Raffle Box Players Name

TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
So the thread that brought up the scammers trying to steal our Tokens was closed. So tell us just what 'dealt with' actually means. We need to know what CC is doing to protect us and the criminal element needs to know how harsh the penalties are so they won't repeat scamming us. We deserve to know what 'dealt with' means and not just close a thread.

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited May 2016
    It's always much easier for people to come up with new ways to act like jerks in the game and try to trick people, than it is for us to code new protections and safeguards into the game to prevent what they came up with.

Every time we do make a change, the players who are looking to cheat change their methods. The players who get cheated are often just not careful. Finding a way to cheat people takes a minutes of thought. Implementing and rolling out new mechanics in a game can take months of work.

Some players were banned for this behavior, and may continue to be, but in the end players have to take some responsibility for protecting themselves. It will never be perfect.

Every online game deals with this. I just read some articles about major companies having to ban 1000s of players. A new MMO on steam recently had their who system taken down by bot players and they are struggling to correct the problems. These issues are not so easy to deal with both in terms of manpower and technology. If it was trivial the problems would not exist.

We are all victimized when people scam and cheat in the game. The development team needs to spend time fighting bad players instead of improving the game and adding new fun stuff. We do what we can, but at the end of the day everyone has to decide if they can't handle online play and the level of protection/anti-cheating a particular game is able to provide.
  • Just to add to what Kewberth said. We ban players every single day, very often not to just jail either- but permanently from the game. It's practically a full time job for Mabz.
  • It's always much easier for people to come up with new ways to act like jerks in the game and try to trick people, than it is for us to code new protections and safeguards into the game to prevent what they came up with.

Every time we do make a change, the players who are looking to cheat change their methods. The players who get cheated are often just not careful. Finding a way to cheat people takes a minutes of thought. Implementing and rolling out new mechanics in a game can take months of work.

Some players were banned for this behavior, and may continue to be, but in the end players have to take some responsibility for protecting themselves. It will never be perfect.

Every online game deals with this. I just read some articles about major companies having to ban 1000s of players. A new MMO on steam recently had their who system taken down by bot players and they are struggling to correct the problems. These issues are not so easy to deal with both in terms of manpower and technology. If it was trivial the problems would not exist.

We are all victimized when people scam and cheat in the game. The development team needs to spend time fighting bad players instead of improving the game and adding new fun stuff. We do what we can, but at the end of the day everyone has to decide if they can't handle online play and the level of protection/anti-cheating a particular game is able to provide.

Very well put argument kewberth I'm with you 1000% of the way I hate how players just can't take the time and patience to earn things theirselfves and play the game right. Simply put:if you don't feel like having the time and patience to earn items, either delete the game or try to put aside the time to try the game yourself and earn items take this from a level 29 player I started out as a noob but then I started earning lots of items, not by scamming but by taking the time to do things like selling my hats and or earning cubits instead of "hacking"(giving away you account without even knowing you did) . From there you can just do trades with others to get even more stuff, thus bringing up my point if you do all this you'll one day have rates like me for example a epic Greek Orthodox crown, or bunny pjs, or a press hat, or halos, what I'm trying to say is don't mess with the games system it might harm said company's business and cause them to have to shut it down and try to repair it don't go breaking the game by hacking your only affecting yourself by doing this @CosmicCow @SirKewberth @mabz all work hard to try and prevent this and sometimes it's hard for them to when you all are constantly scamming others thus making the scammed people email support(which is basically managed by @mabz giving him or her(not good at gender identifying sorry) giving Mabz even more work to do trying to explain that they can't help with scams. Can't we all not just get along with each other and make cubic castles a peaceful, scam free game where everyone take the time and patience to earn stuff by thereselfs instead of scamming others with things like drop games or standing on the box or pick a block or pj switch and pet switch and register scams. Is it too much for you all to try that that's all we want, for everyone to just take some time to actually earn items without stealing them from others. In conclusion I think if we all took the time and patience to earn stuff this game would be better(despite it already being better:)

yours truly, pickles2001