Low Player Count.

LateComLateCom Member
in General Chat 132.85 Karma
Face it. The player count has been taking a nosedive lately. Comparing to the late 2017 / early 2018, we always seem to be stagnating at a peak of 1k players at high time. (the time in which america has its days and afternoons). Now, the count has fluctuated, during not high peak times, at a really low 200-350 player count, and a peak rush time of 600-700 max. It isnt too late to save the game, but those updates that we are having doesnt really change the fact that player counts are dropping. Thus, i feel that something should be done on the dev’s part. This is not another “game’s dying” thread, its one where we should discuss on how to fix the low player counts now. What do you think we should do to fix this?

Comments

• Mr.GranicusMr.Granicus Member
    14.20 Karma
    But idk because they didnt listen to our few suggestions as a player
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited November 14 49.10 Karma
    That's why no hollas on morning :P
    I am not disagree they add more shirt(can use mannequin decorate their builds)
    But we really need more deco (allow to have craftable deco and seasonal pack deco)

as julie said,we really need players who focus on building
  • *JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
    52.05 Karma
    Maybe because they're not focusing on what CC is really about?
    And you can't tell me players don't get sick of trading. And that's exactly why players are quitting. Trading and collecting gets boring. Very boring.
    While building never gets boring (atleast i think so). We need more blocks and more focus on building instead of focusing on clothes. And by promoting building, we can get lots of players.

Younger audience don't always enjoy these kinds of games because they get fooled and they quit. While on the other hand, older audience are sometimes more aware and mature so they won't be fooled so easily.

Anyways, imo, promoting building would really help us get more players.
  • NoeNtNoeNt Member
    4.80 Karma

But idk because they didnt listen to our few suggestions as a player

What do you mean they dont hear us? Even what they added with the new crafting system is very helpful that items, most people join the game and they dont know recipes and stuff like that and they end deleting the game for that.
  • nikkilinnikkilin Member
    8.45 Karma
    Some people who haven’t played the game feel as if Cubic Castles is just a “fancier” version of Minecraft, and many tend to think it’s a game that only kids play when in fact, it’s a game that can be enjoyed as well by teens and adults alike.
    I have only started playing this game last June though, so I didn’t get to see what Cubic Castles was like at its peak.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    349.50 Karma
    I for one don't play anymore because I'm busy irl. The game is nice and has a ton of potential. But just like a diamond, it must be polished first. The polishing process is currently happening and it might take a few more years
  • *Lany**Lany* Member
    1.90 Karma
    Some people Don't play because some of them are busy in their works / school etc, Also Some of the people will come back when there's an holiday pack XD, Also Some of the people is quitting because they're getting scammed in this game. I never did this in my entire life Lol.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Game Developer
    82.75 Karma
    The game has lost some exposure due to things we can't control like changes to google's search algorithms etc... It's not a particularly worse game than it was 2-3 yrs ago. There's much more to do now than when we had more players.

So really what we need most of all is additional exposure. We need new players coming in to replace or go beyond the players that leave. It's not reasonable to expect players to never leave since everyone eventually wants to play a new game after some time. There will always be drop off. And sometimes old players will come back for a while and play again.

So we need new players to come in and stick around. That means if you really want to help the game do better, then what you can do is help other players find the game. This is of course easier said than done, but I suppose you can petition your favorite streamers to stream the game etc.. stuff like that.

Adding new features/blocks etc.. won't help much to grow the game audience because you only see that stuff if you're already playing. All that can really do is slow down the drop off rate. Keeping more of the new players that do find the game is also helpful and that's why we've made some crafting changes etc..

• JackFuryJackFury Member
    68.30 Karma
    Another problem with this is that Cubic Castles does not have a definite point. It's not the easiest game to start out in, cubits aren't very easily earned at first, and it can seem confusing. So it'd be hard to be able to record enough interesting content in the first 20 minutes of playing to make a youtube video. Cubic isn't an action game and won't necessarily immediately have you hooked. So I'm not sure if anyone would ever want to pick it up and record it for their gaming channel, honestly.
    Also, it would be nice to get some more blocks and decorations and a few less hats :)
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    187.00 Karma
    JackFury said:

Another problem with this is that Cubic Castles does not have a definite point. It's not the easiest game to start out in, cubits aren't very easily earned at first, and it can seem confusing. So it'd be hard to be able to record enough interesting content in the first 20 minutes of playing to make a youtube video. Cubic isn't an action game and won't necessarily immediately have you hooked. So I'm not sure if anyone would ever want to pick it up and record it for their gaming channel, honestly.
    Also, it would be nice to get some more blocks and decorations and a few less hats :)

After talking, definitely yes.
  • QwertyiosQwertyios Member
    1.05 Karma
    You need to bring Windows standalone back, not anyone can use Steam and in return,
    some old players will return too if they see it back!
  • LateComLateCom Member
    132.85 Karma

The game has lost some exposure due to things we can't control like changes to google's search algorithms etc... It's not a particularly worse game than it was 2-3 yrs ago. There's much more to do now than when we had more players.

So really what we need most of all is additional exposure. We need new players coming in to replace or go beyond the players that leave. It's not reasonable to expect players to never leave since everyone eventually wants to play a new game after some time. There will always be drop off. And sometimes old players will come back for a while and play again.

So we need new players to come in and stick around. That means if you really want to help the game do better, then what you can do is help other players find the game. This is of course easier said than done, but I suppose you can petition your favorite streamers to stream the game etc.. stuff like that.

Adding new features/blocks etc.. won't help much to grow the game audience because you only see that stuff if you're already playing. All that can really do is slow down the drop off rate. Keeping more of the new players that do find the game is also helpful and that's why we've made some crafting changes etc..

but hey! you can’t just leave it all to us to find ways to get exposure for the game though. i have ideas in mind though for a really long time i havent seen much done by yourselves to take effort and do as such. Can’t expect the game to regrow after a heavy nosedive like that, like i mean yes, the game does get better after the updates made since the release in 2014, though the impression is what makes it count. I myself would actually support making the beginning and tutorials more suspenseful and enjoyable, and i’m glad that you peeps decide to take steps to begin a change, which is good, of course.
    We havent found the most ideal way of doing such, but i feel that for now, something’s gotta change. Be it events, games, mines, the focus of the game should be directed somewhere else rather than just buying/seling as julie has mentioned. We need a fresh, yet attractive, update which revamps the whole overview of the game. Farming was one, but it died after a certain period of time. Hope you guys can come up with something cool as indicated in previous comments that you made regarding revamps of overworlds and lobbies before 2019.
    Cheers.
  • PiousPious Member
    32.55 Karma
    qwertyios said:

You need to bring Windows standalone back, not anyone can use Steam and in return,
    some old players will return too if they see it back!

+1, yes yes yes yes.

And you can't tell me players don't get sick of trading. And that's exactly why players are quitting. Trading and collecting gets boring. Very boring.
    While building never gets boring (atleast i think so). We need more blocks and more focus on building instead of focusing on clothes. And by promoting building, we can get lots of players.

Younger audience don't always enjoy these kinds of games because they get fooled and they quit. While on the other hand, older audience are sometimes more aware and mature so they won't be fooled so easily.

+1, make this a building building game for real, dang it!
  • LateComLateCom Member
    132.85 Karma
    Its not as easy as it sounds given the community we already have, though we’ll have to leave it to the devs to decide and think on what should be done to change the fact that we have gone astray from the main aspect of the game.
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    68.30 Karma
    It's a repeating circle:
    1. We need new players to stay and not get bored and quit in the first 5 minutes of playing.
    2. How do we get new players to stay? Quests and interesting things to hook them in the start of the game.
    3. How do we get new objectives/quests? More dev work. The game is understaffed.
    4. How do we get new devs? By hiring them. But the budget (probably) doesn't pay enough for a full-time job, and how do you get a bigger budget?
    5. More players.

Maybe if the focus was shifted away from hats and towards objectives, quests, and other things to do in the game, new players would stick around. The game doesn't have a set objective or point, so it can be easy to get bored in it.
    My suggestions:
    1. Make farming a more central aspect, especially to newbies. Add more prizes for doing it, place a sign or something in the tutorial that tells them about it.
    2. Add more beginner quests, more interesting things than just "visit this realm for some xp."
    3. Make daily quests more interesting and have the prize either change per quest or scale for your level. 50c is pretty sad later on.
    4. Focus more on the building and mining aspect of the game. New hats may be interesting for a bit, but in the long run, building and collecting things is the main part of the game.

Here's a little suggestion I have:
    Spoiler:

New town center, full of npcs (just like we have in the Farmer's co-op.)
    One npc will ask you to collect certain mine-able materials from different mines so he can craft things.
    Another one will give you a full tutorial on how to use each crafting station (forges, distillers, etc.) You can go up to him, bring up his text bubble, and choose to ask about any one of them. He will provide you with a crafting recipe and a short tutorial on how to use each station.
    I can't remember if there's a reward for completing Adventure Mode, but another npc could give you a reward for completing it. After you finish it, you go back and talk to him to get a prize of some sort.
    The old town center could be moved to the museum. While it will always be the favorite of us old players, if a new one would benefit new players then I'm happy to make that sacrifice.

Also:
    If you guys aren't earning enough from cubit sales, then add some kind of monthly paid membership that gives you benefits of some kind. Wouldn't have to be expensive, maybe $2-5 USD per month or something like that. But that'd bring in a little something extra from those who are willing to get the membership. Maybe a fancier nametag, more daily quests with better rewards, and access to exclusive membership hats (you can't wear the hat at all unless you're a member or were one in the past, and selling the hats for exorbitant prices is forbidden.) Also an xp booster would be nice. Why would you need the xp booster? Well, another suggestion is to add infinite leveling. We'd still have perks to get, but you'd only get them every few levels instead of every time. Maybe every 5 levels, who knows. If you had the membership, another bonus could be like a 1.5x xp booster.
    I know some players will rage at these ideas because they don't have access to a credit or debit card (besides their mom's,) but I think this could really help out. I kinda doubt you'll listen to any of them and will just keep making hats and only hats, but whatever. They're just my suggestions :)
  • *jupiter**jupiter* FamiliarMember, Familiar
    8.00 KarmaFamiliar
    JackFury said:

It's a repeating circle:
    1. We need new players to stay and not get bored and quit in the first 5 minutes of playing.
    2. How do we get new players to stay? Quests and interesting things to hook them in the start of the game.
    3. How do we get new objectives/quests? More dev work. The game is understaffed.
    4. How do we get new devs? By hiring them. But the budget (probably) doesn't pay enough for a full-time job, and how do you get a bigger budget?
    5. More players.

Maybe if the focus was shifted away from hats and towards objectives, quests, and other things to do in the game, new players would stick around. The game doesn't have a set objective or point, so it can be easy to get bored in it.
    My suggestions:
    1. Make farming a more central aspect, especially to newbies. Add more prizes for doing it, place a sign or something in the tutorial that tells them about it.
    2. Add more beginner quests, more interesting things than just "visit this realm for some xp."
    3. Make daily quests more interesting and have the prize either change per quest or scale for your level. 50c is pretty sad later on.
    4. Focus more on the building and mining aspect of the game. New hats may be interesting for a bit, but in the long run, building and collecting things is the main part of the game.

Here's a little suggestion I have:

Spoiler:

New town center, full of npcs (just like we have in the Farmer's co-op.)
    One npc will ask you to collect certain mine-able materials from different mines so he can craft things.
    Another one will give you a full tutorial on how to use each crafting station (forges, distillers, etc.) You can go up to him, bring up his text bubble, and choose to ask about any one of them. He will provide you with a crafting recipe and a short tutorial on how to use each station.
    I can't remember if there's a reward for completing Adventure Mode, but another npc could give you a reward for completing it. After you finish it, you go back and talk to him to get a prize of some sort.
    The old town center could be moved to the museum. While it will always be the favorite of us old players, if a new one would benefit new players then I'm happy to make that sacrifice.

Also:
    If you guys aren't earning enough from cubit sales, then add some kind of monthly paid membership that gives you benefits of some kind. Wouldn't have to be expensive, maybe $2-5 USD per month or something like that. But that'd bring in a little something extra from those who are willing to get the membership. Maybe a fancier nametag, more daily quests with better rewards, and access to exclusive membership hats (you can't wear the hat at all unless you're a member or were one in the past, and selling the hats for exorbitant prices is forbidden.) Also an xp booster would be nice. Why would you need the xp booster? Well, another suggestion is to add infinite leveling. We'd still have perks to get, but you'd only get them every few levels instead of every time. Maybe every 5 levels, who knows. If you had the membership, another bonus could be like a 1.5x xp booster.
    I know some players will rage at these ideas because they don't have access to a credit or debit card (besides their mom's,) but I think this could really help out. I kinda doubt you'll listen to any of them and will just keep making hats and only hats, but whatever. They're just my suggestions :)

+1 If this happens, I will personally buy a YouTube advertisement for Cubic Castles.
  • U  U Member
    edited November 15 171.30 Karma

Been trading and collecting four four years. I still enjoy it.

Also, I think the main thing currently to keep new players is fixing quests. Also, I guarantee players in the community can create a better realm then the first one they load into.

Edit: I’ll always be here Kewberth. Not all player get bored and move onto new games.
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited November 15 77.85 Karma
    I have a squad of irl players at school playing it. I've probably brought 5 people to this game for good, and uh, yeah. As Kew said, tell people! Tell your friends! The best people doing that so far is Grace's family xD. I don't do social media, so you guys gotta help! I get so many people playing CC, but I have had a few people ditch the game because of limited things to do. Although @-JustAnotheNeko- paid irl money in her first few days of playing, and she is obsessed. So please add things, especially what Jack had mentioned. Although I'm not TOTALLY with the member thing, as I think some hat and a name tag (similar to swirls, but better), would be enough. Extra xp to some would make non-paying Qbees wanna quit, which is exactly what we are against here. But I think something to show everyone else that they are a member would be great. Perhaps you could add that to the player card thing http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/22306/new-playercards-and-achievements/p1 ;)
  • SilverDashSilverDash Member
    63.40 Karma
    Not all players will leave.
    I have taken breaks, other games have been more interesting recently, but I will always be back every now and then.
  • U  U Member
    171.30 Karma
    Yeah, I think I would play more then I already do if the level cap was raised. Without new perks.
  • 118.95 Karma
    I think an important step to improving this game is the community improving their attitude. I am not throwing shade at anyone but everyone is always ready to take a swipe at the game/have a negative opinion. I think intentions are their best often and people want to see their game that they love not struggle but we also need to wear a smile while trying to improve what we as players can. A good example is Hinter, he added a lot to the game always hosting mini-games and creating fun activities for players to do. We as players have a lot to work with and we just need to work with it :).
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    4.90 Karma
    (picture was taken on player downtimes, i'm talking about the line graph at the bottom)
    *jupiter* said:

+1 If this happens, I will personally buy a YouTube advertisement for Cubic Castles.

5-second skip button

and if we were to find content creators to play the game, fat chance anyone would accept it, except for minecraft content creators. we could find hope on those people.
    image.png 84.2K
  • U  U Member
    171.30 Karma
    Pyreon said:

(picture was taken on player downtimes, i'm talking about the line graph at the bottom)

*jupiter* said:

5-second skip button

and if we were to find content creators to play the game, fat chance anyone would accept it, except for minecraft content creators. we could find hope on those people.
    I doubt there was that many people online in 2014 right after the release..
  • U  U Member
    171.30 Karma

I think an important step to improving this game is the community improving their attitude. I am not throwing shade at anyone but everyone is always ready to take a swipe at the game/have a negative opinion. I think intentions are their best often and people want to see their game that they love not struggle but we also need to wear a smile while trying to improve what we as players can. A good example is Hinter, he added a lot to the game always hosting mini-games and creating fun activities for players to do. We as players have a lot to work with and we just need to work with it :).

The solution to fixing the game is.. making Hinter return? @Hinter
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    4.90 Karma
    @"U " i don't really know...
    52.05 Karma

It is true that you only see the stuff when you're already playing the game. But if you are playing the game and you see those stuff right now, you wouldn't be
    interested at all because they look very boring. But on the other hand if you see those stuff but improved, it would look interesting to the player and they might also be interested in it and try to make something like it. AND if they find it interesting and fun, they might invite their friends that might also
    invite more people.
  • 118.95 Karma
    We don't need Hinter's return mr. smarty :O! I was using him as an example. What we need are leaders. I see all these people who want to build with others and aspire to do big group projects. All that potential if a person took the reigns.
  • EagenceEagence Member
    edited November 15 6.90 Karma
    Leaders... Wow, I wonder how leaders may exist in a community where everyone abuse such people. We have scammers, clicker, liers and frauds.We have beautiful con-artists, and mods who are no longer mods, poor people and dislikables. And we have grinding, over-monetization and greed, as well as those price scammers and jerks. And we talk about leaders,

Who do we even have to build for in this game now? Scammers or ranters? People who do not visit our realms? or do we build for kewberth's golden pigs? Why one shall make his/herself suffer for someone elses joy after such huge grinding?

Who do we have to trust to team up now? Again can we trust a scammers, or can we trust a guy in red or blue while they change game so abruptly. Does even their people do like them? Do they even support their judgement? Or do they say "Events are baised" and if they are biased who are the people gaining/ranting from such bias, is it admins or is it people who are close to moderators, people who win those contests, people who win raffles or raffle based events?

And Who do we have rely on? What kind of economy do we have to circulate? How we will gain cubits? How econ will circulate while shops are monapolized by pixel and some others? Why one shall try to fight with them?

If none wants to be leader figure, if none has enough money or cubits, if people drain leader's energy and money like leeches draining blood, like they did on knop, who will put his hand under that damn rock?

Until that time, I do agree on gdog about what he says,
    As gdog says: "everything is alright" and these times are just signs of love...

• Mr.GranicusMr.Granicus Member
    edited November 15 14.20 Karma
    We Need a Fair Community:
    • Devs,Admins,and Mods ned to be Neutrals
    • To Be Honest weekly events are not appropriate because it luck base game
    (Wasted time for losers)

Why!!!? I dont know Why Cubic Castles are dont have 1 Focus Only
    • Just Focus On Builds!
    • Update Building Blocks So Many Minecraft Builders Can Join us On CC And Create Cool Stuff that they can introduce because they are proud on their builds
    • Yes, you do building contests for what?
    Only contest? Building contest can help you to find great builders and build or contribute on Cubic Castle

We need more Mods Again and again that can watch us on game

When we will do this actions? On the last or On the end?

#LETSDOACTION
    52.05 Karma
    We need more blocks and more quests