Potentially Game-breaking bug??

AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
in Bug Reports 14.10 Karma
So, earlier when I was in my shop, someone opened my reg to give me a warp food. After the transaction went through, I sat in my shop for a bit longer, next to the reg, and so did the person that gave me a warp food (no cubits in exchange). I didn't think anything of it at the time, but I heard a couple noises that sounded like something was clicked (even tho I was clicking nothing).

After leaving the realm, I noticed that my cubit count had dropped by about 1,000c even though I didn't do anything to spend cubits.

I'm wondering if this is a possible exploit that whoever had given me the warp food was somehow opening the register without my knowledge and adding my cubits? It shouldn't be possible, but I lost cubits somewhere lol.

The scary part is that I would not have noticed this if my cubit count had not dropped below the even numbers I usually keep it at. So I guess watch out how close to registers you stand until we know more info about this ;-;

Comments

• SawatawananaSawatawanana Member
    13.25 Karma
    O_O
    Hope this gets solved, sounds pretty scary
    @SirKewberth
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    14.10 Karma
    Yeah, I have never heard of this kind of thing happening before. I wonder if it's happened before and people just haven't noticed or if it's actually a new issue.
    If anyone else has had something similar happen, pls let us know >_<
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    49.30 Karma
    This shouldn't be possible... if it is then maybe we should refrain from using registers until this is fixed / proven that this isn't possible. @SirKewberth
  • Mr.GranicusMr.Granicus Member
    16.00 Karma
    What's the name of The Player gave you warp?
    14.10 Karma
    I want to say BR_lukiz or something but it could be that I saw the name elsewhere and have it confused. Unfortunately, I wasnt paying much attention to them at the time, since I was in a conversation with someone else as well. It was a transport pickle to some kind of rental shop (thought those were against ToS) too, if it helps.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Game Developer
    85.75 Karma
    Well.. I'll look into it a little and see. I think maybe something else happened or you misremembered your balance or something like that but we'll verify it none the less.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    edited January 14 40.75 Karma
    tho, why only 1000c?
    Maybe you rented a spot for 1000c accidentally then left the realm without knowing.
    Also maybe the noise you heard was when you passed by a cash register.
    *cough*
  • Elemental godElemental god The netherlandsMember
    298.55 Karma

I want to say BR_lukiz or something but it could be that I saw the name elsewhere and have it confused. Unfortunately, I wasnt paying much attention to them at the time, since I was in a conversation with someone else as well. It was a transport pickle to some kind of rental shop (thought those were against ToS) too, if it helps.

Doesnt the realm the telefood go to not a name that you could do /owner
    14.10 Karma
    I didn't notice that I was missing cubits until afterwards, but I dont remember buying anything or donating any cubits. The noise I heard was like clicking inventory items or the cubit bar in a trade, not the noise for a popup appearing.