Add a New 10$ Pet (Unicorn Maybe?)

UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited December 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
Why not remove the dragon and add a new 10$ pet? I highly doubt anybody purchases the dragon anymore, and the dragon has been in the store for years. So, why not replace it with a new 10$ pet?

Comments

• Leave the dragon, and add a new pet if they need to.
    We don't need another cheap pet skyrocketing. Nobody even really likes it. It's unpopular. Guess what happens when it becomes rare...?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Leave the dragon, and add a new pet if they need to.
    We don't need another cheap pet skyrocketing. Nobody even really likes it. It's unpopular. Guess what happens when it becomes rare...?

It’s been in the store for years. Maybe it’s time for a change.
  • Why does it have to be £10 or 10$, why can't it just cost cubits worth £10?
    edited November 2018

Why does it have to be £10 or 10$, why can't it just cost cubits worth £10?

Because they’ll make more money. People can’t buy 500k and buy 25 with it, instead of a 10$ pack 25 times to get 25. (Which is 150$ more).
  • I vote for this! I think a ten dollar pet is better than a 50k pet and also makes it a more direct way to support the devs. The pet also needs to be limited and not allowed to sit in the store for a millennium. Give it a five day run then take it down.
  • I vote for this! I think a ten dollar pet is better than a 50k pet and also makes it a more direct way to support the devs. The pet also needs to be limited and not allowed to sit in the store for a millennium. Give it a five day run then take it down.

5 days?! It'd become priceless!!
  • *jupiter* said:

I vote for this! I think a ten dollar pet is better than a 50k pet and also makes it a more direct way to support the devs. The pet also needs to be limited and not allowed to sit in the store for a millennium. Give it a five day run then take it down.

This would be an incentive for people to spend $10 on the pet, allowing for the developers to pay for the servers and continue updates to the game. I only really know about many purchases during Double C events, such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This is typically an event that lasts 2-4 days throughout the whole year. With this being said, the income from the exclusive pet(s) would allow even extra money to purchase more advertising for the game.

These items are meant to be priceless...eventually. I have played tons of games where trading is allowed, but exclusive items purchased by people for real money have become 10x what they paid originally. It's just smart business for players and developers. CC is too lax on "need" to buy Cubits.
    edited November 2018
    Liberated said:

*jupiter* said:

I vote for this! I think a ten dollar pet is better than a 50k pet and also makes it a more direct way to support the devs. The pet also needs to be limited and not allowed to sit in the store for a millennium. Give it a five day run then take it down.

This would be an incentive for people to spend $10 on the pet, allowing for the developers to pay for the servers and continue updates to the game. I only really know about many purchases during Double C events, such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This is typically an event that lasts 2-4 days throughout the whole year. With this being said, the income from the exclusive pet(s) would allow even extra money to purchase more advertising for the game.

These items are meant to be priceless...eventually. I have played tons of games where trading is allowed, but exclusive items purchased by people for real money have become 10x what they paid originally. It's just smart business for players and developers. CC is too lax on "need" to buy Cubits.
    I think removing the dragon and leaving the new pet would be fine. The amount of people that would mass buy the dragons would be similar to the amount of people buying the pets in the 5 day period.

• That is the point of the pet. It is beneficial to the players who get on the sale and beneficial to the devs. New systems will need to be implemented if we want to see CC continuing on. It is better than shady practices that the devs will deny that have occurred :P. It would be transparent and both parties would benefit.
    13/13 say yes
  • Why does it have to be £10 or 10$, why can't it just cost cubits worth £10?

The whole point of this is coming up with ways for the developers to make more money. (Disclaimer: I'm not targeting you specifically but all players with this mindset, also not being mean, just real)
    You are all very lucky so far in that you can actually play Cubic without spending any money at all. Even if you miss out on some items, you can still play just fine, and it's easier than a lot of you think to make cubits.
    Normally in MMO free-to-play games like this, if you don't ever spend a dime, you miss out on a lot more. Some games have very heavy advantages for those who spend money. But the amount people miss out on in Cubic for not spending money is very, very little. A hat here, a pet there. They aren't essential items, and the game is still fun without them.

I'm all for this idea :D
    If it were only available for a limited time, so be it. That would just be extra incentive for people to buy it. And those who can't buy it would just have to say "Oh well, we can't have everything."
    JackFury said:

The whole point of this is coming up with ways for the developers to make more money. (Disclaimer: I'm not targeting you specifically but all players with this mindset, also not being mean, just real)
    You are all very lucky so far in that you can actually play Cubic without spending any money at all. Even if you miss out on some items, you can still play just fine, and it's easier than a lot of you think to make cubits.
    Normally in MMO free-to-play games like this, if you don't ever spend a dime, you miss out on a lot more. Some games have very heavy advantages for those who spend money. But the amount people miss out on in Cubic for not spending money is very, very little. A hat here, a pet there. They aren't essential items, and the game is still fun without them.

If it were only available for a limited time, so be it. That would just be extra incentive for people to buy it. And those who can't buy it would just have to say "Oh well, we can't have everything."
    I think people are forgetting this item will be tradeable. You can always buy it from another player.
  • U said:

JackFury said:

I think people are forgetting this item will be tradeable. You can always buy it from another player.
    That's also true. It's not really exclusive to those who spend money. The dragon certainly isn't.
  • I totally agree!CC needs more exclusive items behind a paywall.
  • We as players need to voice what the best possible path is for the devs to make money with, what we are ok with. Look I love a free game and would love CC to stay the way it is but that is not realistic. Which is better- A $20 pet if you were not to include black friday being the ostrich/kangaroo or a $10 pet. The devs are already making money moves. we need to find a happy medium that doesn't compromise the game.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member

$10 for a unicorn!
  • edited November 2018
    CC would have my wallet open instantly if they dropped a unicorn. I would sell my mother if I had to if they put a unicorn as a limited for $10. Instead of being golden when it got level fifty it could be kicking in the air reared up on it's back legs and be rainbow colored.
  • Mehwmehn !
    +1

• $10 for a unicorn!

Maybe for another pet :3 , but unicorn sound cool xD
    Anyway I still +1 Even I won't buy xD
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I would like this, i am sure it will make a lot more money for them too
  • I would like this, i am sure it will make a lot more money for them too

Wait...they will remove dragon or just make it limited like 'Roo!' and 'Ostrich!'??
  • Not many if any are buying the dragon from the store when you can buy it for equal or less C depending on the seller. Needs to be removed and a new pet be introduced that is limited vs. being ten dollars and not which gives people little incentive to buy.
  • CC would have my wallet open instantly if they dropped a unicorn. I would sell my mother if I had to if they put a unicorn as a limited for $10. Instead of being golden when it got level fifty it could be kicking in the air reared up on it's back legs and be rainbow colored.

Poor mother ;-;
    I wouldn't want to be your mother grey, sorry.
  • Maybe seasonal 10$ Pets
    @SirKewberth @CosmicCow 17/17 say yes.
  • Yep +99999999999
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited November 2018
    $10 for a Unicorn pet @SirKewberth
    We'll buy it if you add it ;)))
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

I would like this, i am sure it will make a lot more money for them too

Wait...they will remove dragon or just make it limited like 'Roo!' and 'Ostrich!'??
    This is a suggestion, nothing is sure yet

But IF it happens most likely it will stay till a new pet has been decided
    Who voted no? I want to know why. 18/19 have voted yes.
  • I would like this, i am sure it will make a lot more money for them too

This is a suggestion, nothing is sure yet

But IF it happens most likely it will stay till a new pet has been decided
    Yeah ik :p, If they change dragon to unicorn it will be cool