Direct private messages

To be able to send private messages directly to your friends.
And they can choose if they receive these pm's or not by the desired sender.
I hope you like this idea it would be really usefull!

Comments

• Not a fan of this idea, I would define your suggestion to the Whisper feature, therefore we will not need anything similar to it.

I noticed your Topic had no response so I had to respond and I don't think Cubic Castles would need any 'block' features if that what you mean by "they choose if they receive these pm's or not by the desired sender" if we already have a ban feature.
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited June 2016
    PM'ing is a really good suggestion on here, but there all a couple options available at the moment to substitute.

While the whisper feature is excellent for sending "private messages"
    Whisper only work if the player is online and in the same room as you.
    They're nulled if the other player is offline, unfortunately.

The best option I can see is using the Letter System.
    If your friends have mailboxes, then it's possible to just drop one in. :P

• I like this idea, cuz many, many times I want to say something to my friend, like once me and a friend were searching for a cavern mine, and I found one, and went in accidentally. Now if I exited the mine I would have lost the cavern mine and we would have to find a new one. A pm would be useful here, to tell my friend to Tp. (Just an example I had many other situations that I would need to pm.) +1 :)
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    ROOTbeerr said:

I like this idea, cuz many, many times I want to say something to my friend, like once me and a friend were searching for a cavern mine, and I found one, and went in accidentally. Now if I exited the mine I would have lost the cavern mine and we would have to find a new one. A pm would be useful here, to tell my friend to Tp. (Just an example I had many other situations that I would need to pm.) +1 :)

These are my thoughts too. I find myself unable to contact someone who I wish to share a discovery with & find that if I leave, the circumstances I needed them for would vanish. I don't see why we can't incorporate this forum with the game message system. If we PM them here while in game, they might not see it if they don't check here for PM's. If there was a connection as with the email notifications we get when we receive a PM here, it could fly. Steam has a feature where when your friend starts a game, or sends a message, there is a popup.
    I played another game (FB's BackYard Monsters) where it had a game placeable item that if your realm were attacked, you got a tweet. This could be adopted in some way I believe.
    As for whispers, there can be a connection or a section that allows you to select from any of you friends either online or off. This way, if they are online, they can join you.
    The mail has limitations that include, it can only hold so many & you need to go to the box to leave a message. I believe most people who had the message idea wanted to be able to contact their friends directly or at least while they were at where they needed them at that time. Both whispers & mail is great so don't think I am against either. I love these improvements.