Tips to Find out Capital Letter 'I'/Small Letter 'l' Manipulator Scams (In case you didn't know)

edited February 2016 in General Chat
If you know a scammer who manipulates someone's username by using Capital 'I' or Small 'l', I can show you how to find out whether one is a manipulator or not (only for PC users)

Basic Steps:
1) Go to 'Game Settings'.
2) Go to 'MISC' and click on 'PARENTAL CONTROLS'.
3) Go to 'Activity Logs' and turn on 'Record Chat and Activity'.
4) Go back to game and ask the person, whom you are currently not sure whether he/she is a scammer, to just chat or type something.
STEPS COMPLETE!

For Windows:
1) Search for the file called %appdata% or type the following 'C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming
2) Click on 'Cubic'
3) Click on 'LOGS'
4) Click on the notepad which came out the latest (Example: If you see 2 notepads, one called 'LOG 2-21-2016 at 20.32.41' and the other called 'LOG 2-21-2016 at 20.44.08', click on 'LOG 2-21-2016 at 20.44.08'.
TA DA! Here comes da TRUTH!

For Mac:
I am not sure about the steps to find the Chat Logs but you can try searching the game files. Please comment me if you know how to do it. Would help a lot :D

Comments

• >Gleen<>Gleen< FranceMember
    I don't see a way people can scam using I and l...
  • If you know a scammer who manipulates someone's username by using Capital 'I' or Small 'l', I can show you how to find out whether one is a manipulator or not (only for PC users)

Basic Steps:
    1) Go to 'Game Settings'.
    2) Go to 'MISC' and click on 'PARENTAL CONTROLS'.
    3) Go to 'Activity Logs' and turn on 'Record Chat and Activity'.
    4) Go back to game and ask the person, whom you are currently not sure whether he/she is a scammer, to just chat or type something.
    STEPS COMPLETE!

For Windows:
    1) Search for the file called %appdata% or type the following 'C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming
    2) Click on 'Cubic'
    3) Click on 'LOGS'
    4) Click on the notepad which came out the latest (Example: If you see 2 notepads, one called 'LOG 2-21-2016 at 20.32.41' and the other called 'LOG 2-21-2016 at 20.44.08', click on 'LOG 2-21-2016 at 20.44.08'.
    TA DA! Here comes da TRUTH!

For Mac:
    I am not sure about the steps to find the Chat Logs but you can try searching the game files. Please comment me if you know how to do it. Would help a lot :D

yuzzu, the best wy to know is ask them questions only the real one would know and see if they are on your friends list.