Whisper Suggestions

The new whispers are nice, but I think it definately needs some tweaks to reach perfection. I've got two main ideas for tweaking, so hear me out.

Idea 1:
-change how the recipient sees it. Change the color. I was thinking maybe a soft, light blue color that doesn't stand out from other chat as much as the bright yellow hollas or the intense green announcments, but it should still be distinguishable.
-remove the "(WHISPER)" text that appears before each whisper. The color should be enough to tell its a whisper.
-allow whispering out of room. Maybe do "whisper (PLAYER_NAME)" instead of "whisper" then select a player in the room.
-add setting to parental controls to "Disable Whispers"

Idea 2:
-Add a new 'whisper list'
-friends are on 'whisper list' be default, but can be removed from whisper list without unfriending them.
-allow people to request to join someone's whisper list the same way they can request to add to friend list
-change whisper color to soft light blue
-remove the '(WHISPER)' text
-add to parental controls "Disable whispers from non-friends" and "Disable whispers"

Or we could just leave them how they are. My personal favorite would be idea 1.

Comments

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Blue text, messes with Mod chatting. Green messes with Broadcasts.

The "(WHISPER)" is very useful.

Only Whispering in the same room reduces spam to players. Noobs would start spamming mods with reports via whispers.

I already suggested making it 'Friends Only' & 'Anyone'

Whisper list sounds too complicated for new players and maybe younger players.

• IcyTamTamIcyTamTam Member
    edited May 2016
    I'd like to see that Qbeez can whisper even when others are in a different realm:)
    EDIT: I guess it will defeat the purpose of TP, never mind!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member

I'd like to see that Qbeez can whisper even when others are in a different realm:)

It'd cause too many issues. Maybe if they added an option making whispers 'Friends Only' it'd work.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Yeah the spam would be insane if people could whisper when not in same room/realm
  • MufflonMufflon Member
    gdog said:

Yeah the spam would be insane if people could whisper when not in same room/realm

In that case, R.I.P Mods.
    ___
    Anyays, I tought it could be better if we could just put

"whisper *username* *message*"

Finding the desired qbee in a full realm might take a while...

• I most defiantly would like the color of the text change. As someone who is blind in one eye and has deteriorated vision in the other eye I can not see the text even with my huge magnifier with super magnifying abilities >:O!
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I would like to be able to whisper to other players if they're in a different realm/room. There could always be a Block option so you can block spammers. Or a option to turn off whispers. ^^
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lil roolil roo Member
    Perhaps the colour of the Whisper text could be 'Purple' cause as Mr Penguin explained the light blue could cause a little trouble, Other than that, Amazing suggestion +1
  • The mod chat is a hard, dark blue color. Soft light blue would not interfere with it.
  • The mod chat is a hard, dark blue color. Soft light blue would not interfere with it.

I suppose so!

I do not intend on using the Whisper feature anyway :p
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator

-remove the "(WHISPER)" text that appears before each whisper. The color should be enough to tell its a whisper.

That would need to stay, for many reasons.
    Want one example why? Colorblind users.
  • gdog said:

Not only that, imagine all the whispers the mods would get after they /blue.... That would be very distracting and would get a bit irritating after a while.