Build Contest Needs Fixing

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE build contests.

However, I am getting really mad because there are people who build stuff so ridiculously tall that if you have a plot nearby, its REALLY hard to build and probably not noticed. I had to settle for something of minimal effort at the halloween contest because there were two huge builds either side blocking my vision and ability to click. Even if this was not an attempt to win it can certainly be used to hinder other players.

Then you have the copycats - and where exactly do judges draw the line at "copying" when what people have is pretty limited and options keeping to the theme are low. How do you judge who copied who? Because I've seen people change their builds in the earlier opened rooms (usually the people who take up all the plots and build nothing until last minute) and then cry "copycat" at someone else who built theirs first as an attempt to get them disqualified.

And then we have people who take up all the plots when you want to work on one and its DAYS before they actually build anything, they seriously couldn't wait until they had stuff to build with so everyone else has to wait for another build area to open >:(

My suggestion if there cannot be more space between builds is to limit the height of builds as well as floor space - please!

Comments

• My suggestion if there cannot be more space between builds is to limit the height of builds as well as floor space - please!

Good builds need a lot of height.

Though we could add a lot more space between plots to solve this
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Make it max 20
    Nobody really needs things taller than 20.. Unless it's a long story which doesn't really have any chance of winning anyway

• My suggestion if there cannot be more space between builds is to limit the height of builds as well as floor space - please!

Good builds need a lot of height.

Though we could add a lot more space between plots to solve this
    No, they don't. If you remember Aura's giraffes in the summer contest, that was not a big build...