"It's my birthday!"

notsofreshnotsofresh Member
edited July 2016 in Community
Those three words just annoys me a bit, like whenever someone in cc comes up to me and says it's their birthday I say happy birthday but then the fact that they expect a gift from you just bugs me... There have been numerous amount of times this happened to me but the most notable time involved a player throwing a tantrum just coz I didn't give him my Slyme costume since it was his "birthday" like I'm sure many people are legit when saying it's their birthday but expecting a gift is too much imo. Sorry for this rant but I'm sure I'm not the only one who had to deal with these sort of people.

Comments

• Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember
    When i see the title, i though it was your birthday xD

Ikr, we can wish them something good instead of giving up our items to them. But, y'know people greeds
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    Part of my pet peeves kicked in when you said it was your birthday and you posted it in general chat, if anything that should be placed in community. But then I saw the content and I was appeased, but still yeah I've had the same stuff happen to me along with many others I know. An it as well ticks me off when this happens.
  • Yeah sorry, I was a bit iffy on the location of my post but I just felt like putting this out here coz it's been happening a lot.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Lol baitclicker xd (no offence)

But i had this also some times, so now i dont really visit anyones birthday anymore. Unless its a friend of me
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    edited July 2016

When i see the title, i though it was your birthday xD

same xD

• TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    Well when it is Jesus's birthday the kids all get presents. Athena Shy will be having a birthday party but she won't be asking for gifts. She will do like last year and give out prizes and gifts. I hope this is inspiring to some who will ask strangers for a hand out just because it is their birthday. We all have a birthday and what if 356 people asked you for a gift on theirs.
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    edited July 2016
    I understand how you feel. This year (just like last) on the 29th I am hosting a Huge birthday party where I will have a giveaway, and free games with prizes, because giving is the best gift of them all .
    Last year people kept coming up to me right after my party and saying it was also their birthday then asking for gifts I couldn't afford to give them. When I told them I couldn't, some of them were super rude, assuming just because I hosted a giveaway, that I could afford super rares.

Lol I hope your rant doesn't go south like mine and get taken down, but then again you shouldn't have to worry, I honestly think my topic was kinda ganged up on by three people that had nothing better to say then it was wrong to rant on the fourms.
  • NerryNerry Member
    I know how you feel. For me I just started not caring if it was people's real birthdays or not. :C
  • A lot of kids on this game are probably just too spoiled and expect the world to come to them. It's okay though, because it's a children's game and this is all part of the learning process (or trolling process).

I find it very annoying too btw, but whatever, it's not a big deal.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    "It's the thought that counts" all that needs to be said. "Meaning a Happy Birthday is good enough"
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    The word birthday says it already.... it's not about getting presents.

When it comes to this game, i find it rude they ask for gifts. I do understand that many are still very young and might not understand the full meaning of a birthday. So at most i might say "happy birthday" and after that if they still go ask for stuff i just ignore them.
  • lisklisk Member
    Well a birthday to me I give my Congrats to the person on living another year on this plane, birthday doesn't mean you get or you deserve presents it just means you we're born on this day. Well considering most cc players are very young and sometimes spoilt most will expect presents.
  • NerryNerry Member
    x said:

Well a birthday to me I give my Congrats to the person on living another year on this plane, birthday doesn't mean you get or you deserve presents it just means you we're born on this day. Well considering most cc players are very young and sometimes spoilt most will expect presents.

Yeah, everyone is just k I was born on this day, give me a krampus.
    On my birthday, I just said "Hey peepsles, its mai birthday :D" I didnt get presents, but that was okay. Cus I was happy it was my birthday. (Doesnt care if I am rich or not in cc)
  • My birthday was July the 7th but things like gifts feel awkward so I have been in hiding until all memory of it becomes irrelevant. I really dislike the gift aspect of birthdays and the obligation to give someone something. When my mom was doing all these nice things for me I asked her was she planning to knock me off and collect a life insurance policy lol. People in Cubic Castles are really close to me and like family but I rather not receive anything. Sadly people feel obligated to give more expensive things when it is the simple things that are most awesome. Like a potted plant that I can then give a name and back story. I wish we could hide from Birthdays O_O!
  • smuressmures Member
    HAPPY BELATED BDAY GREY D:
    I missed so many birthdays already ;w;
    I don't really expect anything from anyone on CC, but from my family yes, yes I do. I want the monies and stoof from my parents lol
    But I don't even expect stuff from irl friends.
    I really don't expect anything but cake o-o
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember

I don't really expect anything from anyone on CC, but from my family yes, yes I do. I want the monies and stoof from my parents lol

Cake....... I don't even like cake really, but I believe the cake holds the spirit of the birthday for all to consume and keep the birthday alive in our hearts. I do have cake when I celebrate anyone's birthday that I am aware of or invited to.
    I don't like presents, or even birthday wishes. When you are younger yes these are important. When you pass 50 though, it is a reminder that you are running out of birthdays & there is an awareness of certain finality.
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    TheTimMan said:

Cake....... I don't even like cake really, but I believe the cake holds the spirit of the birthday for all to consume and keep the birthday alive in our hearts. I do have cake when I celebrate anyone's birthday that I am aware of or invited to.
    I don't like presents, or even birthday wishes. When you are younger yes these are important. When you pass 50 though, it is a reminder that you are running out of birthdays & there is an awareness of certain finality.
    I made you a cake this year and sung you the birthday song :P

My birthday was July the 7th but things like gifts feel awkward so I have been in hiding until all memory of it becomes irrelevant. I really dislike the gift aspect of birthdays and the obligation to give someone something. When my mom was doing all these nice things for me I asked her was she planning to knock me off and collect a life insurance policy lol. People in Cubic Castles are really close to me and like family but I rather not receive anything. Sadly people feel obligated to give more expensive things when it is the simple things that are most awesome. Like a potted plant that I can then give a name and back story. I wish we could hide from Birthdays O_O!

Happy belated birthday :)
  • NerryNerry Member

Cake makes me barf. The only thing I expect is cheesecake xD

• I like how you get to set fire to a the cake with CANDLES >:D. Can you imagine over fifty candles on a cake, it be a glorious FIRE. I have a rule where I will eat almost anything that does not try to eat me first. There is a major exception to this rule-texture. I will not go fully indepth but things that are slimy, rubbery, etc. is a no go for me. I am not the biggest fan of cake but by golly I will eat it ALL. I mean waste not want not am I right. I take it as my loyal duty to intake all the calories to protect others from the evil army of adipose. Thank you >_> for the bday wishes.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

I like how you get to set fire to a the cake with CANDLES >:D. Can you imagine over fifty candles on a cake, it be a glorious FIRE. I have a rule where I will eat almost anything that does not try to eat me first. There is a major exception to this rule-texture. I will not go fully indepth but things that are slimy, rubbery, etc. is a no go for me. I am not the biggest fan of cake but by golly I will eat it ALL. I mean waste not want not am I right. I take it as my loyal duty to intake all the calories to protect others from the evil army of adipose. Thank you >_> for the bday wishes.

XD that story, i love cake myself. But sadly because of my allergics the most cakes are a no no for me :/

And happy late birthday btw
  • What about un-birthdays?
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember

... The only thing I expect is cheesecake xD

Same!

Why don't we remember our "Death" Day? :O
  • RootbeerrRootbeerr Member
    edited July 2016

... The only thing I expect is cheesecake xD

Same!

Why don't we remember our "Death" Day? :O
    We sort of do.... A funeral is basically the birthday party of death. Just my guess, I wouldn't know I've never been to a funeral.

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I used to get this all the time. This is usually how the exchanges go:

Them: "It's my Birthday! :D"
    Me: "Congrats :D"
    Them: "So where's my gift?"
    Me: "Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know you in real life, so I was not invited to your party, so I did not get you a gift."

Half of the people realize it's wrong to ask random people for free stuff, the other half break into tantrums and threaten to report. But hey, what can ya do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • NerryNerry Member
    I remember a couple of months ago, I spotted this rlly silly kid.
    "Its christmas give me gifts we r in the winter lobby so its christmas pls give me gifts the season of giving." As I found dis kid again in a dark lobby
    "Its halloween lobby give me candy pls and give me hats for halloween can I have ghost costume"
    Then in a Sunny Lobby I found him once more.
    "its my borthday can I have a gift"
    *slowly fades away*
  • I understand how you feel. This year (just like last) on the 29th I am hosting a Huge birthday party where I will have a giveaway, and free games with prizes, because giving is the best gift of them all .
    Last year people kept coming up to me right after my party and saying it was also their birthday then asking for gifts I couldn't afford to give them. When I told them I couldn't, some of them were super rude, assuming just because I hosted a giveaway, that I could afford super rares.

Lol I hope your rant doesn't go south like mine and get taken down, but then again you shouldn't have to worry, I honestly think my topic was kinda ganged up on by three people that had nothing better to say then it was wrong to rant on the fourms.

Haha not sure if I will be there XP