Realm decay??

Hello there,

I have this question regarding the Realm deed's continuously switching back to my inventory.
Once placed in the overworld, it will decay in about a day..

However, Cubic Castles Wikia states;

1. Once a starter realm reaches 250 blocks placed, it will then stay in over-world as long as the owner goes back into it once per 24 hours. If not, back to inventory it goes.

2. Once any realm reaches 3000 blocks placed, that period increases to 6 days.

3. Beyond 10k blocks placed, it goes to 3 months.

Changing the skin of the castle doubles the above times.

We're talking about realms with about 4000 blocks here and I log in every day. So it should never decay.
Friends of mine also experience this issue.

Although I'm not sure, this may be due to a glitch or bug.

Comments

• SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    It is slightly buggy as the same happens to me, I believe when the server gets restarted (for updates/ bug fixes) this also has an impact on decaying realms.
  • xNexyxNexy NLMember
    Thanks for the quick response!
  • It's a bug and I've experienced it too sometimes, especially with my realms in Eden and Aspen.
    Though you should also check who can visit your realm in the realm setup. Setting your realm to "Friends only" or "Only me" makes it decay faster.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    That's odd. When one of the update came my realm was removed from it s spot. I spent the next hour camping for my spot back. A realm with only 300 builds with it locked stayed there for much longer than when I lock my realm.
  • I happen to have a realm with 9k blocks built. I visit it very often, but always decay
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    My realms are decay fast as well.
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    edited February 2016

That's odd. When one of the update came my realm was removed from it s spot. I spent the next hour camping for my spot back. A realm with only 300 builds with it locked stayed there for much longer than when I lock my realm.

That happens pretty often when the server goes down. As for locked realms, it decays within 5 minutes while you're logged off.

I'm not sure, but I think realm decay also was set to a shorter time since some realms stayed in place for too long, even when their owners were inactive for quite a while; which was causing overworlds to be all full of realms and barely any spots to place a realm in. Best way to keep it in place for a longer time is to visit it often, build more and to not log off with your realm being locked.

Not sure what time is for each kind of realm now, but I know for 3k blocks it's about 2 days, not 6; as one of my realms, which has only 3k blocks in it's main part, decays every 2 days.
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    Siddd said:

It is slightly buggy as the same happens to me, I believe when the server gets restarted (for updates/ bug fixes) this also has an impact on decaying realms.

Yeah same happen to me in Aspen. Almost each 1-2 days my realms decayed. So I moved to Spyre. No more issues :)