Lower Possibility Of Weather In Mines

This has been suggested by many including myself and I like to bring the subject up again. The mines like tropical to often are raining and storming. It makes for an unpleasant mining experience. In fact I am not able to recall the last time I been in a tropical mine that was not raining. The percentage chance that a mine spawns with weather should be drastically lowered. Weather is a nice asset to mines even ones that make me move onto the next one like blizzards and thunderstorms. It just should not be almost every mine or every other.

Comments

• Yea.. sometimes I can't see the far sides of the mine due to the fog that's included in some stamps.
  • I almost can't see anything in Arctic mines with blizzard stamps. My eyes...
  • Stevenlol said:

I almost can't see anything in Arctic mines with blizzard stamps. My eyes...

Completely agree, but for the past few mining trips I've done in that mine I haven't gotten blizzards :D
    Only light snow
  • Stevenlol said:

I almost can't see anything in Arctic mines with blizzard stamps. My eyes...

Completely agree, but for the past few mining trips I've done in that mine I haven't gotten blizzards :D
    Only light snow
    Lucky >.> I get it almost everyytime.
  • I am not familiar with the frequency with arctic mines and the stamps but I know tropical and forest...are unbearable. Mines are for practical purposes foremost. This is a voxel game with the need for materials as a foundation. If mines are made difficult to use for mere aesthetic purposes it is defeating the purpose for a large part of the game. Seeing how certain feautures like Oasises are controlled and not frequent I see no problem with controlling other aspects. Make the blizzards/thunderstorms on the same frequency as the oasises and make the rain/snow a higher percentage.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    +1000 I liked the mines better with out the stamps :P
  • 'Dragon' said:

+1000 I liked the mines better with out the stamps :P

added another +1000
    Total: 2000

• The stamps make my game laggy.
    And I have to agree with Dragon, the mines were better with no stamps...
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    +1
    The weather is a nice addition, but my phone cant handle the weathers and i have to mine very slow or i crash all the times because of it
  • smuressmures Member
    The weather seems like a bother really, if it's the stronger ones. Stronger ones should stay in parkours and rpgs etc.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    A Settings toggle should really be added for devices and/or connections that cannot handle them, or for those who dislike them in general.
  • smuressmures Member
    BJDware said:

A Settings toggle should really be added for devices and/or connections that cannot handle them, or for those who dislike them in general.

But then people could use it to cheat parkours that use the weather stamps to make it harder
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

BJDware said:

But then people could use it to cheat parkours that use the weather stamps to make it harder
    I think he means that it only adds for mines
  • Yes Cookie, I am only speaking of mines ^_^! I am glad there is so much support. I also thank BJD for adding to what I forgot to mention is the potential lag it induces. I have a old laptop and when I go to pull blocks with a weather stamp it stalls for a few seconds making mining an even more tedious process.
  • smuressmures Member
    o rite that makes sense o3o
  • yup yup :3 too much fps is hurting my eyes >.<
  • Oh yes.... +1 I absolutely hate blizzards, I can't tell if somethings oil or ice in the artic.