[Solved] Please Close This, Thank you

nikkilinnikkilin Member
edited November 2018 in Help Requests
- Issue has been solved -

Thank you to everyone who informed me and helped me. It turned out that it has been a sheer coincidence that my tomatoes have been growing well without withering for so long without water on quality soil.

Comments

• You need to water all plants no matter the soil. Who told you that?
  • Log_er said:

You need to water all plants no matter the soil. Who told you that?

My friends told me, and I have confirmed it, since I have been able to plant tomatoes on quality farm soil in the past with no problem, even when i do not water them and just leave them there for many days. The only change I had this time was the presence of farm animals, so I don't know if this is why
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    nikkilin said:

Log_er said:

You need to water all plants no matter the soil. Who told you that?

My friends told me, and I have confirmed it, since I have been able to plant tomatoes on quality farm soil in the past with no problem, even when i do not water them and just leave them there for many days. The only change I had this time was the presence of farm animals, so I don't know if this is why
    What? @CosmicCow @Sir.Kewberth

• nikkilinnikkilin Member
    edited October 2018
    Removed the photo

Cos if they withered due to non-watering shouldn't they have already all withered? I planted them about 3 to 5 days ago, and I did not water a single block- yet there are random crops that lived and some didn't
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    They should wither in one day without water..
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Some wither, some don't. It's in their code.
    It matches real life: if you plant 100 tomatoes and you don't water them at all, there might be a chance that some survive but most will die.
    Tomatoes on quality soil take 36 hours. I would advise you to water them twice in that period of time to avoid further problems.
  • lucaaa795 said:

It matches real life: if you plant 100 tomatoes and you don't water them at all, there might be a chance that some survive but most will die.
    Tomatoes on quality soil take 36 hours. I would advise you to water them twice in that period of time to avoid further problems.

Actually, I pretty much always get 100% good crops every single time I plant under the same circumstances. This is the first time I get withered tomatoes on quality fam soil.

Moreover, tomatoes on quality farm soil only takes 24 hours, and should not need watering
    nikkilin said:

lucaaa795 said:

Actually, I pretty much always get 100% good crops every single time I plant under the same circumstances. This is the first time I get withered tomatoes on quality fam soil.

Moreover, tomatoes on quality farm soil only takes 24 hours, and should not need watering
    It takes 36 hours.
    It's your fault for not wanting to water them. You might have been lucky until now but not this time.
  • lucaaa795 said:

nikkilin said:

lucaaa795 said:

It takes 36 hours.
    It's your fault for not wanting to water them. You might have been lucky until now but not this time.
    It takes 24 hours--> you can even check this guide http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/13484/farm-update-guide-ask-your-farm-pack-questions-here/p1

And it really does not need watering for Tomatoes. It requires daily watering for other crops but not tomatoes
  • Tomato take 30h to grow man e.e
  • *Yone* said:

Tomato take 30h to grow man e.e

One day for quality soil
    edited October 2018
    I do not believe any kind of information spreaded by anyone that's in P1.
    I have planted 15 tomatoes and timestamped them. Let's see when they will be done.
  • First of all, it takes 30 hours, no more, no less, and of course you need water.
    You are probably just experiencing some bug.
    If quality soil does not take water, what are the sprinklers for?
  • nikkilinnikkilin Member
    edited October 2018

First of all, it takes 30 hours, no more, no less, and of course you need water.
    You are probably just experiencing some bug.
    If quality soil does not take water, what are the sprinklers for?

30 hours probably, since it is close to "a day"; but still not the 36 people say...
    And sprinkles are for other crops, but i believe tomatoes do not need it for that soil.
  • I asked around and checked some posts and sites which state that tomato crops should grow in 30 hours- a general maximum value; but that it can grow in a lesser amount of time too.

I have been solely planting tomatoes (no other crops) on my quality soil and not watering them since day 1 because a CC veteran friend told me I don't really need to.

I was thinking that since this is the first time they withered, is be because of all the times I planted tomatoes, this is the only time it took longer than 24 hours to grow?
  • Chief SoloChief Solo Member
    edited November 2018
    I think that someone really got their agriculture and math straight. No place mentions they don’t need water. It somehow happens because it requires less water even on rocky soil and so, when the code for quality soil code was made, the math reduced it to a probability of 0-1. Now each tomato crop is assigned 0 or 1 times watered within 30 hrs. So the ones with 0 grow without watering but the ones with 1 get withered