Can someone teach me How to build?

Lately I've wanting to get my passion into building. I've tried many times on my own I seem to fail. I've asked alot of experts but they seem to be busy. Currently I don't have enough c for paying sessions but if you do for free, I'll mean alot to me. Also please send me the pics of your amazing build so I can decide wether ill pick you :) Thanks!! Alpha-Storm

Comments

• I've always known @-GreyCoralKing- as a great builder. Of course there are many players i remember that builds awesome and has great buildings.

I'm trying to improve my building skills as well, good luck with that. :)
  • Hehe Dewon you are to kind ^_^!

I will give you advice to becoming a better builder and not fail :).

1. It is important to be realistic, it is good to be ambitious and to push yourself beyond what you are able to do but you also need to keep your projects manageable. Start with smaller builds and realize not all ideas you may be able to execute with your current skill level.

2. Know why you are building. If you are trying to build for the wrong reasons like to gain fame you will never last as a builder. You need to build because it makes you happy and helps you express yourself.

3. Being critical of your builds and yourself is your worst enemy. Never compare yourself or think your builds are less when looking at other builders/builds. Your builds are important because there is going to be someone who looks at it and be inspired in some fashion. In my opinion there is no "Best" builder, just builders with different skill levels, styles etc. The only builder you should aspire to be better than is the builder you were yesterday.

Building is a lot of work but very rewarding. You become better by looking at other builds and trying new things. There is nothing a builder can teach you persay directly. You just need to build and try new things, skill will come naturally with time. I have been building for over three years and my builds now vs. then look ten times better. Don't get to fussy over making a build perfect, you need to always keep moving forward to grow. Good luck :D!
  • If you are a beginner,build a small thing.
    If you want to be more advanced,build something massive.
  • Lately I've wanting to get my passion into building. I've tried many times on my own I seem to fail.

So i take it you gave up on your builds?Instead of giving up try too see where you went wrong.Ask friends too give you their honest opinion! Builds can always be adjusted when something doesnt look good or you get new ideas.

GRTZ , Koek
  • Try to get in touch with koek to get a look at his builds, or type his name in the research bumper, you might find a hub
    You'll find a lot of huge scale builds, Like a giant horse, parrot, stuff like that. Really big and detailed stuff.
    That's the best of that style I've seen on cc, so you might get inspiration from it.
    Though these kinds of builds take a lot of time
  • Place blocks. :)
  • Thanks if I have expert builder with me when I finish a build -picture shown by galantis will show in abit- I need their honest opinion currently trying to finish tysm everyone helped alot
  • Practice makes perfect start small work your way up when i first started building i looked at pictures to help give me a foundation.
  • I still have twenty builds to complete and no builds finished.
  • Like grey said, Don't ever compare your builds to other builds. because all the builders you are inspired by now? Went from that situation. & They never gave up. They chose to build to inspired others, & because building is an art that makes us feel good. There is no "Best builder" Just builders with different styles & technique. Like grey said. Find your own style. By not giving up. There is no goal. You'll just keep on improving & improving. & Be the better Version of yourself from what was Yesterdays. You'll know when to end. Please don't give up & find your style. This world always needs more builders with determination & hope :)
  • I still have twenty builds to complete and no builds finished.

Same Loool! But not that much.

To the topic.
    Practise makes perfect. You should try building apps/software too!
  • valyreena said:

Like grey said, Don't ever compare your builds to other builds. because all the builders you are inspired by now? Went from that situation. & They never gave up. They chose to build to inspired others, & because building is an art that makes us feel good. There is no "Best builder" Just builders with different styles & technique. Like grey said. Find your own style. By not giving up. There is no goal. You'll just keep on improving & improving. & Be the better Version of yourself from what was Yesterdays. You'll know when to end. Please don't give up & find your style. This world always needs more builders with determination & hope :)

That gave me motivation thanks!
  • Yuiji said:

I still have twenty builds to complete and no builds finished.

Same Loool! But not that much.

To the topic.
    Practise makes perfect. You should try building apps/software too!
    Well I was over-exaggerating a bit.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Attention to detail is important too :D start with something small, but try to be as detailed or accurate as possible. It's a good way to analyze your strengths and weaknesses, and can help you find neat tricks to add to your builds ^-^
  • When I started to build there were little builds to reference to and builders of the caliber that exist today were nearly non-existent. People with great talent like Ed had just started playing the game, people like val and space did not exist. What epic builds did come out like by beaveristic and dread could not be accessed due to there not being a lobby with the overworld being the only option. Time and perseverance will be your greatest allies. I went from building scraggly ugly trees that I thought were the most amazing trees in existence to doing large scale builds like in the second photo.

• PyreonPyreon Member
    edited December 2018
    oh god i remember you showing me that dome-land grey
    it's got an underside of a sculpty sphere as a ceiling ;-;

well, storm...you don't need paying sessions or months old of training to, if you want the term "git gud" at building. it all boils down to grey's two pictures. your passion for your work and for building as a whole generally will gradually evolve. you just need to keep building.

youtube videos also work sometimes, like watching videos like these:

(shh i know it's minecraft but where the hell would you find any more cubic castles content other than gdog nowadays y'know what i'm sayin?)
    it helped me alot, but both my houses look like turd
    but it's still okay, this is before and after i watched the video
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

and using picture references for your builds:
    (snowflake so big camera can't fit the actual snowflake and even blurs it out)
    yuiji is also right on using other software. *cough cough* cracked minecraft

it really depends on you on how you're going to build, but build it your way™
    (and sorry no i cant be your mentor grey is the better way to go and i've got school)

• I have watched Pyreon grow as a build and his creations are fab :O!
  • If its this castle you wanna build..i suggest you build a scaffold grid on the floor first so you get the dimensions right .Grids always help me not getting lost

• Alpha_StormAlpha_Storm Member
    edited December 2018
    Keok can we meet in cc
    Because I didnt get wut u mean
  • Pyreon said:

oh god i remember you showing me that dome-land grey
    it's got an underside of a sculpty sphere as a ceiling ;-;

well, storm...you don't need paying sessions or months old of training to, if you want the term "git gud" at building. it all boils down to grey's two pictures. your passion for your work and for building as a whole generally will gradually evolve. you just need to keep building.

youtube videos also work sometimes, like watching videos like these:

(shh i know it's minecraft but where the hell would you find any more cubic castles content other than gdog nowadays y'know what i'm sayin?)
    it helped me alot, but both my houses look like turd
    but it's still okay, this is before and after i watched the video

and using picture references for your builds:
    (snowflake so big camera can't fit the actual snowflake and even blurs it out)
    yuiji is also right on using other software. *cough cough* cracked minecraft

it really depends on you on how you're going to build, but build it your way™
    (and sorry no i cant be your mentor grey is the better way to go and i've got school)

In the grid picture what app was used.
  • he means plan out the build like build one circle where you want to build a tower etc. if that makes sense he means make a floor plan then just build up
  • There isn't really a way to learn to build.
    You just do you.
  • There isn't really a way to learn to build.
    You just do you.

Agreed 100%. Everyone has their own style.
  • Thanks again everyone your comments gave me motivations of I can do a good build, I'm in a process of a build 1/2 is done when its done ill show you the picture
  • Alpha_StormAlpha_Storm Member
    edited January 2019
    BUMP!
    Finding a person hwos really good at pixel art and can teach me the use of pixels

Edit: lol meds
  • Sir Pixel can help you :p
  • BUMP!
    Finding a person hwos really good at pixel art and can teach me the use of pixels

Edit: lol meds

@Koekenbak