Tired of hunting for cavern mines?

TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
I go to the front left corner of a Mountain Mine, then I die on a bee hive. Most times when I do this, I spawn right at the door to a cavern mine even if it is below ground. Not every time.
Cavern Spawn
Cavern Mine Spawn

Comments

• Hmmm, this might be useful
    I'll try it.

It's a glitch tho.
  • mufflon said:

Hmmm, this might be useful
    I'll try it.

It's a glitch tho.

A helpful one though.
    Not really fitting in sugestions and comments though.

• TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    edited July 2016

mufflon said:

Hmmm, this might be useful
    I'll try it.

It's a glitch tho.

A helpful one though.
    Not really fitting in sugestions and comments though.

How about this then, I suggest you try this, then try dieing is a different corner.

There is not really a different place for this. This is my suggestion for those who don't know that when you die, you spawn at the closest door. I choose left front because that is how I read things. Thank you -GreyCoralKing- for reminding me why I chose this category to post in. I am making a comment & a suggestion at the same time. It is NOT a bug or a glitch. It is the way they coded things and CC even stated this quite a while back.
  • I do this too but sadly didn't happen even once xD
  • Shhhh, nobody needs to know
  • #Elfie#Elfie Member
    This is cool :)
  • I knew this before. But I used bombs to kill me. xD
  • $uper Tiger$uper Tiger Member
    edited July 2016

I knew this before. But I used bombs to kill me. xD

Someone used a Qbee bomb on me and I respawned on that door I'm pretty sure it wasn't the front left corner of mountain mine.
  • This is not a glitch and it bothers me how loosely the word glitch is tossed around. It is the intended coding for qbees to spawn at the door they enter or the nearest door to them after if they did not warp to a warp block, which then generally speaking the warp block will take precedence. The correct terminology would be "shortcut" or other word that would describe the nature of gaining an advantage by using the present code against itself. This should not go underneath the bugs/glitch section. This has been present since the dawn of time itself and can be sadly used to cheat parkours/mazes that use doors by simply dying. I personally do not see anything wrong with this though as it is efficient and not everyone gets joy out of cave hunting. This belongs in the right category under the suggestions/comments section as Tim is suggesting a tactic not all may know to finding cave mines more easily.
  • I am gonna try this.....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I knew this before. But I used bombs to kill me. xD

Someone used a Qbee bomb on me and I respawned on that door I'm pretty sure it wasn't the front left corner of mountain mine.
    THANH USED QBEE BOMB ON ME, I GOT TOKEN AND CAVERN AS A RESULT:D
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited July 2016

This is not a glitch and it bothers me how loosely the word glitch is tossed around. It is the intended coding for qbees to spawn at the door they enter or the nearest door to them after if they did not warp to a warp block, which then generally speaking the warp block will take precedence. The correct terminology would be "shortcut" or other word that would describe the nature of gaining an advantage by using the present code against itself. This should not go underneath the bugs/glitch section. This has been present since the dawn of time itself and can be sadly used to cheat parkours/mazes that use doors by simply dying. I personally do not see anything wrong with this though as it is efficient and not everyone gets joy out of cave hunting. This belongs in the right category under the suggestions/comments section as Tim is suggesting a tactic not all may know to finding cave mines more easily.

Anything that is not intentional such as this, is considered to fall under the bug/glitch catagory.
    I Doubt the ability to respawn at cavern mine entrances is intentional, and will most likely be addressed in the future.
  • Helpful glitch, though I hope it can and will be fixed :)
  • Helpful glitch, though I hope it can and will be fixed :)

Umm, why would you want it to be fixed?
  • Archevix said:

Helpful glitch, though I hope it can and will be fixed :)

SAME! I LOVE THIS GLITCH!!!
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember

Archevix said:

I placed this in bug reports for one reason. I feel that this is a side effect of the new rule they made when they wrote spawn points to be the closest door. If I had placed this in Suggestions & Comments, there would be more players calling this a bug or mods would have moved it anyways as one has stated that this needs to be fixed. I feel though it is NOT a bug or a glitch but in fact a fallout of the spawn rule as it was intended to be for official & non official parkour realms. They want it to be a deterrent to be able to die as an advantage to cheat the parkours, and since made life blocks and updated checkpoint blocks. You can feel these about cavern mine door spawns as you wish but if they fix them as a BUG, then they will need to fix what is NOT broke as well when it comes to any closest door spawn that will have repercussions as well. If you add life blocks in mines, you will create a whole new wrong. The immature children who will kill you then take what it took you a long time to uncover.
    Why fix it when there aren't caverns in all mines, and when you do die, it doesn't guarantee that you will spawn at the cavern door. It usually takes you back the the mine entrance door. They might consider fixing if they compare this shortcut a cheat as they did with side mining. I don't feel it is cheating in either instance. We go in both for resources and the longer it takes to get resources means we are using more server time to do so. So if anything faster is better what it comes to server time and the amount of data that has to be correlated in each case.
  • Archevix said:

Archevix said:

I like the glitch, but because of this glitch, everyone will be lazy to find Cavern Mines themselves and the game wn't be fun anymore :v
  • Archevix said:

Archevix said:

I like the glitch, but because of this glitch, everyone will be lazy to find Cavern Mines themselves and the game wn't be fun anymore :v
    Rlly? Cavern mines aren't what the game is about, it will still be fun
This discussion has been closed.