tragedies on the forum. I know there are countless others who don't feel as they have a choice but to just quit when things in CC land go south. If the average good player sees punishments happen, I feel as they will have hope for their happiness in CC, as doing good is its own reward & how bad behavior is "dealt with".

I am not trying to add more work to anyone with this new forum announcement regarding scammers without a reason. I do feel that any work will have a direct impact on future attempts to defraud CC which should reduce the attempts to repeat such infractions. Any reduction in attempts should reduce the scam reports being filed in the future. I do know there will always be a new slant for these scammers to exploit but as far as the known ones, these will be listed, and the punishments will be as well. Not knowing will not be an option for players who wish to repeat the known scams.

Footnote: Look at this as trying to catch all the mice that got into your pantry. A lot of them. Then imagine if you could block any more from getting in. The amount of work to catch the ones who are already inside would be less as no more mice will be getting in. I want all of the mice removed as I don't want to get sick from eating what they have touched. If you don't want to get sick, vote yes two times below.

It would be very unprofessional for us to post punishments/offenses by players. So I see the chance of anything like a public shaming setup happening, next to nil. I personally don't agree with it either. It's not every players buisness what happens with punishments/cases on an individual basis.
    --
    As for the forum sign up bumper, I like that idea.

• I like the idea of the town center being remodeled just because I like building and changes to a present build are always exciting :D! I would like a bigger town center and it to be remodeled like a town with a fountain in the center with the buildings dedicated to different things like have a museum like structure with tall pillars outside leading to the ream showcase. The game has expanded so much and there are many great built realms that aid players in starting off that a more dedicated central hub where players could gather would be welcomed.
  • like the town in adventure mode :3
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Hinter said:

It would be very unprofessional for us to post punishments/offenses by players. So I see the chance of anything like a public shaming setup happening, next to nil. I personally don't agree with it either. It's not every players buisness what happens with punishments/cases on an individual basis.
    --
    As for the forum sign up bumper, I like that idea.

Agreed.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    I don't like the name and shame idea personally for 2 reasons
    1, They are scammers not sex offenders. What next do they have to go to all the realms they live by and admit to being a scammer?
    2, People can change their name easily in this game. So this list would end up being a list of dead/changed name accounts.

• smuressmures Member
    I don't like the idea of having people who are scammers on a "wall of shame," it's one thing to do it irl and another to do it in a virtual game. The game is made up of kids and the kids being shamed in front of everyone? I don't like it.

As for the forum sign up, that's a brilliant idea! Newer players can finally know about the forums if they haven't learned about it yet :P
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    edited July 2016
    gdog said:

1, They are scammers not sex offenders. What next do they have to go to all the realms they live by and admit to being a scammer?
    2, People can change their name easily in this game. So this list would end up being a list of dead/changed name accounts.

I had forgotten about them being able to change their name. I do want something more to be done. The last player that Athena Shy had listed on Scam Reports (who admitted he made 30k scamming players out of 900c for a grass block) is still doing this and now players see that this type of behavior is acceptable without something telling them otherwise. I feel that if we were to see what is being done, 1. good players would be less likely to repeat it, 2. the players who do this will be added to something we can see even if it is not their name.

We are allowed to add proof of scammers in Scam Reports, so how is it different from what I have proposed? I was asking for punishments to be posted as a deterrent.

Thank you for your input and any support.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Not sure on the scammer thing, but I'm not against making changes to the town center. I think the forum bumper idea is a pretty good one. Maybe I'll do some tweaking when I have some time.
  • Yeah <3. It is time for the town center to get a fresh coat of pain like how the recipe center was forged into a new one.
  • HinterHinter Member, Retired Moderator
    TheTimMan said:

gdog said:

I had forgotten about them being able to change their name. I do want something more to be done. The last player that Athena Shy had listed on Scam Reports (who admitted he made 30k scamming players out of 900c for a grass block) is still doing this and now players see that this type of behavior is acceptable without something telling them otherwise. I feel that if we were to see what is being done, 1. good players would be less likely to repeat it, 2. the players who do this will be added to something we can see even if it is not their name.

We are allowed to add proof of scammers in Scam Reports, so how is it different from what I have proposed? I was asking for punishments to be posted as a deterrent.

Thank you for your input and any support.
    I don't personally believe in doing any sort of public shaming or the Scam Reports for that matter. I just don't think that is the way things should be done. I don't make the forum rules, however.
    --
    I think it's unethical and unprofessional for that information to be disclosed. It's between Mod Staff/Admins and the player in question as to how things are handled/what is done. Scamming is simply about awareness, and a large majority of scams are avoidable by following simple rules which have been posted in multiple new player realms (including mine) and video'ed by people like Gdog.

• BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    The scam reports page...

It is acknowledged that users will always try to post about scams or scammers. Instead of allowing topics to be plastered all over the forum, or deleting them, the scam reports topic allows a contained semi productive vent for users. Productive, as it has helped our moderators and support staff on a lot of occasions, be it dealing with scammers, or learning methods. And yes, a vent is also productive.

There is issues of slander and public shaming involved, but at this point in time, the Pro's outweigh the Con's. And having it contained within the one topic, it is better moderated.

If this topic will remain indefinitely, is another story.

That is the "scam reports" topic explained.

Remember, things are not always black n white. Many shades of grey involved.
    I Do acknowledge the possible benefits of your proposal, yet it has downfalls as well. It is an aggressive move.
    Many of us have shared our opinions, but in the end, it is up to development.