Why the Ostrich and Roo will not rise like the ram.

UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited December 2018 in General Chat
Recently people have been saying ‘ostrich and Roo will rise like ram because they are being removed from shop like ram’.

Player Base
When the ram was out the playerbase was super small and few people bought more then 3. The only person I know of, is Knop. So, there was few in the game when they where removed. These days there a larger player base people and people are buying 15+ Roos and ostrich’s. The amount in the game is significantly higher then the ram, and the amount on the market will forever be 100x the amount of rams on the market.

Ram was removed without warning
The developers gave no warning that the ram was being removed, so nobody bought them. This caused the amount of rams in the game to be super small. But, the Developers have made sure everybody knows that the Ostrich and Roo are being removed. So, people have bought or are buying tons of them expecting to make profit.

The ‘exotic’ pets have been in the shop for a long time
Instead of keeping the pets ‘exotic’ as the developers call them, they left them in the shop for over a month. (Edit: I use exotic in Cubic Castles as a synonym to ‘Super Rare’ Items, but since they where in the shop for so long the chance of them being exotic is slim). They have been in the shop so long and everybody has the information that they are being removed, so people have had a super long time to save up cubits and buy them expecting to make profit. Also, everybody who wanted a Roo or Ostrich has gotten one with the long time period.

Summary
Due to the reasons stated above, people have mass bought the Roos and Ostrich’s. There is litterally no possible way for them to rise like the ram (Unless somebody drops 50,000,000c on them). The ram was three years ago, with a small player base, and had no warning of being removed.

I want to add - The chances of the Roos and Ostrich’s even reaching 100k in the next couple years is super slim. The amount in the game is so high that somebody would have to over 50 of each to make them 100k. That’s just - 4,000,000c not taking into account them rising 10k for every 10 they buy. I can see the Roo and Ostrich reaching 60k when it’s removed due to people hoarding them thinking they are going to rise exactly like the ram. But when people realize how common they are, they will start dropping from people getting rid of theirs before it’s to late.

Comments

• Pretty sure everyone knows this xD
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Sarco said:

Pretty sure everyone knows this xD

Later roo and ostrich will be rise as ram :>

Multiple people have told me this as well in game.
  • SilverPinkSilverPink Member
    edited December 2018
    Well then who cares if they go up in price or not? Cause I don't
  • Also we dont need Doogs and Mewmews to back on Cc store Lol, Devs! We need Exotic pet to be remove

Also we dont need Doogs and Mewmews to back on Cc store Lol, Devs! We need Exotic pet to be remove

Dogs and cats coming back are replacing the exotic pets....0
  • I think this topic is relevant although it may not be reaching the intended audience. I seen a lot of people since the introduction of the exotic pets ask if they would rise.
  • Tbf, I want the Roos to drop like I ain't paying 40k
    edited December 2018

I think this topic is relevant although it may not be reaching the intended audience. I seen a lot of people since the introduction of the exotic pets ask if they would rise.

So many people think the exotics will just suddenly rise to 100k+ with no reason.
  • Except exotic does not mean expensive.
    Definition: originating or of a distinct characteristic of a foreign country.
    The "limited edition" part was pretty sad though.
  • Uhmm We need knop to Buy 50 Pieces of exotic pets and burn it into ashes
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    @SirKewberth Good thread to learn from your mistakes.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We don't place items in the store based on player speculation about what they may or may not cost in the future. What if two players speculate differently? which direction should we choose?

If players assume things... I can't control that. We never said anything specific about how long the exotic pets would be in the store. Only that they'd be removed and the doogs and meemews would return.

If you thought it was a week and then it turned out to be a month or two...? How is that our mistake? Sounds like the player made the "mistake" there if they're trying to speculate on prices and that's the only reason they were buying them. And besides... new pets aren't added as trading items. They're added as pets. If you guys are playing some kind of trading game with them and your guess about the price next year is off, I don't think that's on us to fix.

edited December 2018

We don't place items in the store based on player speculation about what they may or may not cost in the future. What if two players speculate differently? which direction should we choose?

If players assume things... I can't control that. We never said anything specific about how long the exotic pets would be in the store. Only that they'd be removed and the doogs and meemews would return.

If you thought it was a week and then it turned out to be a month or two...? How is that our mistake? Sounds like the player made the "mistake" there if they're trying to speculate on prices and that's the only reason they were buying them. And besides... new pets aren't added as trading items. They're added as pets. If you guys are playing some kind of trading game with them and your guess about the price next year is off, I don't think that's on us to fix.

No no, that’s not what I meant. I was just trying to tell people why they won’t rise like everybody thinks they will after they are removed. You can’t control people mass buying them. I was just tired of seeing people putting hundreds of thousands of cubits in them as a waste. Like I said, the playerbase was smaller back when the Super Rares where born. You guys can’t control a larger playerbase. Also, I stated them being in the shop for a month to say they have been out long enough that everybody who wants one has one. Therefore making them even more common.

I guess I did word them not really being exotic wrong, I apologize. I take the term exotic as extremely rare and expensive as super rare says extremely rare and expensive for items in game. I meant that they shouldn’t of been labeled exotic. The only way they could of been exotic in my book is if they where removed in a week. As I said above, a month was long enough for everybody who wanted one to buy one. (Going to reword that correctly).

@SirKewberth
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited December 2018
    I wasn't responding to the initial thread. I understood the gist of that. I was responding to luca's claim a mistake was made. We did precisely what we intended, so I don't really see how it's a "mistake". For what it's worth the price of these pets will rise over time, but as the original thread says perhaps not as fast as people expect. But again, I can't really manage people's expectations. If we didn't from the outset say something like "available for only 2 days!" then I don't see how you can claim we made an error. Did we promise something different? Nope.

As for eagence... The term "exotic" pet refers to the pets being animals that are not normally kept as pets, like cats and dogs. It has nothing to do with the item rarity or game price etc... Maybe this is confusing since I assume English is not your first language. If you type exotic pet in google you will see it defined in many ways. But generally the gist of it is that a pet is exotic because it's an animal people don't normally keep (such as kangaroos and ostriches) as pets. It's not a game phrase at all. It's just normal every day language. Like saying a table is an antique. If I added an "antique" table to the game it would not mean the table was actually very old or even an old item in the game. It would just be referring to the style of the item.

I reject the claim that we are constantly arbitrarily and capriciously interfering in the game's economy outside of the normal things we do like releasing packs etc.. It's simply not true. The game has rules.. we apply them as fairly as we can. If support is able to return items to players in some rare cases that doesn't affect the economy because we don't normally generate those items. We actually find a way to transfer them back to the rightful owner. In most cases we cant' do this but if a player is lucky sometimes support can help.
  • I did assume that the price would go up, maybe not right away but I did because of 2 things. The news did say that they would only be available for a limited time, & I quote SirKewberth " but they won't be back in the cubit store after they're delisted".

I forgot to take into consideration the average age of the player and their ability to know 1. basic math, & 2. the value of a buck. Example 1: They spend 1000c on 2 hollas in a row to save 80c on a vend times 8 vends = a loss of 360c & that is IF their hollas actually netted them the 8 vends. Example 2: 3 hollas for pet treats to save 8c per pet treat.

So tell me, just who is controlling the economy, the devs or the 7 year old player. I choose the latter as I do see the introduction of exotic pets and the way they were described as I stated above is an attempt to get us to spend more. This is how a good game is supposed to be to keep it alive and doing well but take that there is little control over what the majority of the players do and how prices are actually determined. The control in in the hands of a player with no value of money and little common sense. Change this and you make it a great game, plus you will gain control again of the rules and drive out the immaturity that brings in all the kaos.

Keep things the way they are now and you lose the mature player who will actually stay and contribute to the game. Is it really better to have more 7 to 12 year olds that can pester mommy for $20 to $100 on a game that will keep them satisfied for a while than to have that many 13 to 30 who only spends real money occasionally.

I do see the need for cc to make $$ but with it comes the responsibility to correct things that a player loses $$ on too. Please refer to Spiderman "with great power comes great responsibility".
    edited December 2018
    I am quite upset that you let them in store for so much because of the fact that you said they will be removed with next update or this will be the 2nd update since they are in store, you being one update late. That's 17 days overdue.
    Is 5 weeks "limited time"? You killed their price by letting them for that much in the store. 2 weeks would have been much much better. 2 weeks is enough time to get one, if you really want one. It would've stopped their sudden downfall to what many sell one for, at roughly 35-38k. Every thousand cubits these pets lose off their price makes it even harder for all those "investors" that actually spent the majority of cubits that went towards the purchases of these 2 "exotic-but-not-really" pets. It was fine to mix them with black friday as long as they were actually "time limited" and wouldve been there only until "next update" rolls around.
    Again, your slowness delayed it all. By the time you guys actually realise something, except for updates which do keep coming on a biweekly-ish rate, it's already too late to do anything. My respects.
  • @Intimate did you mean 7 month old player? The game has not existed 7 years.

@Intimate did you mean 7 month old player? The game has not existed 7 years.

Players that are 7 years old in real life. Those that think that the world revolves around them and they're the only special being.
  • Who has money to spend on this game anyway?
    Practically everybody just wasted money on pointless and useless fortnite skins.
  • Sir Kewberth can control it Lol
    Fun fact: Sir Kewberth is Knop
    O.o he can control economy
    edited December 2018
    lucaaa795 said:

I am quite upset that you let them in store for so much because of the fact that you said they will be removed with next update or this will be the 2nd update since they are in store, you being one update late. That's 17 days overdue.

I never said they would be removed with the next update when they were released. I said they would be there for a limited time. Did I say that anywhere? If I did then yes you would be right to be upset, but I don't think that was ever the case.

Eagence said:

2) Can you please send me specific google webpage that has this specific definition?
    Also this has nothing to do with English but you are so good at hiding behind nonsense excuses...

Here's the definition from wikipedia..

"An exotic pet is a rare or unusual animal pet: an animal kept within human households which is generally thought of as a wild species rather than as a pet."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exotic_pet

I normally wouldn't even bother to argue such a trivial point, but sometimes the accusations leveled at me are ridiculous.

• Headlines for 2019 Cubic News: Kewberth Spills Tea Over Dispute About The True Meaning Of Exotic.
  • Dreadful LawDreadful Law Member
    edited December 2018
    will the price of dogs and cats change in c store?

will the price of dogs and cats change in c store?

I’m assuming not. I can’t be the one to confirm though.
    edited December 2018

lucaaa795 said:

I never said they would be removed with the next update when they were released. I said they would be there for a limited time. Did I say that anywhere? If I did then yes you would be right to be upset, but I don't think that was ever the case.

I do recall seeing a thread that's now gone and replaced with another one that's been posted more recently that was stating the exact same idea as in my complaint. Maybe it was just me having visions, maybe not.
    Packs are as well time limited, yet they don't last more than 3 weeks at most. I'll end my contribution to this thread by stating that 5 weeks has been too much time and that the development team is the one to blame in the (most likely) case that they dont surpass the 50k mark in the near future or even at all. Call me ignorant, I don't mind. But do you know who throws curses at your decision? Those that bought a ton of them during black friday from the cubit store and are now regretting their choice of throwing money on something that is "TiMe LiMiTeD"
  • I do remember it being said that "They will be removed with the next update". And I don't even care about exotic pets *shrugs*. I'll try and find it :/
    I don't think we ever said that when they were released. Players probably said it or assumed it and it got around as a rumor. I did say it would be removed next update, but that was just a few days ago and I meant the new years update, and I did that because I promised to give some warning before they were gone.