Craftable Mannequins [Plz Close?]

Cubed CubesCubed Cubes Member
edited March 2019 in Suggestions & Comments
Now something that I would love to see is craftable mannequins. Now this is just my opinion for the crafting system, of course this is your game so change how you please IF you even want mannequins to be crafted;

(Sidenote; now, people don't understand the main topic of this. The crafting recipe listed below is an idea, an example to convey, the main topic is whether they should be crafted, not how they're crafted. So don't say no simply because of the recipe, like I said, it's an idea to convey of just how might they be crafted. Maybe Mannequins would take 5 Life Blocks to create? Possibly 3 Diamonds. If you're going to say no because of the recipe and you do want them craftable, just say "Yes, but I think the recipe should be...)

(To make sure you UNDERSTAND. This is a SIDE SUGGESTION. NOT the main topic. The main topic is whether or not they SHOULD be crafted. This is an IDEA of how they COULD be crafted.)
*Mannequin
-2 Black Buttons
-35 Cotton
-10 Cloth
-2 String
~Sewing Kit

*Black Button
-1Button
-1Black Dye

*Button
-3 Plastic
~Chisel

*Plastic
-1 Raw Plastic
~Forge

*Raw Plastic
-1 Plastic Mixture
~Extractor

*Plastic Mixture
-2 Oil
-3 Crushed Charred Coal
~Mortar and Pestle

*Crushed Charred Coal
-1 Charred Coal
~Hammer

*Charred Coal
-1 Coal
~Forge

Now this is just what I would hope for. I think a lot of players might find this tedious, but in my opinion this seems fair. Hopefully you would add this or something similar,
-Sincerely,
Cubed Cubes

Comments

• Cubed CubesCubed Cubes Member
    edited December 2018
    Now as a quick note, I know there is charcoal. But charcoal and coal are 2 seperate resources. Charred coal compared to charcoal in this tiered recipe makes more sense in my opinion.
  • Elaborate. I dunno, unsure. I guess I'll read the comments to decide how I think about it xD.
  • Elaborate. I dunno, unsure. I guess I'll read the comments to decide how I think about it xD.

Ok, thanks for your opinion. Have a nice day!
  • Cubed CubesCubed Cubes Member
    edited December 2018
    LateCom said:

mannequins should not bw crafted, it will make them lose their value, if you can’t buy it then save up for one.

Thank you for your opinion. It could ruin their value, but recently they haven't been being sold at all. People were also fine when Sentries and the Heart Wand were made craftable. This ruined the price for artifacts and Heart Wands, but I don't think people worried about it that much. Have a nice a day!
  • LateCom said:

changing price of item worth 350-450c to literally 15-50c is a lot. There are many players who have up to 500 mannequins, so If it were to be added, it just wouldn’t be fair to those who do have 500+.

That is a fair point. But remember with what happened to Cash Registers? While it was an extremely minor change because it's not like people would need more than 3 Registers, this is a good example. The price of 700c-950c was changed to 10c-50c. Of course like I said Regiesters aren't an insanely used amount like Mannequins would be, but still. It's also not like it's my say and my final say. This is my idea, but I may not be the first compared to the Cosmic Cow team. They may have been planning this, then again maybe not. It's all a matter of whether enough people want it, and Cosmic Cow will accept it. This is my general idea of the crafting recipe, not Cosmic Cow's. The team may use something similar, but I guarantee they would change it. :)
  • Late the point of cc is not to make everything super expensive.
    I don't see why not.
    +1
    It should be hard to make, as not to overflow the market, but it shouldn't cost 300-500c to put clothes on something as simple as a mannequin.
  • Too many ideas are pushed down because of people wanting items to cost a ton.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm like this but in moments like this it makes no sense why mannequins should be expensive.
  • Too many ideas are pushed down because of people wanting items to cost a ton.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm like this but in moments like this it makes no sense why mannequins should be expensive.

I agree. It's just something people to buy to present what they're selling as a clothing item... 15c-50c like LateCom said would honestly make quite a bit of sense.
  • LateCom said:

I mean, super rares are beginning to grow rarer and rarer as we speak... and the commons cheaper as we talk...
    there is huge gap right now and econ is in a mess..
    inflation is happening and cubits getting easier to earn, i dont entirely object to the idea of this, but i feel that there are other important things that needs to be sorted out before this needs to have a look at.

I mean I guess, but to be fair I don't understand the economy of how the cheap keep getting cheaper. If you buy a hat for 350 cubits, you might get something that sells for 60 cubits... Butterfly Wings, which take 750 Cubits to get from the Cubit Shop may I remind you, are being sold for 100 and less...
  • -1 It just like old suggestion "Craftable Vend"
    Alot ppl wastes their C for mannequin , if turned craftable it will drop down their price..
  • I would never like craftable mannequins but even if they do become craftable, then the recipe should be umm
    20x white plaster
    2xblack dye
    2xglue
    2x charcoal
    With a knife
  • +1 Why not? I mean you could just put items in glass if you want to show them instead of spending over 300c on showing them a bit more detailed.Also with a crafting recipe this complicated they would probably still be 50c at least.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    I won't lie.. Mannequins are extremely laggy on the server and players if they are used in large quantities. Due to this as well as them losing almost all of their value. -1
  • SarcoSarco Member
    edited December 2018
    +1 they are used to display items however they cost a ton in large amounts so why not? I would rather the recipe be hard though to discourage players from crafting tons of em
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Please do not associate cash registers with mannequins. One was a required thing to start a shop while the other one is an optional decoration, a luxury.
    Not everyone should have 1000 mannequins.
    I do not own any mannequins but I do feel that this change would make many players poorer by a lot.
  • +1
  • -1 It just like old suggestion "Craftable Vend"
    Alot ppl wastes their C for mannequin , if turned craftable it will drop down their price..

Ill admit people do waste a lot of Cubits on mannequins, but that's just a decorational purpose. Like Remo said, just stick the item in glass if you don't want to buy them. I don't think something decorational should cost 600 Cubits each on the Cubit Store [3000 Cubits/5 Mannequins = 600 Cubits per Mannequin] when it can easily be made useless by a piece of glass... The people who buy lots of Mannequins typically have huge stores and easily make back a lot of money.
  • I won't lie.. Mannequins are extremely laggy on the server and players if they are used in large quantities. Due to this as well as them losing almost all of their value. -1

There's no reason to have more than 50 Mannequins, and that doesn't lag me. I am on a laptop that is severly bad when dealing with frames. So I'm pretty sure Mannequins being craftable with the sidenote of lag would be ok.
    edited December 2018

I won't lie.. Mannequins are extremely laggy on the server and players if they are used in large quantities. Due to this as well as them losing almost all of their value. -1

There's no reason to have more than 50 Mannequins, and that doesn't lag me. I am on a laptop that is severly bad when dealing with frames. So I'm pretty sure Mannequins being craftable with the sidenote of lag would be ok.
    It's not about your PC. It's about how much the server can stand. These servers are not like those of Rockstar, Steam or whatever. The servers this game runs on are rather cheap and cannot withstand too much pressure.

-------

I fully support my opinion on this. Just because some are poor, it doesnt mean everyone must be equal when it comes to how many of something one can have. Rights should be equal for everyone, yes. But not items. Work hard, play hard. Otherwise you can be just as happy without mannequins
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Less laggy then having items dropped in glass lol.

+1
  • I like this idea. Everyone should be able to use them. As is, mannequins are just an expensive display case. As has already been pointed out, they're also made easily obsolete by just dropping items in glass. The biggest problem is the people who own tons of mannequins will throw a fit because they spent lots of money of them. This is a great idea and something I'd love to see, but you'd have to fight the people who have bought dozens of mannequins already. CC is, first and foremost, a building and crafting game. Everything else (trading, clothes, etc.) is second. The only argument I'm seeing (besides possible lag) is that people already bought some a higher price. People forget that CC is not called 'Money Making Simulator' or 'Trading Simulator'. Ultimately, if something can be made accessible for everyone, it should be (Unpopular opinion, I guess?). Or maybe make something similar to a mannequin, something like the minecraft armor stand, so that people would still have a motivation to buy mannequins for builds and things, but an easy display option is still available. +1
  • I like this idea. Everyone should be able to use them. As is, mannequins are just an expensive display case. As has already been pointed out, they're also made easily obsolete by just dropping items in glass. The biggest problem is the people who own tons of mannequins will throw a fit because they spent lots of money of them. This is a great idea and something I'd love to see, but you'd have to fight the people who have bought dozens of mannequins already. CC is, first and foremost, a building and crafting game. Everything else (trading, clothes, etc.) is second. The only argument I'm seeing (besides possible lag) is that people already bought some a higher price. People forget that CC is not called 'Money Making Simulator' or 'Trading Simulator'. Ultimately, if something can be made accessible for everyone, it should be (Unpopular opinion, I guess?). Or maybe make something similar to a mannequin, something like the minecraft armor stand, so that people would still have a motivation to buy mannequins for builds and things, but an easy display option is still available. +1

You know what... I've never saw it like that... While people do want Cubits and stuff just for trading and clothing and all that, does the game itself really matter? What makes the game nice is the fact that you're able to be mostly free for what you build. I remember seeing a realm with a lot of mannequins, but rather than shop display, he/she just put the clothing of the Cosmic Cow team.
  • I'm surprised that the majority vote for this being a fair way to craft mannequins is not "Yes, but it's quite tedious." I honestly voted for that .-.
  • I won't lie.. Mannequins are extremely laggy on the server and players if they are used in large quantities. Due to this as well as them losing almost all of their value. -1

I have been in a realm with 500 mannequins all dressed up as cats, and not a single bit of lag.
    They're just blocks.
  • I didnt spend 650k in the Cubit Store once upon a time for these to become craftable. Sorry, I don't support it. Although it's not a bad addition or suggestion in any way, I just think some items, especially mannequins should stay 350-450c forever.
  • Liberated said:

I didnt spend 650k in the Cubit Store once upon a time for these to become craftable. Sorry, I don't support it. Although it's not a bad addition or suggestion in any way, I just think some items, especially mannequins should stay 350-450c forever.

I mean I understand but... 650k? Did you really need 1k mannequins? You're just proving HerbLore's point as well; "The biggest problem is the people who own tons of mannequins will throw a fit because they spent lots of money of them. This is a great idea and something I'd love to see, but you'd have to fight the people who have bought dozens of mannequins already. CC is, first and foremost, a building and crafting game. Everything else (trading, clothes, etc.) is second. The only argument I'm seeing (besides possible lag) is that people already bought some a higher price."

I have been in a realm with 500 mannequins all dressed up as cats, and not a single bit of lag.
    They're just blocks.
    They do not put a lot of pressure on YOUR DEVICE. They put it on THE SERVER because the mannequin model is much much more advanced than the one of a normal block.