Can someone help with modding images and sounds on Android? :)

Not sure which has topic this should go in. Can someone explain? I'm not sure exactly how to replace files (I have a sound I want to replace and have downloaded what I want to replace it with). Yet how exactly do I do this? I am scared to experiment in case I make a mistake. Someone made a discussion about editing but it only had how to access game files...

Comments

• MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    edited June 2016
    if you want to replace sounds make sure the file name is exactly the same with the original
    ex:
    Original sound file name : "Door Creak"
    File you want to replace it with:
    "amazin sound I downloaded from teh iternter" <-- rename this file "Door Creak"
    remove the original and move/copy the new one you just renamed
    then try it in-game if it works

if you're scared of making mistakes you can always back-up the whole folder by copying and pasting it anywhere else like the desktop
    I didn't see android at first, anyways this method works in windows ver. if anyone doesn't know how this is the way to do it
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    At android you have some maps, like maps with certain sounds, just place the original sound something else (for if you want it back) and place the data of the sound you want in that map.
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Editing textures is kinda pointless, imo. You'll waste your time changing stuff and it will wipe after the update; plus image files change all the time, along with the item position, when something new gets added to it since they're all in one file, not separate file for each item. I used to edit textures on pc, it's really not worth the effort since it will be all gone after a while.
  • Thank you @Miwky. That method works on Android too. Does anyone know how to edit pics though? =3
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    edited June 2016
    editing images hmmm
    it's quite easy but like Cortana said it's kind of not worth it, but if you still want to mess with the images you'd want to backup all those, now for editing you can pretty much use any photo editing softwares that support png files, like photoshop, sai etc
    I wouldn't recommend retexturing the clothes, they're quite complicated, well some of it are not, if you want to make it grayscale change it's hue you can do that
    UIs are fun to edit tho, they're just basic shapes I was thinking of making UI textures myself.

here's a simple step, once you've open the image in.. lets say "Photoshop" I'm not sure how you can do this on android tho (here's another thing, you'd want applications that has layers, with layers you can work on top or below the image without damaging the actual image depending where you've put the layer) create layers, that's where you'll draw/edit/put other images or anything else you want, once you're finished editing you're now satisfied at your work combine all the layers and save it as a png file, like for the sounds the file name must be the same to the original otherwise it won't work, don't forget to backup all your files this will save you from redownloading the game incase you mess up

this is just how I did it, I dunno bout android tho, but I hope you get the idea and somehow make it work for you
  • OK one last thing: I managed to editoover world images fine, but when I do items, it glitches my games files. Why? What am I doing wrong :3?
  • OK one last thing: I managed to editoover world images fine, but when I do items, it glitches my games files. Why? What am I doing wrong :3?

Welp, you either did the wrong file,
    Didnt setted it correctly (make it so its transparent or it will be a item with a frame.)
    Or you just placed a file and didnt delete the second one.
    If that didnt help. Tell me what you did. Complex.
    Or it just doesnt support items.
    What do i know? I only edit audio.