Single Player Adventure.

Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
I have a question.

"Upon resuming, the adventure will still not be available. We plan to roll it out slowly over the following couple weeks while we iron out any issues that arise."

When you say this, you mean we have to wait for the whole thing or you'll bring it out section by section?

Comments

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I think it means it's gonna be similar to the quests. When the quests first came out, they came in three separate updates over the course of the year.
    So they'll probably put out the first part, and then add new parts every so often.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited May 2016
    They will be moving the realm and its contents over to the live server. Once they add it, they will test it and make further adjustments and continue to do so as they slowly make it available.

But as to how much will be available and when. That is a question.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    BJDware said:

They will be moving the realm and its contents over to the live server. Once they add it, they will test it and make further adjustments and continue to do so as they slowly make it available.

But as to how much will be available and when. That is a question.

Thanks for clearing it up.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We plan to release it first on win32, then steam.. slowly over next week or two, depending how the testing goes. It will still be considered "beta" at that point. We will then move it onto mobile platforms.

The reason we aren't releasing it right away with the server restart is because there's 2 things we're testing. 1st we're testing that all the changes we made to the server to support the adventure don't break the regular day to day gameplay that has nothing to do with adventure mode. So that's why we'll restart and wait before letting people into adventure mode. To make sure we didnt break anything adding new features. If that's ok we'll start to make the adventure available.

I stress that the adventure is mostly for new players, though I'm sure older players can still have fun with it.

What we will also do... probably later this month depending on how the rollout goes, is make some of the things from Adventure mode available in the store. Things like new mobs/blocks etc... Many of the new blocks that are in adventure mode we already made available though. Things like house lamps and metal ladders etc.. were things we added building the adventure that made their way into the regular game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We plan to release it first on win32, then steam.. slowly over next week or two, depending how the testing goes. It will still be considered "beta" at that point. We will then move it onto mobile platforms.

The reason we aren't releasing it right away with the server restart is because there's 2 things we're testing. 1st we're testing that all the changes we made to the server to support the adventure don't break the regular day to day gameplay that has nothing to do with adventure mode. So that's why we'll restart and wait before letting people into adventure mode. To make sure we didnt break anything adding new features. If that's ok we'll start to make the adventure available.

I stress that the adventure is mostly for new players, though I'm sure older players can still have fun with it.

What we will also do... probably later this month depending on how the rollout goes, is make some of the things from Adventure mode available in the store. Things like new mobs/blocks etc... Many of the new blocks that are in adventure mode we already made available though. Things like house lamps and metal ladders etc.. were things we added building the adventure that made their way into the regular game.

:o so amazing
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited May 2016

We plan to release it first on win32, then steam.. slowly over next week or two, depending how the testing goes. It will still be considered "beta" at that point. We will then move it onto mobile platforms.

@Gdog, keep my posted. XD

• We plan to release it first on win32, then steam.. slowly over next week or two, depending how the testing goes. It will still be considered "beta" at that point. We will then move it onto mobile platforms.

Do we have to pay in cubits to do adventure mode such as like the Quest Pack?
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember

You don't have to pay.
    It's a tutorial for newbies. :)
  • Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    When will it be released? @SirKewberth or do you not have a date?

You don't have to pay.
    It's a tutorial for newbies. :)
    Thank.
    Goodness.
  • Ome ROme R Member
    Still thinking what single player adventure is xD
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    remo-z said:

Still thinking what single player adventure is xD

It's an upgraded tutorial for new players.
  • i dont know how it is but i am very interested on it