I'm disappointed to see so many players pranking/bullying other players in game. Its not ok

First - let me say this is not for all who read this. Those its meant for will know it. And i ask those its meant for to simply read and think.
I've seen it so many times this past week i feel the need to bring it to everyone's attention!
Its bad enough so many holla give-away when they are doin a payaway. But the same folks who yell scam when they see this are the same ones i now see holla for give-away when there is none. Or holla for a rare item being sold for cheap, only to lock players in a box and call them names, such as noob and greedy.
This is wrong!
Do not forget many players on CC are young, and many are new and don't know the value of items yet.
You, who were once a 'noob' and knew nothing find it ok to pick on someone who is now where you once were?
Why is this ok?
I do not like how much bullying im seeing.
Its not nice to get picked on, or made fun of, or be told someone is doing something nice like a giveaway to find none. Or to be called greedy for warping to a give-away.
I do giveaways once a week, and both new and high level players show up. I do this because it makes me happy and i enjoy helping qbees, both new and old.
If its ok for you to go to give-aways then do NOT pick on others for it!!!
If its ok for you to find cheap items to sell at normal value or keep, do NOT pick on others for it!!
Im very disappointed in those of you i see doing this behavior.
Bullying is NEVER ok!!!!
Let's be mature and treat each other with respect please, teach these young ones its important to do that!
And to those of you who do not bully, or pick, but help and show kindness thank you.
Our actions make a difference in how everyone on this game acts.
And i would hope to see more qbees showing respect to each other.
Thanks for listening.
My apologies if a MOD or Admin thinks i should report this or the people i see involved, but id rather talk like a mature person and bring awareness to the situation, giving ppl a chance to better themselves first.

Comments

• Well said, this needs to be known by everyone.
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited April 2016
    Unfortunately, when it comes to the internet, "bullying" is something you just have to brace yourself for. Especially on MMO's and other games.

Scary part is age isn't always to blame either.
    Adults can be just as cruel as kids, and sometimes even worse.

One can say a lot from behind a screen, but I will say using a screen as your "shield" is a pretty weak defense.

"Try not to let rude comments get you down though. I mean, it's the internet.
    Odds are you will never meet this/these person/people in real life;
    Words are weak. They can't hurt you unless you let those words get to you."
  • Not to burst your bubble, but the people who do this will most likely never read this. They don't use forums.
    And the ones who do use forums won't feel moved. They're already used to verbal backlash and find it to be another source of entertainment.
  • Jared GraceJared Grace Member
    edited April 2016

Not to burst your bubble, but the people who do this will most likely never read this. They don't use forums.
    And the ones who do use forums won't feel moved. They're already used to verbal backlash and find it to be another source of entertainment.

I've seen plenty of players on the forums who have done this. Some of which have been to Cubic Jail, but I don't think they even care either. As for bullying, if you're being harassed by another player always report it immediately. I believe cases like that have a higher priority. I completely agree with some of the comments above though.
  • Yes. Keep in mind there are absolutely NO noobs in Cubic Castles. We are all important and amazing. :) Payaways are just.....I don't even know who started this whole payaway thing, but it's ridiculous. 1) Half of them are scams 2) You're probably giving more cubits than what the prize is actually worth 3) You lose cubits since others may take the prize first 4) It's not a giveaway!
    P.S. I agree with you completely there Mary. There ARE different ages out there, and putting bad influences on younger ones is risky. Personally, Cubic Castles changed my life a lot, and taught me many things. :) (Ok am I getting off topic?) that's all I have to say! C:
  • CD87CD87 Member
    MaryMoon said:

First - let me say this is not for all who read this. Those its meant for will know it. And i ask those its meant for to simply read and think.
    I've seen it so many times this past week i feel the need to bring it to everyone's attention!
    Its bad enough so many holla give-away when they are doing a payaway. But the same folks who yell scam when they see this are the same ones i now see holla for give-away when there is none. Nothing to say here

Or holla for a rare item being sold for cheap, only to lock players in a box and call them names, such as noob and greedy. They are rude about that, but there's a reason: if you didn't have what they needed, why would you click the hollawarp?

This is wrong!
    Do not forget many players on CC are young, and many are new and don't know the value of items yet.
    You, who were once a 'noob' and knew nothing find it ok to pick on someone who is now where you once were? Most players just can't accept this, although it's 100% true

Why is this ok?
    I do not like how much bullying im seeing.
    Its not nice to get picked on, or made fun of, or be told someone is doing something nice like a giveaway to find none. Or to be called greedy for warping to a give-away.
    I do giveaways once a week, and both new and high level players show up. I do this because it makes me happy and i enjoy helping qbees, both new and old. That's very nice of you!

If its ok for you to go to give-aways then do NOT pick on others for it!!!
    If its ok for you to find cheap items to sell at normal value or keep, do NOT pick on others for it!!
    Im very disappointed in those of you i see doing this behavior.
    Bullying is NEVER ok!!!!
    Let's be mature and treat each other with respect please, teach these young ones its important to do that!
    And to those of you who do not bully, or pick, but help and show kindness thank you.
    Our actions make a difference in how everyone on this game acts.
    And i would hope to see more qbees showing respect to each other.
    Thanks for listening.

+1 for such a great post from you. But sadly:

1) They don't use forum
    2) This is just a joke to them, as they feel
    3) They don't even care about it

Bullying is something you can't avoid in life , not even in-game. The only way to avoid it is to be stronger and better than them.
  • I've experienced bullying before, and I've also noticed those who bully are those who are insecure, that they want you to feel their pain and they want you to help them. But they won't be able to help themselves because they just don't care. 1 thing is, There was a bully who used forums, he bullied me and said that I was too weak, that I'm just a burden to my clan. Well, I got him banned because of it. If you want to stop bullying, fight back, but don't forget to be kind. God allowed this for us to be stronger.

Back to the topic, There is nothing we can do but speak and act. We can't force someone to do something. There are payaways that are honest, and theree payaways that are scams. And Honestly, It's sad that people are just too immature and too sad to help themselves. It's hard to live, I just hope these people are okay for their personal reasons. But if there are people who do bullying for fun, I'm going to kick them to hell. Anyways, long story short, They try to distance themselves away from reality.
  • *MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
    edited April 2016
    My only extra comment i need to add here, is that sadly some of those i have seen engaging in bullying are in fact on the forums, some of which i never thought id see do this. As for payaways labeled as giveaways, it was just an example as to how they dont like to be unfairly treated themselves. Simply an example, nothing more. We all know how those go. Lols.
    And truly - i am so surprised and glad to see this discussion was well received by so many. I wasn't sure it would be.
    ------> So this is me attempting to help the bullied by standing up and saying its not right. And to help those bullying, by doing a kinder act of trying to help those who may not realize what they are doing, or even those who do, to maybe change and be a little kinder by realizing the implications of their actions.
    Thank you all for reading and receiving this well!!!
    Keep being awesome!
  • "When there's a light, there's a darkness in other side". That's what we called life, when you're doing something nice to someone, there's someone who doing bad things, and about bullied qbee... let it happen, cause they should learn something about it. Back then I had bullied for 6 years and I've learned something.... and you only can do something to prevent it not eliminate it...
  • agree . pls dont bully noobs T___T ahahaha
  • TarteTarte Member
    To stop a bully you must be the bully so it doesnt go well ethier way. But Bullying MOST stop even in cubic castles.
  • lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    Becoming a bully means getting on their level, and that's kind of low. You can stop a bully by using more peaceful tactics, but just by saying "let's stop bullying" won't do anything. The most effective way is to reach out and spread awareness, but unfortunately there's a lot of people who don't use the forums frequently/are not even aware that it exists
  • Most of the people who are using fowl language and trying to bully others are most likely looking for attention, but using the wrong ways to get it. When I have met people in real life/in-game that go around calling other people names, and try to be rude and annoying, I usually discover that they have family problems, and in reality have a very low self-esteem. I completely agree that we should try to stop bullying, but just remember, those bullying are trying to show the world what they can accomplish and that they're worth something... Sadly they have their intentions a bit backwards. I'm not defending anyone that's bullying and I disagree with it completely. But there are people I've met in real life and on the game that try to change their behaviors after I get to know them and show them there are people that do care for them, It requires a large amount of patience and what they call "tough love." And always remember that there is someone behind that screen reading every word you say... Good day to all! :3
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I think those people are just lame noobs themself that has nothing to do in their lives, it is just rude to bully people like that but sadly there is not much to do against it (°~°)
  • I hate these types of people. For an example, *Exotic12* sent a hollawarp saying "Drama". This was in my realm, The Realm Of Awesome (capital O in Of) when i was talking about people being really mean and rude. Please, if you could mods and admins, mute or ban him for some time.
  • 1/2 comments: "Mary you're such a good person! What a beautiful message you're sending"

1/2 comments: "But like... life tho"
  • HellesHelles Member
    Kill them with kindness.
  • Not to burst your bubble, but the people who do this will most likely never read this. They don't use forums.

I've seen plenty of players on the forums who have done this. Some of which have been to Cubic Jail, but I don't think they even care either. As for bullying, if you're being harassed by another player always report it immediately. I believe cases like that have a higher priority. I completely agree with some of the comments above though.
    sorry guys but how can 'you go to cubic jail? i mean i go there randomly but can u get sent there?
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator

Not to burst your bubble, but the people who do this will most likely never read this. They don't use forums.

sorry guys but how can 'you go to cubic jail? i mean i go there randomly but can u get sent there?
    By getting caught breaking the rules and being banned, you can be sent there.
    It's not as fun as visiting there yourself, as you cannot exit the realm by any means until the ban duration is over. However, a perm ban will not allow you to log in at all.
  • There always will be the 'bully' or etc guy in any community. This how game community works and no one can stop it.

• #Elfie#Elfie Member
    I hope this gets spread around..... But then at the same time, tbh, people can be a bit greedy when it comes to ppl quitting... The reason why that person was quitting was cuz s/he was bullied/scammed/hacked, etc. Then all of a sudden someone comes up and is like "Give us ur outfit" or "Give us perms and ur account!"... Thats when I get frustrated and tell them to stop bein greedy because, they shouldnt be acting like that, everyday atleast one person quits, they should be sad tbh! But instead all they want are hats so I want this all to change ;-;
  • I've experienced bullying before, and I've also noticed those who bully are those who are insecure, that they want you to feel their pain and they want you to help them. But they won't be able to help themselves because they just don't care. 1 thing is, There was a bully who used forums, he bullied me and said that I was too weak, that I'm just a burden to my clan. Well, I got him banned because of it. If you want to stop bullying, fight back, but don't forget to be kind. God allowed this for us to be stronger.

Back to the topic, There is nothing we can do but speak and act. We can't force someone to do something. There are payaways that are honest, and theree payaways that are scams. And Honestly, It's sad that people are just too immature and too sad to help themselves. It's hard to live, I just hope these people are okay for their personal reasons. But if there are people who do bullying for fun, I'm going to kick them to hell. Anyways, long story short, They try to distance themselves away from reality.

omg i was just typing the same thing but then i noticed you posted it >-< anyways i remember when i got scammed i was bullying on everyone who comes to my realm ( poor Hamza ._. it was just a cash register ) i remember the scammer paid something more then 350c if you know what i mean >cough< i got his cat <cough<
  • HinterHinter Member, Retired Moderator
    If you witness an incident of harassment or bullying or experience that, the best thing to do is take a screenshot of chat and PM it to any of us moderators on the forums. Without a screenshot of the chatlog, then it's somewhat hard to prove. Still report it though, as a trend of reports will show and also cause someone to generally look into the player.
  • For some people, pranking others is to mean they care, i actually take pity on them, if it's bad then
    Hinter said:

If you witness an incident of harassment or bullying or experience that, the best thing to do is take a screenshot of chat and PM it to any of us moderators on the forums. Without a screenshot of the chatlog, then it's somewhat hard to prove. Still report it though, as a trend of reports will show and also cause someone to generally look into the player.

This DOES aply
  • GlobbardGlobbard Member
    edited July 2016
    So this July 16, 4:50pm, a qbee has been saying bad words in a different dialect. I am a Filipino and he is saying Filipino curse words. Making it impossible for the game to see it if either it is bad or good. I really dont want to say the curse words, because it is so rude. He has no respect. He and his cousin both insulted me, and I do not appreciate it at all. It is a shame.