I want to make something clear that is annoying

Comments

• BuckaroooBuckarooo Member
    edited October 2018
    Sarco said:

You are being dishonest, a true and honest player would've of Atleast differed more than 600c I mean it's like 300k? So if offer 100k (mainly cuz I only have 100k) but your giving him something rather than nothing.

That's just cold. At least offer the guy 50k to make it up for his loss

Well have you considered that not everyone in the game has 100k? Be more open minded about other players in the community, half the players in the game can barley "if even" reach over 150k before they quit. And you probably find it annoying because you know it's wrong and people are calling you out for taking advantage of new players. Give the umbrella back and problem solved
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    yes just give it back to the guy and teach him how much it's worth.
    It's better for everyone.
  • I'm enraged by the fact that he'll probably win the raffle once or twice in his life and that valuable item got traded for 0.8% of it's value without him knowing.

According to cc's rule, it's allowed.

According to me, it's a scam. It can't be punished but you should be ashamed of yourself.
  • edited October 2018
    It is being dishonest because you took advantage of a situation, you were aware of what the price was and instead of trying to aid someone to help them also gain you thought of only what you could gain. You may not think you have to be a decent person but there are great repercussions to being dishonest. I can tell you that people will now be wary of you, not trust you, and avoid you. Who says you won't stab them in the back or throw them in front a train. There have been others like you who took advantage of ignorance and you want to know how large their friend circles are? Small if non-existent. There is so much more to be gained by helping people and being honest. Dishonesty may pay in the short run but in the long run it doesn't.
  • It is being dishonest because you took advantage of a situation, you were aware of what the price was and instead of trying to aid someone to help them also gain you thought of only what you could gain. You may not think you have to be a decent person but there are great repercussions to being dishonest. I can tell you that people will now be wary of you, not trust you, and avoid you. Who says you won't stab them in the back or throw them in front a train. There have been others like you who took advantage of ignorance and you want to know how large their friend circles are? Small if non-existent. There is so much more to be gained by helping people and being honest. Dishonesty may pay in the short run but in the long run it doesn't.

Well said.
  • It's different when someone knowingly sells you something for cheaper then market value, but when they don't know the price of the item and you buy it for that cheap, it's quite unfair to them, but then again they could go find out the price, but still I would have said the range of price for the item and then gone from there
  • I am surprised for the ones that are saying, "you should have given him the real amount of c for it"
    That is kinda stupid for the ones that own a shop you like to buy cheap and sell for more.
  • Mr.PudMr.Pud Member
    edited October 2018

I am surprised for the ones that are saying, "you should have given him the real amount of c for it"
    That is kinda stupid for the ones that own a shop you like to buy cheap and sell for more.

But I mean, look at the amount of c that the other player lost.
    I'm pretty sure that when people say "buying cheap and selling for more" they actually mean like, buying an item for a about 1-5k less, but this is just stupid.
    You used someone as a quick cash grab, you payed around 600c for an item that costs hundreds of thousands without the other user knowing, and yet you show almost no regret.
    This is not even an economic strategy, this is just plain sharking.

You really are a jerk aren't you?
  • Mr.Pud said:

I am surprised for the ones that are saying, "you should have given him the real amount of c for it"

But I mean, look at the amount of c that the other player lost.
    I'm pretty sure that when people say "buying cheap and selling for more" they actually mean like, buying an item for a about 1-5k less, but this is just stupid.
    You used someone as a quick cash grab, you payed around 600c for an item that costs hundreds of thousands without the other user knowing, and yet you show almost no regret.
    This is not even an economic strategy, this is just plain sharking.

You really are a jerk aren't you?
    Now I agree with every thing including the last sentence.

You payed him 600c for an umbrella.
    Then you go on the forums looking for people defending you.
    No one will. You payed him 0.8% of the item's worth. That's a duck move.
  • Yeah we're all against you. Nobody is going to defend you. You're discussion backfired on you.
  • Look i said "Ur price" like i said 1 million times and y'all dont know how to read. Well, he wanted that 600c and go look in the rules and tell me where it is that it was a scam.
  • Look i said "Ur price" like i said 1 million times and y'all dont know how to read. Well, he wanted that 600c and go look in the rules and tell me where it is that it was a scam.

It is a scam.
    Not according to the game's rules, but to the word's definition.
    You tricked him, scammed him.
    No one forced you to accept to trade, it was your decision.
    Stop bringing the rules, no one said you should be banned, but that you should be ashamed and give his time back, or cubits.
  • Sad to see people stepping on the dark side for taking an opportunity with an ignorant player.
  • LateCom said:

or he can just stay with his bad reputation forever.

A few months of inactivity and/or a nametag and that'll be gone
  • This just became quite ironic, since he did a holla in game accusing someone of scamming his friend, but look at what he's done.

Lol, hypocrite.
    Although I do not think any punishment is available, I will tag the devs. Maybe this is the wakeup call to the already existing problem that only worsens everytime another winner is publically announced.
    @SirKewberth @CosmicCow
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    This thread can probably be closed
  • This will do nothing but show how low players will go to get cubits
    U said:

This thread can probably be closed

No.
    The more awarness is raised around this, the more guilt the guy feels and best part, that the devs might actually consider more privacy regarding winner's name.
    Something like GDPR.
  • Where's my damn popcorn
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Huh lol this guy scammed a friend of mine for 70k and started calling me a scammer when I approached him. Lol.
  • edited October 2018
    You are displaying the beginning attributes of a sociopath. "I didn't do anything, he looked at me wrong so I stabbed him. Not my fault he died. I told him to stop looking at me"
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Thuggie said:

Where's my damn popcorn

I’ll just stay with this guy then.
  • Oh really, how did i trick him? Did i say it is worth 500c and i buy 600c no that is not what happened. What really happened was i said, "Ur price" he said 600c. Plus i told him the price of it after i bought and he said, "Well, I learned a lesson" and he said it was ok.
  • Oh really, how did i trick him? Did i say it is worth 500c and i buy 600c no that is not what happened. What really happened was i said, "Ur price" he said 600c. Plus i told him the price of it after i bought and he said, "Well, I learned a lesson" and he said it was ok.

So you actually helped him, your so nice.

• Scamming in cc is used wrongly this can actually be reffered to as a scam
    edited October 2018

Oh really, how did i trick him? Did i say it is worth 500c and i buy 600c no that is not what happened. What really happened was i said, "Ur price" he said 600c. Plus i told him the price of it after i boughtand he said, "Well, I learned a lesson" and he said it was ok.

With all due respect sir, you're the most cold hearted guy ever. I haven't seen a guy like you in my 3 years of playing cubic.
    I repeat myself: This should become a wakeup call regarding the not-so-fair things that happen to raffle winners. If they want to brag about their win, let them make it by themselves. There's no need for unwanted fame. Lottery winners usually stay anonymous unless they want to get on the news.
    @SirKewberth @CosmicCow

I highly doubt he would so calmly say "oh never mind I learnt my lesson, I don't care about the cubits I could made" Even if he didn't mind he definitely will sooner or later regret his decision when he sees something he likes and only has 600c with him.
  • Things are heating up in the community.
    @Space_fetus miiiight be time to close this
  • Don't suppress the problem, it only makes it worst
This discussion has been closed.