Eating Food to sink crops

We have farming that produces food - why don't we eat it?

I can hear the calls of "what's the point of that?" Hold your horses...

There's a lot of farming crops about that really need to be sunk out, they've bottomed out in value.

What if, aside from making cute food decor, eating food had a purpose? Now I'm not out to suggest a hunger bar, that could get silly... But what about some cool effects or a random perk buff you don't have for say, half an hour?

Comments

• SpaceChickenSpaceChicken Member
    edited December 2018
    Yeah it could be pretty nice actually..you eat some food (not just 1 because that would be OP,pretty much an endless buff,better like 10+) and it makes you mine faster or something..no jump boosts or speed boosts though because that would break parkours and races etc..also a block to remove eating and all food effects in a realm should be added then..but yes would be useful if it gave you a tiny mining boost or say let your pet find fossils from further if you feed it etc.
  • +1 - I think I recommended at one point that food should give buffs, and I still like the idea. I know people don't like the idea, but I do.

Just cute short term things. Like 5sec of speed (for any sugar or cake you eat - sugar high buff), or 5sec of an extra high jump (for eating eggs - fly like a chicken buff) ...and of course, "there should be a bumper to turn buffs off in parkours" (<<-- obligatory statement to make though I don't necessarily agree with it 100% as having food could be used to help those of us that really stink at parkours).

I played another game where spinach would allow you to jump super high, so everyone would carry spinach in their inventories for certain quests. Also if you ate an entire stack of broccoli (50), then you'd turn on certain effects in a special official realm. It was cool to discover what the foods could do for you, though in that game we needed the food for energy too (which I also wouldn't recommend for this game).
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    it's game over already for crops in the economy. they reached a bottom and they will stay at it.
    +1 though because why not
  • b3achy said:

+1 - I think I recommended at one point that food should give buffs, and I still like the idea. I know people don't like the idea, but I do.

Just cute short term things. Like 5sec of speed (for any sugar or cake you eat - sugar high buff), or 5sec of an extra high jump (for eating eggs - fly like a chicken buff) ...and of course, "there should be a bumper to turn buffs off in parkours" (<<-- obligatory statement to make though I don't necessarily agree with it 100% as having food could be used to help those of us that really stink at parkours).

I played another game where spinach would allow you to jump super high, so everyone would carry spinach in their inventories for certain quests. Also if you ate an entire stack of broccoli (50), then you'd turn on certain effects in a special official realm. It was cool to discover what the foods could do for you, though in that game we needed the food for energy too (which I also wouldn't recommend for this game). </p>

Buff is kinda good
    +1