Vending machines

BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
This topic is one of my previous suggestions from our old forums, that i do not wish to be lost via the transfer of forums. Also giving new forum members a chance to add more input to this old suggestion.
Be sure to review the old topic:
http://cubiccastles.forumtl.com/t991-vending-machines

I Still wish to see this in CC someday.

Vending machines

I Would like to suggest two types.

Cubic Vending machine:

All items within the machine are purchasable with cubits.

How does it work?
The machines owner ( the player who places it ) can place materials inside the machine and specify the price per cubit/unit.
When another player opens the machine, items purchasable are displayed with price tags displayed. Amount of specified material('s) is selected and total price is viewed with a payment confirmation.

The Owner may retrieve cubits/materials and re-stock the machine when it is not in use.

Material Vending machine:

Cubits are purchasable with specified material.

How does it work?
Exactly the same as the cubic vending machine, except the roles are reversed. Instead of purchasing materials, players can sell materials that are specified by the machine and at the price rate designed by the machines owner.

Important notes:

We're still considering it but we do want a way to do it that doesn't end up with a game full of empty dusty hallways full of vending machines :-)

Any suggestions in regards to this?

Feedback addons:

• All items should be stackable within the machine.
    eg: Selling 10 feather hats.
  • There Should be 1 slot to the machine for items. Providing there is some sort of an item display like a glassed item, on top of the machine.
  • There could be four slots per machine for items, just like a cash register.
  • "They could have a set amount of time until they decay... or maybe they disappear when they are empty
  • Limit maximum amount of Vending machines per room/realm
  • Time limit to how long the machines operate.
Images provided by: Zpinol

Video provided by: Kice

Feel free to leave your thoughts, further idea's, etc. C:

"Would you use this as a shop owner?"
"Would you use this as a consumer?"
"What do you think of the suggestion?"

#ImprovedTrading

Comments

• iBunniezillaiBunniezilla New ZealandMember
    edited February 2016
    My god, I was just about to post about that, but you explain it much better!

I suggest a Price for a Vendor should range Between 500 - 1000c

Posts merged. Please refrain from multi-posting. -BJDware
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Bringing it back into focus?
    Nice
    As before.... fully supported.
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    Oh yes, I love this!
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    oh! My draw. :3
  • We definetly do need the vending machine. There are lots of shops that sells good items but has no owner/co.owner on.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • +1
    This will be usefull
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    Hehehe this idea never dies
  • xXBad WolfXxxXBad WolfXx Dancing S(O3O)/Member
    Awesome idea O.O I wish it were a item. I'm way to lazy to stay in my shop all day so this will help me alot.

-Wolfie
  • But a question, how does kice have an vending machine if it dosent even exists?
    piratax10 said:

But a question, how does kice have an vending machine if it dosent even exists?

Very skilled animation editor. ;)
  • scorto7 said:

piratax10 said:

But a question, how does kice have an vending machine if it dosent even exists?

Very skilled animation editor. ;)
    a brazilian expert in animation?! Its hard to believe but i do xD
  • iBunniezillaiBunniezilla New ZealandMember
    I know how .3.
    He retextured the prize machine and button. Then paused it and put the GUI that would've been on there. Then unpaused to how the prize machine will dispense a prize. Pretty clever c:
  • Support!!! We all need this!!!
    Fully support!!
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    The video was well done. It shows visually, how the idea could work.
    I Do love Zpinols images though.. just how i would imagine them.
  • this is an awesome idea
    Questions added to topic.
    I Would love to see your responses to these.

Personally,
    I love the idea of interacting with shop owner. But it can be hard to find open shops with staff. So i would love to see these in shops where the owner is offline as a consumer.
    -
    As a shop owner, i would use them 24/7 to be perfectly honest. My personal store is always closed due to lack of time to run it. Such a device would make it possible to keep my store open.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

Well I would find this useful, since it can prevent certain amount of scam and earn cubits while i'm away.
    Yes i would, my shop has never been my priority. This would allow other to shop at my place without having to find me or wait for me to get online. And i can do my thing without constant interuptions.

Yes i would, usually i can find plenty of shops but rarely someone that runs it.

I hope to see it soon :D
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I certainly would use it.
    "Would you use this as a customer?"
    Yes, because it is sometimes irritating that you want a item but the owner is there not
    I think it's awesome, only maybe the price should be around 500c because a average shop should need around 15 of those stands.
    edited March 2016
    Yes, the pricing is surely up to debate.
    Personally, i would like to see it in a 3000c pack of five or such. We would want the device to be available, but not so readily. Making them easily available would not play well for player interactivity. Not to mention we ought to pay a fair amount to the developers for any hard work on implementing such a complicated and system hungry device.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Spoiler:
    Yes, the pricing is surely up to debate.
    Personally, i would like to see it in a 3000c pack of five or such. We would want the device to be available, but not so readily. Making them easily available would not play well for player interactivity. Not to mention we ought to pay a fair amount to the developers for any hard work on implementing such a complicated and system hungry device.
    I like the idea of that pack of 5 for 3k
  • .ci..ci. Member
    I love this vendingmachine idea! This should so becoming a reality! It would help out store owners a whole lot as they can only help 1 customer at a time, and it would help customers too so they do not have to wait for the owner to be ready for them.
  • yessssss i would love that so just in case the owner is not there and he have a vending machine and he is selling the thing i need and i buy it i would love it
  • I really love this idea, I'd give this a 10/10 idea
    (Nice artwork btw :3 )

I really love this idea, I'd give this a 10/10 idea
    (Nice artwork btw :3 )

The artwork is credited to Zpinol ;)
  • k a wk a w Member
    Great idea!
  • I love this idea! Needs to come in next update...but be an affordable price, not like, 10k... :3
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Support!
This discussion has been closed.