SO I just logged in for a minute to say hey and

Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
I just seen sometimes that grinds my gears...

Not a damn thing is done about someone I reported for scamming, won't mute the person who's hosting payaway scam, even with proof!
but..
Gives some poor kid a 2 hour mute for saying someone needs a "boyfriend" in holla (not a warning but a mute)

THIS IS WHY I QUIT, STUFF LIKE THIS SMH

Comments

• BeIfastBeIfast ChileMember
    edited April 2016
    The report button don't ban/mute immediately , just alert MODS about it . (is better take photo or send ticket)

If some MOD/ADMIN see the holla of someone wanting boyfriend/girlfriend the MOD/ADMIN need to do something because this is not a dating game .
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member

The report button don't ban/mute immediately , just alert MODS about it .

If some MOD/ADMIN see the holla of someone wanting boyfriend/girlfriend the MOD/ADMIN need to do something because this is not a dating game .

I understand that, but I reported that scammer directly to a moderator.

This game is not a dating game, but in my opinion that was a little harsh to give a mute for something so trivial. Children are silly and say/do silly things, that child wasn't trying to be malicious, rude or hurt anyone.
  • 719matmat719matmat Traveling through time and space (tping to friends)Member

This game is not a dating game, but in my opinion that was a little harsh to give a mute for something so trivial. Children are silly and say/do silly things, that child wasn't trying to be malicious, rude or hurt anyone.
    this is true. but its also wrong to do this.
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    edited April 2016
    True True Well Thats Life I Guess Speaking Inappropriate Is Worse Than Stealing Someones Things Or Money Sigh...
    But I Do See Some Mods Banning Scammers That Has Scammed So Many Qbees And Mods Do Try Their Best To Catch These Guys.
  • Sigh not much has changed about stuff like this i just wish that people like that would get a different punishment that would last a while caus ei mean one day of a mute isnt enought apparently for scammers to learn because as soon as the ban/mute ends theyre back to scamming people and its just not helping at all tbh they need a longer punishment so can can learn theyre lesson and never scam again
    719matmat said:

this is true. but its also wrong to do this.
    Yakroo said:

True True Well Thats Life I Guess Speaking Inappropriate Is Worst Than Stealing Someones Things Or Money Sigh...

Sigh not much has changed about stuff like this i just wish that people like that would get a different punishment that would last a while caus ei mean one day of a mute isnt enought apparently for scammers to learn because as soon as the ban/mute ends theyre back to scamming people and its just not helping at all tbh they need a longer punishment so can can learn theyre lesson and never scam again

Hey everyone, thank you for your opinions and I agree. I've missed everyone.

edited April 2016

I think that moderator was bad in do nothing .

What pass if someone see that holla and take it serious ? or is a pedophile ? i think mute is a good thing with this cases , only for try don't continue with this kind of things .
    edited April 2016

What pass if someone see that holla and take it serious ? or is a pedofile ? i think mute is a good thing with this cases , only for try don't continue with this kind of things .

U Mean There Are Pedophiles In The Game??? :O
  • Greetings,
    I am sorry your reports, weren't resolved, moderators are very busy at work. Sometimes action will be taken and sometimes they won't take action. Not every report can be investigated in a timely manner. Children are to do and say silly things, there is no block for the holla system, I know dating isn't allowed.
    With Regards, Geo.
    ------------
    Member since 2015
    Member, Familiar.
    Yakroo said:

What pass if someone see that holla and take it serious ? or is a pedofile ? i think mute is a good thing with this cases , only for try don't continue with this kind of things .

Who know's
  • lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    edited April 2016
    Moderators had their instant ban command taken away because the community claimed they were being too harsh. Now there is a system where if a player gets enough warnings they can get a ban. Moderators were specifically told to back off of payaways/scams (in a nicer way, of course) for various reasons I would love to remember but currently cannot recall (and would stir up some controversy)

Have you ever told a child to "stop" and expect them to actually stop? For me it never works. Trust me; I tutor a 1st grader. You have to actually take action; if you break the rules this will happen, regardless of age. A mute is a slap of the wrist compared to other methods that could be used in that particular situation. Also hollas are public, and if punishment is not made it would make it seem like it's okay to do it when it's not.

If you want to quit it's your decision and I acknowledge it; I've seen your acts of generosity towards the community from time to time.
  • 719matmat719matmat Traveling through time and space (tping to friends)Member

Yakroo said:

Who know's
    pffffft, no!! totally, theres not gonna be a single pedophile in a KIDS game, no...
    (lovin the new quotes, lets see how far we can make it
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember

Not a damn thing is done about someone I reported for scamming, won't mute the person who's hosting payaway scam, even with proof!
    but..
    Gives some poor kid a 2 hour mute for saying someone needs a "boyfriend" in holla (not a warning but a mute)

Yeah this really gets to me too. As much as I love this game, the support system is SOOOO flawed.

I was hacked a long time ago, and more recently, the person who did it actually admitted this. He confessed to hacking and stealing my krampus, as well as to hacking other players. I got a screenshot, and asked a moderator if action could be taken if I send it to support.

Their response: "Mods can't ban someone's IP. Only admins can."
    So I asked if an admin could ban him if I send the screenshot.

"No. They can only be banned if they are caught."
    The hacker CONFESSED! I caught it on CAMERA! And no action can be taken.

But someone can get a warning for a false, and quite unproven and uncaught, accusation of harassment.

Thank you for pretending to care, support!
    Can help with this , staff ? @SirKewberth @CosmicCow @Horus
  • lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    719matmat said:

Yakroo said:

Who know's
    pffffft, no!! totally, theres not gonna be a single pedophile in a KIDS game, no...
    (lovin the new quotes, lets see how far we can make it
    If you're being sarcastic can you make it more clear? Thanks.

If you aren't... ( /).-) :

This is NOT a kid's game, although the majority of the population may consist of children. And you never know the real person behind the player; it's easy to tell a lie through games like these, so don't trust everyone you come in contact with.
  • Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    Nobody can help with the payaways, frankly i don't know how thoes started but they just did. I know you quit, Athena, your kindness was nice, it was good having ya stick around but things like payaways can't be helped. As the dating in game yes that's not tolerated and they will get in trouble for it. It's just the community, you can't help it.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited April 2016
    lunarisci said:

Moderators had their instant ban command taken away because the community claimed they were being too harsh. Now there is a system where if a player gets enough warnings they can get a ban. Moderators were specifically told to back off of payaways/scams (in a nicer way, of course) for various reasons I would love to remember but currently cannot recall (and would stir up some controversy)

Have you ever told a child to "stop" and expect them to actually stop? For me it never works. Trust me; I tutor a 1st grader. You have to actually take action; if you break the rules this will happen, regardless of age. A mute is a slap of the wrist compared to other methods that could be used in that particular situation. Also hollas are public, and if punishment is not made it would make it seem like it's okay to do it when it's not.

If you want to quit it's your decision and I acknowledge it; I've seen your acts of generosity towards the community from time to time.

Exactly this.
    There are many systems in the game to trade safely so players don't get scammed.
    One of the main focuses now is to raise awareness of how not to get scammed.
    There is only so much we can do. If players decide to pay up front for a game or a payaway etc. then that is their choice to make.

but..

Yeah this really gets to me too. As much as I love this game, the support system is SOOOO flawed.

I was hacked a long time ago, and more recently, the person who did it actually admitted this. He confessed to hacking and stealing my krampus, as well as to hacking other players. I got a screenshot, and asked a moderator if action could be taken if I send it to support.

But someone can get a warning for a false, and quite unproven and uncaught, accusation of harassment.

Just because someone says they hacked you doesn't mean it true.
    Everything is saved server side. So to hack your account/game they would need to hack the cosmic cow servers, which is near impossible.
    The more likely truth here is you have a weak password or used an outside the game service to try and get cubits. Not accusing just stating realistic possibilities.
    The odd thing about your claim is that you still have your account. No hacker would ever return a players account. So this leads me to think it more of a giving perms to someone issue.

Lets also use Occam's razor here.
    If it was possible to hack peoples accounts. Then all the collectors and big spenders would have their realms emptied in hours.

But If A Player Hosts A Payaway With Rares And U See Theres Small Blocks Like (Tacks, Etc) Then That Is A Fake Payaway Of A Scammer Which Should Be Taken Care Off...
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Yakroo said:

But If A Player Hosts A Payaway With Rares And U See Theres Small Blocks Like (Tacks, Etc) Then That Is A Fake Payaway Of A Scammer Which Should Be Taken Care Off...

There are no real payaways. I hate that word to be honest. Payaway = Paid Giveaway.
    Those words don't make sense being mixed together. Its not a giveaway if you have to pay.

Then Bleep The Word Payaway...
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    edited April 2016
    gdog said:

lunarisci said:

Exactly this.
    There are many systems in the game to trade safely so players don't get scammed.
    One of the main focuses now is to raise awareness of how not to get scammed.
    There is only so much we can do. If players decide to pay up front for a game or a payaway etc. then that is their choice to make.

but..

Just because someone says they hacked you doesn't mean it true.
    Everything is saved server side. So to hack your account/game they would need to hack the cosmic cow servers, which is near impossible.
    The more likely truth here is you have a weak password or used an outside the game service to try and get cubits. Not accusing just stating realistic possibilities.
    The odd thing about your claim is that you still have your account. No hacker would ever return a players account. So this leads me to think it more of a giving perms to someone issue.

Lets also use Occam's razor here.
    If it was possible to hack peoples accounts. Then all the collectors and big spenders would have their realms emptied in hours.

I still have my account because I cleaned the virus off my computer, and changed every password to every online thing I have ever made. It's not that they returned it, I took it back.

And just to be clear, I'm not bashing the mods. Most of the mods do their jobs and behave as they should.
    I am expressing my opinion about the support system in general. And pointing out that something should be done to change it.
  • Yakroo said:

Then Bleep The Word Payaway...

Most of the hollas I see either spell it wrong..or say giveaway...even though we all know it isn't.

Not trying to start anything, I was just giving some insight and my opinion on something that really upset me within the game. I love this game and the community, which is why I get so upset with the system. Nothing is perfect but there are many flaws that get swept under the rug in my opinion instead of directly dealt with in a fashionable manner.

My report that was unresolved was many moons ago. I was hurt by it, because I was told it would be resolved later when they were "not busy" with questing, but it may have been overlooked or forgotten about since nothing was done and the person I brought to their attention the very next day was scamming via payaway again. It hurts because I do care, and I feel bad for the naive children. It is also upsetting knowing there is nothing I could do about it because my cries fell on deaf ears.

What the player did, was wrong in a sence, I just think it was harsh because he was just being silly, and I don't think he would have said it if he knew he'd get in trouble. I see people get away with FAR WORST crimes that are hurtful and inappropriate. So to see someone not just warned but muted for something like that compared to what I've seen upset me.

Also, there are several players whom I know and some moderators who are/have dated in the game and it was never a big deal, granted they were not going around making it publicly know, but players still knew. I myself am dating someone that also plays this game and I was never warned or contacted about it being a problem? Is it because I buy cubits, or because it isn't an issue?

Anyways. I want to make it clear I am not trying to stir anything up, just giving my opinion as an adult on something I saw and how it bothered me. I miss you all and I hope you have a wonderful night.

We Miss U Too Athena,
    But I Think The Wrongness Of The Qbee Was The Holla "Finding A Boyfriend" Which Some Players See It Uncomfortable For A Holla And Some May Take Advantage And Just Fool The Qbee Who Hollaed, Thats Why Peeps Who Holla Weddings Is Ok Cuz Its Not That Inappropriate To People.
    Also Theres Nothing Wrong Of Relationships In Game Thats Why Theres A Valentine Update, Items That Are For Couples But Keep It Private Or Within Friends.
  • edited May 2016
    I have no words. Really.
    The lack of amount of scams, reports.
    I remember when uhhh. The reports overflow due to dumb reports or unreasonable.
    I remeber to report a scam, in report. You should put the realm, full realm name, username. So I guess a mod could investigate. Idk. But I think its slow. But thats okay. Theres not that much mods, a ton of them are never on or meh. And idk why mod permaban stuff were taken away. On my bad opinion, I liked that. But the warnings are uhh. Idk. Like. One warning, ban for a day. Then like. They go off doing bad things and not learning a lesson.
    I remeber I scammed the first time, reported myself to Nolana, but I crashed during my giving sequence, not giving her it, I was banned. I respected that. It was harsh for the victim to curse at me though, I remember I wouldnt be unbanned until I gave the item back. I wish all mods did that actually. I don't know if mods get respect, or get swormed by nubs asking for items, to be a mod, or friend them. Or just bunch up. I know it must be hard being a moderator with so much junk to do. If those swarming nubs were a mod, they would feel the pain, heck. Mode don't get payed. I usually keep myself quiet around moderators, my actions always lead me into mutes or bans.
  •   Angel  Angel Leedle LandGame Moderator
    Honestly, mods can only do so much in the game and technically, it isn't our duty to deal with scams. But, we do try our best to make broadcast and even for Gdog, to make videos on how to not get scammed. But as for me, I don't tolerate scammers and I give them their warns and ban them usually on the spot because honestly, if you know well enough to take something that doesn't belong to you, then you should know from what's right and wrong. Everyone is technically for themselves in the game and our jobs as moderators is to make sure the rules and regulations of CC is being followed :) and yes it gets pretty tough when you have players that say "mods are useless and don't do anything" but the thing is, players don't see what we do and what we go through so it's quick to judge.
  • HinterHinter Member, Retired Moderator
    edited April 2016

Not trying to start anything, I was just giving some insight and my opinion on something that really upset me within the game. I love this game and the community, which is why I get so upset with the system. Nothing is perfect but there are many flaws that get swept under the rug in my opinion instead of directly dealt with in a fashionable manner.

My report that was unresolved was many moons ago. I was hurt by it, because I was told it would be resolved later when they were "not busy" with questing, but it may have been overlooked or forgotten about since nothing was done and the person I brought to their attention the very next day was scamming via payaway again. It hurts because I do care, and I feel bad for the naive children. It is also upsetting knowing there is nothing I could do about it because my cries fell on deaf ears.

What the player did, was wrong in a sence, I just think it was harsh because he was just being silly, and I don't think he would have said it if he knew he'd get in trouble. I see people get away with FAR WORST crimes that are hurtful and inappropriate. So to see someone not just warned but muted for something like that compared to what I've seen upset me.

Also, there are several players whom I know and some moderators who are/have dated in the game and it was never a big deal, granted they were not going around making it publicly know, but players still knew. I myself am dating someone that also plays this game and I was never warned or contacted about it being a problem? Is it because I buy cubits, or because it isn't an issue?

Anyways. I want to make it clear I am not trying to stir anything up, just giving my opinion as an adult on something I saw and how it bothered me. I miss you all and I hope you have a wonderful night.

As far as dating, the reason there is no tolerance, is because what it could lead to. It's for the protection of the company /AND/ for the players, alot of which are children, which means even more care must take place in that department.
    --
    As for payaways/scams, there's only so much as Mods or Support that can be done. The Admins have went out of their way from a game mechanics perspective to try and do what they can to prevent it. ie; the register confirmation screen.
    --
    It's easy to say if someone's reported for scamming, just ban/punish them. In practice, it is not that simple. It turns into a he said she said, or the player gave perms to another player (which the game or staff isn't responsible for), or the player dropped an item willing in someone elses realm, or they hit the accept button on the confirmation register screen without even reading it.
    --
    NONE of those are the responsibility of the staff or admins. It's that simple.
    --
    Reports for scamming are about investigation and using those reports to discern trends. Not just instantly punish/ban every single one.
    --
    I hope this clears things up.
  • edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I Think The Term "Stupid" Is Unacceptable & Just Plain Wrong :/
    Cubic Castles Is For People Age 5 - Above, Meaning Not All Players Are Aware Of Bad Players Or Even If The Mods Do A System Holla About Scamming, Payaways, And Etc. Doesnt Mean They Understand It Immediately Some Players Cant Even Read Or Talk.

Its Not Right For Someone To Compare Real Life Stealing To In Game Scamming Cuz A Game Is For Fun Meaning Kids Wont Think Theyll Be Fooled And Such...
    And Some People Who Experience Bad Behavior Of A Person May Lead To:
    The Player Copies It In Game Or In Real Life, They May Quit, And Worst Case Scenario It May Lead To Death Cuz Cyber Bullying Is A HUGE Offence And Can be Traumatic....

Well I Cant Say A Game Can Be Perfect As Nothing Is Perfect And Thats A Fact But This Flaws Can Be Fixed And Should Be Focused Cuz Thats The Motive Of Games One Word = FUN.

I Hope Some Agree With My Statements Cuz Im Concerned To All Qbees, I Have Little Brother And I Guide Him In Game For Whats Right From Wrong But Some Players Doesnt Have Guidance Like An Only Child Thats 5 - 11 Years Old.

LETS NOT FIGHT ABOUT THIS PROBLEMS BUT LETS FIND A SOLUTION TOGETHER FOR THE BETTER OF THE GREAT GAME THAT WAS DEVELOPED BY @SirKewberth & @CosmicCow Thank U.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.