Comment: Rudeness & Greed

TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
edited June 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
I am so sick of you greedy players who will take from a giveaway just because you can & then have the gall to drop it on the floor like it's garbage. now not only can't the needy players get one, the items weren't dropped on the provided donation tables so they can be re added to the prize machines. These prizes were no surprize, they were clearly visible in glass for all to see and the holla that brought you there said the item. It makes me sick to see such rudeness and even more so knowing nothing will or can be done about other than YOU GROWING UP and stop the selfishness & GREED.

EDIT*

I know some of you will say that kids will be kids and it is because they weren't brought up properly. These are both true and the reason I stated "nothing will or can be done about other than YOU GROWING UP and stop the selfishness & GREED.".
How is anyone to know they have done wrong, unless they have been told so? I think I have been forward and non hurtful in my "comment" on this. Please don't defend them, but instead help all of us educate and make aware that this is wrong even though this is just another MMO. We can bring MMO to a whole new level if we all try to be positive and teach right from wrong.

BTW, most of these "kids" don't even have a forum account or read here.

Comments

• CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    I agree...seen this happening in my realm the whole day. It's really sad and heartbreaking how careless some people are. And there's absolutely nothing any of us can do, these people should think of their actions on their own since they don't even listen to anyone.
  •   Angel  Angel Leedle LandGame Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Tim yeah it does suck but again, it's a kids game :3 you can't expect so much from them because honestly even though it says 13+ for this game, players ages 5 and up play this...Kids will be kids and it's our job to make sure they do the right thing yes, but it takes patience and time with most when it comes to growing up and rudeness/selfishness. Everyone learns differently and at different paces. Plus it is a giveaway, all sorts of players will teleport and have at it at the dispencers if it's a Hollawarp. Now when it comes to players dropping items on the floor, it honestly isn't a big deal because players will be bound to do so, and ranting about it making it seem like they are bad kids won't fix anything. Teach by example.
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited June 2016
    It's an MMO... I mean people make these rants about players being greedy and selfish like it's something new.
    Greed is going to exist on any game (especially and with currency and give-outs for players to make a quick buck)

"Free" is pretty much and entitlement to "anyone."

Oh no, someone dropped their hat?

Well you have another hat to throw back into a prize dispenser.
    Not the owner and can't pick it up? I mean that's not your fault.
    When someone makes a hollawarp including the words "Giveaway" and "free" I mean... greedy people are gonna jump at the chance.

Technically everyone can entitle to it... Because It's *free*, and like you said
    "they're greedy". Why wouldn't they show up? lol

---
    People are seriously expecting too much out of selflessness.
    Not everyone's got this "proper upbringing"

Kids CAN be brats.
    ---> Adults CAN even still be brats.

Now is that the parent's fault? Possibly. But what's the point of delving into non-game related things? Lol

I'm not saying people can't be mad at about it... but at the end of the day there's really nothing you can do, the Greed-factor is always going to exist unfortunately.
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't think some people understand how upsetting it is when you go out of your way to help others then get disrespected. It hurts, it is aggravating and it is perturbed.

It is not okay for a player that doesn't need something to come to an event intended to help those players in need, take those items then throw them on the ground like trash to disappear. When you drop an item it disappears forever. Someone that needed that will not get it now.

Not only is it disrespectful to the one that is hosting that event, but it is discourteous to the players in need, the ones the event was intended to help.

There is nothing wrong with making a comment about that.
    Saying players are greedy isn't small minded, it's the truth, and it hurts, just like when they came to my realm and took items they didn't need, then dropped them on the floor like garbage. That hurt.

The reason this post was made was to teach players that do this, how upsetting it is.
    You say kids will be kids like they don't know right from wrong, well how will they know it is wrong unless we tell them.
  •   Angel  Angel Leedle LandGame Moderator
    edited June 2016
    I know most of the players don't have a forum account, and Athena I never said there was anything wrong about Tim's post at all, my point basically is just trying to let you guys know that there are other ways in telling them what they are doing wrong or should I say other wordings we can use to help let them know that it hurts to see players drop items when new players need it more than advanced players that have been playing for a longer period. instead of saying they are greedy, rude, selfish and disprectful, just word it differently or even nicer because for some you might come off rude and they might retaliate.Younger players take things in differently..Therefore, they might not always take what you say in the right way..I know how frustrating it can be at times when players do this because it makes you feel like they don't care for the item and it's going to waste when they just drop them, but for me, I just pick them back up and put it back in the dispencers since you do have 20 mins until they decay and it doesn't bother me to put these items back in cause ik there will always be players that will want it if the next doesn't. And on the plus side, if you're using items that you can craft, you can always re-craft them and add more, but like me if you're putting in clothing items or items you cannot craft, just monitor and pick up the items and put them back in the dispencers. Yeah it's a bit of a pain but if I'm monitoring that's what I do because There isn't a point for me to just let them sit there and decay..So I understand pretty well and I'm sure Hinter does too since he's all about events for giving. Not to mention he too has a realm specifically for new players that GreyCoralKing, JustMeg, Chickthulhu, others and I have helped to create. So all I wanted you guys to know was I'm not against the post at all, I just beleive there are better ways to let kids/teens know and try to I guess think on their level on how they would take it in? but that's how I see it lol xD maybe I'm too nice haha ;Q;
  • *MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
    edited June 2016
    @TheTimMan ................ I love ur comments. Simple. You are obviously a proud daddy raising ur kids right!!!! Yea!! Why do i say that.. Im a proud momma, and i know a good parent when i see something like this on forums... Don't ever change... And keep that work up. I made a discussion on bullying because i saw the same disrespect. And it was recieved so much better than i thought it would be. Raising our voices to the community DOES make a difference. I'd be proud to know u. And glad to see someone of like mind here. Happy belated fathers day too!! Keep being awesome!

And... @Athena Shy You are so right!! You're entire message. We can't control how a child is taught or what they learn. But in here we can raise our voices to teach them better, and we should!! Good comment.... You have my respect as well as TimMan does now
  • *claps for Tim* I'm glad someone pointed this out-it's RIDICULOUS how players are like these days. If you don't want it, leave it.
  • TheTimMan said:

I am so sick of you greedy players who will take from a giveaway just because you can & then have the gall to drop it on the floor like it's garbage. now not only can't the needy players get one, the items weren't dropped on the provided donation tables so they can be re added to the prize machines. These prizes were no surprize, they were clearly visible in glass for all to see and the holla that brought you there said the item. It makes me sick to see such rudeness and even more so knowing nothing will or can be done about other than YOU GROWING UP and stop the selfishness & GREED.

EDIT*

I know some of you will say that kids will be kids and it is because they weren't brought up properly. These are both true and the reason I stated "nothing will or can be done about other than YOU GROWING UP and stop the selfishness & GREED.".
    How is anyone to know they have done wrong, unless they have been told so? I think I have been forward and non hurtful in my "comment" on this. Please don't defend them, but instead help all of us educate and make aware that this is wrong even though this is just another MMO. We can bring MMO to a whole new level if we all try to be positive and teach right from wrong.

I agree with you, try hosting an event or giveaways, you get complete disrespect.
    Cortana said:

I agree...seen this happening in my realm the whole day. It's really sad and heartbreaking how careless some people are. And there's absolutely nothing any of us can do, these people should think of their actions on their own since they don't even listen to anyone.

@TheTimMan ................ I love ur comments. Simple. You are obviously a proud daddy raising ur kids right!!!! Yea!! Why do i say that.. Im a proud momma, and i know a good parent when i see something like this on forums... Don't ever change... And keep that work up. I made a discussion on bullying because i saw the same disrespect. And it was recieved so much better than i thought it would be. Raising our voices to the community DOES make a difference. I'd be proud to know u. And glad to see someone of like mind here. Happy belated fathers day too!! Keep being awesome!

And... @Athena Shy You are so right!! You're entire message. We can't control how a child is taught or what they learn. But in here we can raise our voices to teach them better, and we should!! Good comment.... You have my respect as well as TimMan does now

*claps for Tim* I'm glad someone pointed this out-it's RIDICULOUS how players are like these days. If you don't want it, leave it.

Bluemist said:

TheTimMan said:

EDIT*

I agree with you, try hosting an event or giveaways, you get complete disrespect.
    Thank you guys - Athena & Tim

• CD87CD87 Member
    edited June 2016
    You could expand it a bit, not just giveaways, but all free things.
    They are free, as the title say, so why not respecting it? People can't spawn them from the sky! They are kind enough to make them free-to-grab, so what's the reason to reject it?

You might not need one of those things, but just think for the other. You don't need a stone hammer, then give it to another person!

If anyone is giving free items/cubits to everyone (Like me everyday in my parkours), you'll probably understand the feeling when someone rejects your item(s). And, it's getting bad everyday as more valuable things are more expensive, and less valuable things become cheaper...
    Not to mention: They add these words after throwing it/them out. (WARNING! Heavy words ahead - Do NOT click if you don't want to see)

Noob item/prize
    Noob parkour/maze/realm -> Idk why the prizes are related to this
    Trash item
    Junk
    Noob owner (Seriously?)

Maybe I'm not as rich as the mods (Hinter - for example - always gives hat packs). But I'm not that rude and poor to put fern/mushrooms/flowers! So why rejecting it? And even if It was them, just accepting it. Put it to storage or display it. Every items has its own uses. Nothing is useless, to be honest...

I know that most of the players don't exist in forums, but I also know that some here are greedy people who do/did refuse free items. Stop doing it, or you'll never escape the realm of greediness!

Finally, bookmarked this thread!
  • PixiePixie Pixie HollowMember
    Ranting about this is childish..
    Kids that do this will never read this..
    I'f you want this to change show them how in game nicely..
    Also greed is everywhere so probably best to get used to it being around.. thanks
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited June 2016
    The real thing that kinda baffles me about all this is
    TheTimMan said:

and

The reason this post was made was to teach players that do this, how upsetting it is.

I mean... If the whole point of this post is to address these "Selfish Greedies" in the first place... Well how's it supposed to reach them if they don't have an account on here? Or don't care/don't know to make their way on here to then read this topic-at-hand.
    (Some probably don't realize CC has a forum)

And if it's being dependent on us as fellow dedicated players;
    I'm sorry but I really don't want to have to play "parent" on here.

well how will they know it is wrong unless we tell them.

It's one thing to state common sense and info where it's needed and necessary to support fellow players new/old.
    But I can't see making it an endless priority.
    I deal with giveaway events and if some players are "greedy" enough to take the item, but then selfless enough to drop the *said* item instead of taking it with them, then it's saved for another day for another player. That's really the way I see it.

---> If anything make a point to encourage new players (or even dedicated players) to sign up for the forums. :P
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I hate this too, always with giveaways (free) people trow the stuff they get on the ground because "its an stupid item", but if that happens to me i just ban them forever so that they never can get another giveaway (and then to bully them i do better things in it)
    edited June 2016

The real thing that kinda baffles me about all this is

TheTimMan said:

and

I mean... If the whole point of this post is to address these "Selfish Greedies" in the first place... Well how's it supposed to reach them if they don't have an account on here? Or don't care/don't know to make their way on here to then read this topic-at-hand.
    (Some probably don't realize CC has a forum)

And if it's being dependent on us as fellow dedicated players;
    I'm sorry but I really don't want to have to play "parent" on here.

well how will they know it is wrong unless we tell them.

It's one thing to state common sense and info where it's needed and necessary to support fellow players new/old.
    But I can't see making it an endless priority.
    I deal with giveaway events and if some players are "greedy" enough to take the item, but then selfless enough to drop the *said* item instead of taking it with them, then it's saved for another day for another player. That's really the way I see it.

---> If anything make a point to encourage new players (or even dedicated players) to sign up for the forums. :P
    Please don't take what I said out of context, and try to twist it.

Just because some of those players don't have a forums account doesn't mean that they ALL don't. I am sure many of them do. What else am I suppose to do, Holla system isn't for venting my frustration and I can't go to everyone's realm. The forums, this section is for suggestions and comments, to voice your input.

I do giveaway every day, I help players everyday. I spend 90% of my time helping and giving, so yes I do get upset when some players act greedy and disrespectful. It isn't a walk in the park to overview 50 players during a giveaway making sure they didn't take a hat then throw it on the floor when I am trying to watch for alternate account, talk to players and assist someone when they have a question.

With everything I do, I should have the right to come and vent a little about things that bother me here.

I hope that cleared it up, thank you for your input and have a good night :)

You could expand it a bit, not just giveaways, but all free things.
    They are free, as the title say, so why not respecting it? People can't spawn them from the sky! They are kind enough to make them free-to-grab, so what's the reason to reject it?

You might not need one of those things, but just think for the other. You don't need a stone hammer, then give it to another person!

If anyone is giving free items/cubits to everyone (Like me everyday in my parkours), you'll probably understand the feeling when someone rejects your item(s). And, it's getting bad everyday as more valuable things are more expensive, and less valuable things become cheaper...
    Not to mention: They add these words after throwing it/them out. (WARNING! Heavy words ahead - Do NOT click if you don't want to see)

Noob item/prize
    Noob parkour/maze/realm -> Idk why the prizes are related to this
    Trash item
    Junk
    Noob owner (Seriously?)

Maybe I'm not as rich as the mods (Hinter - for example - always gives hat packs). But I'm not that rude and poor to put fern/mushrooms/flowers! So why rejecting it? And even if It was them, just accepting it. Put it to storage or display it. Every items has its own uses. Nothing is useless, to be honest...

I know that most of the players don't exist in forums, but I also know that some here are greedy people who do/did refuse free items. Stop doing it, or you'll never escape the realm of greediness!

Finally, bookmarked this thread!

More than anything, I am not upset that high level people take stuff intended for newer players. Some are very polite and ask if they can, which I always say yes, even if they are level 30, they might need a chest, you never know xD

I just get upset when someone takes a cash register then drops it :(
    I am just like
    why

I am interested to work TOGETHER to find a solution to reaching out to those players in a way to teach them in game about this issue. We can't go realm to realm telling player this xD but we are all very smart so I am sure we can brain storm on this subject :P

Despite our different opinions, we all have one thing in common! We LOVE this game and want it to be enjoyable :)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I'm not sure why this thread seems to be so contentious, but I keep getting private messages about it from different people... (up to 5 now!) So I'm going to go ahead and say that I think the general point has been made and close it before things really go off track.
This discussion has been closed.