Make foam great again!

Why can't you use phantom and fade foam on rentals. I am trying to build my halloween build and it doesn't let me use fadey or phantom because I wanted to make multiple floors. I can't make a good intricate build without it. It makes no sense to me that you can't use them.

Comments

• I am not voting on your poll due to there not being an appropriate number of viable choices. Foam is not allowed on rentals due to the nature of foam and how it creates lag. Foam not being compatible on rentals was a well planned move. For many people, especially those on mobile have enough of a hassle entering the build contests due to lag, if there was foam allowed it block them out entirely.

My choice is- I love foam and I disagree with you.
  • I would hate foam on rental as I cannot enter realms with large amount of foam on them. #MobileUser
  • If foam could be used on rentals it could be used to scam.
  • Log_er said:

If foam could be used on rentals it could be used to scam.

How so? Technically, everything can be used as a "scam."
  • Log_er said:

This makes no sense...
  • Log_er said:

This makes no sense...
    Nope, it doesn't. And I'm not using this discussion as an example since I agree with the reasons why foam isn't allowed on rentals. However, more often than not in suggestions and other matters, too often progress is held back by "fear of scamming." Yes, people could use new mechanics to trick players and steal their stuff, but if said mechanic also benefits everyone, then why should it not be implemented simply because sleazy low-lifes will steal items? It's the fault of the person who was robbed, not the fault of the game mechanic.

Notice that I only used the word "scam" once while talking about this. A revolutionary idea, I know. The word is overused and beaten to death. Time to break out the old thesaurus, guys ;)
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited October 2018
    JackFury said:

Log_er said:

This makes no sense...
    Nope, it doesn't. And I'm not using this discussion as an example since I agree with the reasons why foam isn't allowed on rentals. However, more often than not in suggestions and other matters, too often progress is held back by "fear of scamming." Yes, people could use new mechanics to trick players and steal their stuff, but if said mechanic also benefits everyone, then why should it not be implemented simply because sleazy low-lifes will steal items? It's the fault of the person who was robbed, not the fault of the game mechanic.

Notice that I only used the word "scam" once while talking about this. A revolutionary idea, I know. The word is overused and beaten to death. Time to break out the old thesaurus, guys ;)
    scam is bad ive seen people scamming all around... the scammers' community is a thing because you can see scams everywhere too if you open your eyes a bit but then whats a scam and whats not a scam? Is scamming bad? Yes scamming is bad!
    Phantom nor fadey foams will give more scams to the community since if the owner of the realm wants to scam, he can already foam rentals. However, a normal player cannot do scamming with that, which basically doesnt create more scamming opportunities although there are already too many scammers, scams and scamming methods.
    15 beat that
  • lucaaa795 said:

JackFury said:

Log_er said:

This makes no sense...

scam is bad ive seen people scamming all around... the scammers' community is a thing because you can see scams everywhere too if you open your eyes a bit but then whats a scam and whats not a scam? Is scamming bad? Yes scamming is bad!
    Phantom nor fadey foams will give more scams to the community since if the owner of the realm wants to scam, he can already foam rentals. However, a normal player cannot do scamming with that, which basically doesnt create more scamming opportunities although there are already too many scammers, scams and scamming methods.
    15 beat that
    I swear you just copied and pasted someone else's legitimate post XD
  • I am on mobile and I rarely ever lag, also I would think there is a alternative to the lag for others then just banning it. Is there some way to decrease lag. And how else do I build multi layer structures?
  • Marener said:

I am on mobile and I rarely ever lag, also I would think there is a alternative to the lag for others then just banning it. Is there some way to decrease lag. And how else do I build multi layer structures?

You can actually just build three walls on your build so that people can see it on one side. Or have one of the walls as glass, I saw someone do that before
  • thats a good idea thx
  • Yeah it’s most effective if you bought a plot that’s on the side since other builds may block it