Telefood Bug

Well, this issue isn't a really big or fatal one, but when I wanted to show a friend how much telefood I've got in my inventory I threw them all on the same spot in my realm and collected them afterwards, but only my telefood and telefood with another image than mine (which was a cookie) was left. Then I noticed that the ones of my realm got more too, so after trying that again i figured out that telefood with the same image fuses together when you drop them on the same spot. I also tried to figure out to which one it fuses together, after some tries I thought it would be the stack with more telefood or the one you dropped first but im unsure about this matter.

Greetings Venin

Comments

• When you throw same items in one spot they'll stack to the first dropped item
    Eg: you have 5 dirt in your inventory, and you split it into 1 dirt, then you drop the dirt, and drop the dirt again and all of them are stack to the first dirt....
  • VeninVenin Member
    edited July 2016
    I mean telefood not blocks or items (that's why I said "telefood" bug, lol), it always differ from where they're going.

For example you have telefood for your realm and for your friends realm and if they have the same image and you throw for example 5 of yours and 2 of your friends on the same spot 7 of yours will come out when you collect them again.
  • I believe Cosmic is currently working on it. Snowy and I noticed this yesterday and he sent a ticket.
  • VeninVenin Member
    That's good, I was also wondering why there was no bug report about this yet, since I found it out a bit ago too, so I just decided to write one but I guess there was no need to :3
  • This will be fixed upon the next server restart.
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    Athena & I want to suggest not just fixing this bug but rather use it in a new machine called Food Recycler. Why not add a machine that you can place in the realm that you wish the foods to be converted to, then dropping in the food and hit recycle all.

The bug currently just require that you drop food on the ground (no glass needed) so that the first food (kind specific) you drop change all following foods to be converted to the first kind dropped.
  • *>Jess<**>Jess<* Member
    edited July 2016
    This has been reported by another player already.
  • ArchevixArchevix Member
    edited July 2016
    TheTimMan said:

Athena & I want to suggest not just fixing this bug but rather use it in a new machine called Food Recycler. Why not add a machine that you can place in the realm that you wish the foods to be converted to, then dropping in the food and hit recycle all.

The bug currently just require that you drop food on the ground (no glass needed) so that the first food (kind specific) you drop change all following foods to be converted to the first kind dropped.

CC will lose potential cubits because of less spending on warp sugars
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    Archevix said:

TheTimMan said:

No loss for the sugar had to have been purchased in the first place. Second, the machine should be sold not crafted so there is the profit. Sugar is only 2c each.

As it is now, warps get wasted when the bumper is removed so they are actually making us buy more sugar. The warp foods have already been purchased otherwise there would be no food to begin with. We are just suggesting that CC meet us in the middle and let us recycle what we already paid for.
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    Archevix said:

TheTimMan said:

Well, cubits have to be spent in the first place to obtain sugar. You wouldn't be able to make sugar, just recycle the warps themselves.

Warps were already paid for.

If they sold a machine to recycle them, then players would have to spend more cubits to buy the machine :P

• Archevix said:

TheTimMan said:

Well, cubits have to be spent in the first place to obtain sugar. You wouldn't be able to make sugar, just recycle the warps themselves.

Warps were already paid for.

If they sold a machine to recycle them, then players would have to spend more cubits to buy the machine :P

Yeah, but if I would assume that CC would want you to spend new cubits on warp sugars everytime instead of paying for a warp recycler just once.

What TheTimMan did, was he created a car that never broke down. The point is that there are parts that do break down in a car so that you'd have to take it to a shop (and spend extra money).

His solution is ideal for us, but maybe not for CC. I'm not really against this idea, but as it is now, CC probably wouldn't want to implement it.

A decent fix for this problem, could be the fuel necessary to operate this machine. If it's expensive fuel, then CC could make profit, but idk
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Topic solved.
    Closed.

As for the suggestion debate, it has been moved to http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5263/warp-foods-recycle-machine
This discussion has been closed.