Full guide on holla

CD87CD87 Member
edited June 2016 in Community
Some of my friends encourages me to make another guide. I was trying to make a guide about recube, but It would cost a lot. Also, people are wasting lots of hollas everyday!

Example screenshots will be updated soon once I get the prize from the clan race! Or if you have any screenshots that can be used as examples, send it through a PM

Section 1: Basic information!

1) What's a holla?

Holla is a tool that can broadcast any messages from you to every players that is currently online in Cubic Castles. A hollawarp is a holla with a teleport link that will teleport you to his/her location (To warp anchor or where he/she is standing)

Hollas can be obtained in Holla Pack (For 2000 cubits) That pack contains 4 hollas.

Important: In the game, you cannot type over 140 characters (Including spaces and symbols) in the chat bar.

-> You have a max of 134 charaters for a holla message, and 130 characters for a hollawarp message.

2) How to use it?

If you're new to holla, then this is a must-read.

To broadcast a holla message, put holla before your text:

Example: holla Everything you're about to see from me is not real, and don't click the hollawarp!

ex1

You'll get this:

ex2

To broadcast a hollawarp message, put hollawarp before your text:

Example: hollawarp Sell Easter Umbrella for 1 cubit!

ex3

You'll have this:

ex4

And this is the result from a hollawarp:

ex5

-> Do it at your own risk!

3) Basic mistakes

+ Forgot to put hollawarp, instead of holla

Solution: Check carefully before sending the message

+Type the wrong information

Solution: Check carefully before sending the message

+Accidentally use the holla

Solution: Put a space in front of EVERY sentence you say.

This might be hard to you at first, but if this become familiar to you, you won't have to worry about your hollas again!

Section 2: Use holla in a smart way!

Based on the purposes of the person who sends the holla, it can be divided into 3 main types:

1) Normal holla

Everything from sending a message to your friend who is in a private room, expressing your feeling, answering something to helping someone about something is classified as "Normal holla".

Here're some useful tips for you:

Use a hollawarp

Are you working in your shop? Want to have many people in your game realm while you can still broadcast your message? Use a hollawarp instead!

Extra tip: Giving extra information about the hollawarp could make more people come!

Example:
hollawarp I'm bored! (Also shop here with Easter Umbrella for 1c)

Avoid bad words and mature contents

Just remember, EVERYONE can read your message. Don't harm kids with those words! They are our future...

Fact: Swearing/Putting mature contents in hollas could result in an instant mute, or even a ban! (Of course, you'll be "awarded" with a warning point as well)

2) Business hollas

"I buy this for xxx c"
"I sell this for that"
"Shop here"

They are put in "Business" group. The main point is to let everyone know that he/she is buying/selling something. Thus, giving better chances for that item to be bought/sold.

Most hollas in this type are hollawarps.

Here're the tips:

Putting as much contents in the hollawarp as possible

With 130 characters, you can let people know much more!

Example:

A) hollawarp Shop here! -> 20/140 characters (Including the word "hollawarp")

B) hollawarp Shop here! Easter Umbrella for 1 cubit! Halo for 2 cubits! Robe for 10000 cubits each! Go bumper and finish line bumper for 800 cubits -> 140/140 characters

Use common acronyms, short words and remove unnecessary words.

Look at example B and compare it with example C and D

C) hollawarp Shop here! Umbrella for 1, halo for 2, robe for 10k, race set for 800 -> 79/140 characters

D) hollawarp Shop! Umbrella 1c, halo 2c, robe 10k, race set 800c -> 60/140 characters

Note: The shorter the message is, the harder it is to understand.

Common acronyms:
+C: Cubits
+K: One thousand (1K = 1000c)
+M: One million (1M = 1000K = 1000000c) (Rarely use)

You know more? Post it here!

3) Event hollas

Starting a parkour race, inviting people to try your new maze, hosting a giveaway,.... They are called "Event hollas"

Anyway, here are the tips:

Add informations about prizes

People love prizes, the bigger it is, the more people it attracts

Tip: The word "Upto" is very useful.

Example:

A) hollawarp Come and try The Blue Course 2!

B) hollawarp Come and try The Blue Course 2! Prizes worth upto 10000 cubits (Tree costume)

Definately, if those 2 were real, you would go to example B instead of A right?

Don't host illegal events

Payaways are considered illegal events, as 99% of them are scam tricks.

Fact: A moderator can turn into anyone, so they might come and check secretly. if it's a real scam, you'll be put in jail with a warning point.

Section 3: Community tips

1) Do NOT use the holla(warp) feature to report a player
"Hollawarp Hey everyone! (Name) is a scammer! He/she scammed me, please report him/her!"

If a moderator sees this, they will automatically make a broadcast to NOT use the holla feature to report a player, but to report them by using the Report Abuse button on the Menu. Don't waste your holla(s) to report a player.

2) Speak English and improve your English skill!

+Why should we speak English?

English is an international language. Speaking English will make most people understand what you want to say/express

+Why do you need to improve your English skill?

You will have a larger vocabulary bank, better grammar and so on

3) Don't do 2 hollawarps at the same time - same place
It can make your realm full, thus preventing any later potential players, and waste 1 holla

4) (Coming soon)

PS: Question 3 in the poll is just for fun :)
PPS: Wasted 2000c in this thread, but it was fun :D

Comments

• HellesHelles Member
    edited May 2016
    TL;DR ^_^
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    Wurfino said:

Do not use Holla/Hollawarps to report a player
    Do not use the holla(warp) feature to report a player
    "Hollawarp Hey everyone! (Name) is a scammer! He/she scammed me, please report him/her!"

If a moderator sees this, they will automatically make a broadcast to NOT use the holla feature to report a player, And to report them by using the Report Abuse button on the Menu. Don't waste your hollas to report a player.

Anyways, once again.. a nice guide, CD87!
    Great job ;)
    Tip added, and thanks :D
  • SeiichiSeiichi Anime WorldMember
    Nicee this Good For New Qbees If they get Holla
  • Wow, this really helped! Thanks, CD87!
  • Maybe change 'letters' to 'characters'? It's just the more correct term :P great guide for newbies, +1 :D
  • Very usefull
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited May 2016
    Wurfy said:

Anyways, once again.. a nice guide, CD87!
    Great job ;)

Naegi Kun said:

Nicee this Good For New Qbees If they get Holla

Croubict said:

Wow, this really helped! Thanks, CD87!

Maybe change 'letters' to 'characters'? It's just the more correct term :P great guide for newbies, +1 :D

Very usefull

Thank you all :D
    Thread updated.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Such an amazing guide CD :)
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited June 2016
    Bump!
    #cantletthisthreaddiesince

Update: Please move this thread to Community section (I think it's the best forum section for this topic)
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember
    I think No. 3.) Should be : Use familly friendly language/Dont Use swearwords in holla
  • CD87CD87 Member

I think No. 3.) Should be : Use familly friendly language/Dont Use swearwords in holla

It was mentioned in section 2-1

And, I added some more tips!
  • nice guide
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    I think No. 4 Should be
    Don't talk using hollas with a Dude thats in the same room or not just to talk with people or You'll waste your Holla :D