New Whisper...

Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
Do I hate or love them? I hate them.

Why do I hate them?

They're taking communication out the game! I cannot go to anyone now without it being full on Whisper conversations. This is a strong MMO with an amazing community who love to talk, these Whisper are slapping communication is the face!

Do you hate Whispers? Yes? No?

Comments

• edited May 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I don't, they're very popular, EVERYONE is using them...
  • justmegjustmeg Member
    edited May 2016
    The reason why everyone is whispering and not talking is because its a new feature in the game. Give it time and the communication will be back to normal again.

I think this is a really handy feature, you can use it when you're making deals with people when you're in a crowded realm, and advertising items in another player's realm would be rude. It would also lessen chat spam.
    Get ready for Whisper spamming Meg, it'll happen sooner or later.
  • pysinopysino WA Australia Member
    What would be good is: only 1 person can pm you in the realm/room
    Or like a 30 seconds timer in between Whispers.
  • edited May 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • justmegjustmeg Member

Get ready for Whisper spamming Meg, it'll happen sooner or later.

It'll also die down sooner or later :p

And besides, I know this doesn't apply to all, but I know some people don't like it when other players (including me) speak a different language while they're in the room because it comes off as rude. I can't argue with them, because it does come off as rude. But sometimes we can't help but speak in our mother tongue, bc english is just too hard xD So yeah, hopefully this new whisper system will solve the problem ^^
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    Wurfy said:

This is still a new feature, give it time first.
    It will settle down in a couple of days, And Meg is right.. It's like a new item, It goes at a high value at start, and ends up lowering in value.

Wigs in a nutshell.

• The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    *cough* says the guy who hollad "This is the best update in CC :D" Or something like dat xD I couldn't take a picture of it o3o
    (like what I always do sometimes)
    You saw nothing!
  • SeiichiSeiichi Anime WorldMember
    Oh No Accidentallty I Clicked Yes NUUUU I Love it XD
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    edited May 2016
    I love it :3
    Edited: I got your point. Still love it
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember

You saw nothing!

I ain't blind! >:D XD
    Since almost...Umm *cough* 1k people saw the holla xD
  • The other option, we talked about, to lower the number of whispers.... Is to charge for them like hollas- but much, much cheaper of course!
  • By the way, this wasn't supposed to get out yet. They're most definitely changing today, as SirKewberth mentioned.
    edited May 2016
    What did Kewberth mention? How they getting changed? :o

Never mind saw his post.
  • The format will be a little less clumsy... Instead of having a separate box for the message, it will work just like a holla ie:
    whisper Hey Mr. Penguin, did you see that awesome GoT maze realm?
    edited May 2016
    Only you & I would see this Whisper and of course mods?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    CosmicCow said:

The other option, we talked about, to lower the number of whispers.... Is to charge for them like hollas- but much, much cheaper of course!

Pls no paywhispers °~°
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    I Don't think whispers should be paid for, to me, there is no difference between being spammed with whispers, and being spammed in the normal chat. It all shows up the same way, and it all vanishes after like 20 seconds.
  • As I just said in-game... We're leaving it free for now, but we'll keep an eye on it to see how it affects overall interaction of players. We're a social game after all :)
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    Well whispering takes a lot of extra clicking xD and people tend to be lazy :v so I'm sure whisper traffic will decrease after some time
  • I know nothing about this whisper as I have yet to log onto the game. I dont think it will have a huge social impact especially if it requires a command to be put in. It is just currently a fad like anything else that is new. Much like how mailboxes have essentially died in popularity, now the wigs are fading away with fewer and fewer wearing them. I think if whispers were a paid option it be a terrible move and reflect poorly on Cosmic as a whole. Certain features like being able to communicate privately should be available to the masses. Not all my friends are steam users and sometimes I need to conversate privately to people Hinter being an example when we are discussing future builds that are going to be a surprise until done.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

Why do I hate them?

They're taking communication out the game! I cannot go to anyone now without it being full on Whisper conversations. This is a strong MMO with an amazing community who love to talk, these Whisper are slapping communication is the face!

What i read from this :P

I'm sure people will start talking to you again soon.
    Don't see it as an game issue tho lol jk :P
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    CosmicCow said:

As I just said in-game... We're leaving it free for now, but we'll keep an eye on it to see how it affects overall interaction of players. We're a social game after all :)

At that point if they ever became buyable I'd rather just take it to a private/locked room than spend cubits towards them.
    More of an effort, yes. But It'd be free.

•   Angel  Angel Leedle LandGame Moderator
    gdog said:

Why do I hate them?

ROFL sry but I laughed too hard from that vid post! XDD
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    As I said before, I would like a way to turn off whispers. Or a way to block a certain player from sending you whispers because of spam, cursing, etc.
  • gdog said:

Why do I hate them?

Someone here likes Jim Carrey.

I'm one of his biggest fans from Dumb and Dumber :P

and To Mr Pengu out there...

I love Whispers,

well If I wanna speak privately with someone, I can now without leaving the realm to a secluded place.
  • CroubictCroubict Member
    edited May 2016
    Whisper was very helpful! With Whisper, I do not need to go to the realm of quiet to talk to my friend about the "Secret" !!! :D