Top Realms 2016 (may/june) Voting!

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
edited May 2016 in General Chat
If you want to vote for your favorite realms please use this survey. I used google forms because our built in forum poll doesn't allow you to vote for more than one option. You'll need to have a google acct of some kind to vote (this is to prevent double voting).

http://goo.gl/forms/m4fQ03UAF4I2hkG33

Note the stuff in brackets is some helpful hints about how to find the realms so you can visit them yourself. The hints are often for the search bumper in lobbies but sometimes its about how to find a room door etc..

Voting ends June 3rd

Comments

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Very good. Love how we can vote more than once and there's a system to reject multi-voting. Well done Kewb! :)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    If any realms were removed it's because we couldn't find them or the name was wrong etc... We didn't judge any realms based on content or if they were finished or not etc... So if you feel one is missing then pm me and I can try to add it quickly.
  • 719matmat719matmat Traveling through time and space (tping to friends)Member
    uhh multiple google accs= cheating
    (just saying~~)
    Google accounts are the easiest to make, I pretty sure they require a phone number too, or that's just Youtube. Also for every 1 account they make they have to spent 30 minutes making an e-mail then the Google account. Not worth the hassle imo.
  • 719matmat719matmat Traveling through time and space (tping to friends)Member

Google accounts are the easiest to make, I pretty sure they require a phone number too, or that's just Youtube. Also for every 1 account they make they have to spent 30 minutes making an e-mail then the Google account. Not worth the hassle imo.

heh, 30 mins?!!?!?
    more like 10.
    they dont require a phone number, its optional ;)
    (dont ask how i know. you wont guess how many google accs i have.)
    Well, either way, it's better. It takes 30 seconds make fake account aka forums account with in-game account & 10 minutes with google.
  • HinterHinter Member, Retired Moderator
    719matmat said:

heh, 30 mins?!!?!?
    more like 10.
    they dont require a phone number, its optional ;)
    (dont ask how i know. you wont guess how many google accs i have.)
    I also don't get this generation that focus's more on ways to get around something vs just simply doing things the right way. -.-

• MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    There's a LOT of great picks to choose from.
    Don't regret not visiting em!
  • MazuMazu Member
    We don't have any idea that our shop "Qbee Essentials" was nominated. We are renovating our shop that time and we are glad that we finished it before the voting opens. ^_^
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Note - I added some realms that were missing. I also wanted to say that voting will close in around a week on June 3rd.
  • The winners of the vote are not the central focus it is about bringing awareness to the builds of others. Public voting whether cheating or not is going to be heavily skewed as the basis of the voters are very biased like voting for their friends for example. Just because one build is the elected winner does not mean it is supreme or better than the others. Let us take a moment to be honest. Beaver's Monalisa should win vs. the parrot I built in Caged Creativity. Both are wonderful creations and it is not putting me down or my effort. It is just that level of skill and uniqueness is simply not done. I personally have not seen pixel art on that level. Both are pleasing and thus serve their purpose which is to entertain others.
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    Awww Godzilla Didnt Made It :c
    Did U See It SirKewb?
  • CD87CD87 Member

The winners of the vote are not the central focus it is about bringing awareness to the builds of others. Public voting whether cheating or not is going to be heavily skewed as the basis of the voters are very biased like voting for their friends for example. Just because one build is the elected winner does not mean it is supreme or better than the others. Let us take a moment to be honest. Beaver's Monalisa should win vs. the parrot I built in Caged Creativity. Both are wonderful creations and it is not putting me down or my effort. It is just that level of skill and uniqueness is simply not done. I personally have not seen pixel art on that level. Both are pleasing and thus serve their purpose which is to entertain others.

I absolutely agree with your opinion, they are all great realms (I've personally visited some myself). Or at least It's great enough to be nominated. I'm expecting a great battle in the scenic group.

By the way, why are there so many red courses?
  • Kabana'Kabana' Member
    I would recommend elliot

There's a ton of great realms.. Having the top-whatever is to have some focused set for more casual players to visit. But we'll re-enter the nominated realms for the next round. Especially in bigger categories like scenic, there are definitely more than 5 realms worthy of mention. But the whole point is to get people to visit as many of these nice realms as possible, because as players, when we don't see a nice realm just because we don't even know it exists, we're the ones who lose out.
  • HinterHinter Member, Retired Moderator
    Yakroo said:

Awww Godzilla Didnt Made It :c
    Did U See It SirKewb?

Were you talking about IronZilla Yakroo?

• GenexGenex Member
    Sir The Golden castle isnt There '-' i Nominated it tho '-'
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    Yes @Hinter :D

Sir The Golden castle isnt There '-' i Nominated it tho '-'

Put it in.. not sure why removed. Maybe Horus had trouble finding it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited May 2016
    your realms were submitted knop.. there are a few in there you made.. sunbowl, and knop museum etc..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    We'll probably do another one later this year.
  • Shoutout to those who don't have a google account to vote for what they nominated, lol
    There was a way to do it account-less -- but the problem then was that people could just vote as many times as they wanted. So, I took the lesser of two evils, and went with the more secure choice.
  • iBunniezillaiBunniezilla New ZealandMember
    @SirKewberth I believe my realm was nominated (o_O)
    They didn't get the name right, It's labeled as Bunny Burrow but the real name is iBunniez's Burrow ... take the first portal that you see when you enter ^_^
    I changed it.. see if it looks ok now
  • iBunniezillaiBunniezilla New ZealandMember

I changed it.. see if it looks ok now

Yup looks great, thanks!
  • Lots of places to check out, and a hard vote, but decision made, and vote got put in. Good luck to everyone who was nominated!!