I want to make something clear that is annoying

Ok, so i HATE it when people say it is a scam whenever 1. Underprice 2. I buy something when they offer a price. I have a question for y'all, Is it a scam? Alot of people say it is scam.

So my example which really happened like 1 hour ago, so i bought a easter umbrella from this guy named girtherobot for 600c so before i bought it i said e umbrella for he said idk i said ur price and he said 600c so i bought of course i thought it was an alt trolling but he actully accepted. Also, i dont see it illegal in rules.
«13

Comments

  • UU Member
    203.55 Karma
    It’s not illegal, but how did this guy get his hands on a Easter Umbrella?
  • SilverDashSilverDash Member
    edited October 2018 92.55 Karma
    Yes this is a sad thing lol.
    You should have given him more, as that would be honest.
    Guess it wasn't my umbrella, so it isn't my place to judge, but you did rip the guy off by a ton.
  • UU Member
    203.55 Karma
    I would of bought it for 600c, because I doubt he got it legitamately.
  • 1.95 Karma
    Now here is the thing i said ur price before i bought he said 600c not me also even if i offer a price and he says yes that isnt a scam :V pretty stupid to me and i did buy it for 600c.
  • UU Member
    203.55 Karma
    What’s this players name? I’m generally curious.
  • 1.95 Karma
    The players name is like girtherobot. Mr. Rubix said that he won a raffle before on the easter umbrella.
  • SayWhatSayWhat Member
    10.80 Karma
    This is all true. I spoken with GirTheRobot and I told him real price and gave him more c and RARES. Amber isn’t mad but he wanted to donate it to my collection. And I got krampus when sold the umb. If anyone wondering King is my brother like Edition and Lonely Island is brothers. When he told me this I didn’t believe him of course but I added the person and spoke with him and he is now calling me bestie!
  • SarcoSarco Member
    56.05 Karma
    SayWhat said:

    This is all true. I spoken with GirTheRobot and I told him real price and gave him more c and RARES. Amber isn’t mad but he wanted to donate it to my collection. And I got krampus when sold the umb. If anyone wondering King is my brother like Edition and Lonely Island is brothers. When he told me this I didn’t believe him of course but I added the person and spoke with him and he is now calling me bestie!

    It's only Edition and Lonely Island now who are brothers :P
    R.I.P Being recognised as Edi's brother
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited October 2018 366.60 Karma
    Sickos.
    This is why we can't have nice things. Good job.
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    84.20 Karma
    lucaaa795 said:

    Sickos.
    This is why we can't have nice things. Good job.

    True xD
  • 120.45 Karma
    It isn't a scam but it makes you a dirt bag. There is a difference between buying something under-priced and outright taking advantage of a persons ignorance. It is true a person has a responsibility to know prices but it is also our responsibility to be decent players and not take advantage of others.
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    61.05 Karma
    You could trade it back and solve this little problem or you could keep it. It's your choice. I wouldn't really say that he took advantage of the person since he didn't know the price, then again it is rare. And "GirTheRobot" should have known better. Always check the prices.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    366.60 Karma
    Log_er said:

    I wouldn't really say that he took advantage of the person since he didn't know the price, then again it is rare. .

    Excuse me what

  • 1.95 Karma
    I really didnt take advantage of anyone... i said, "Ur price" which means he picks the price of it then he said 600c and i said ok and traded it that is not taking advantage he picked the price.
  •  gdog gdog Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited October 2018 104.65 Karma
    Any person with a moral compass would have told him it's true value.
    Just because it's non-punishable doesn't make it right.
    You paid him what 0.2% of its value.
    You really think that's an honest and ok thing to do?

    There's getting things cheaply/underpaying (few 100c off a item worth 1000c say) and then there is this, totally different ballpark.

    You did take advantage of his lack of knowledge of the price/value/rarity.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited October 2018 366.60 Karma
    "Oh but 600c is so cheap! Let me help you sell it for 300k! Yes! It's worth that much, lucky newbie winner of the raffle. "
    You took advantage. Instead of helping him by letting him know the actual value of the item, you just said ok and bought it.
    I will keep my idea.
  •  gdog gdog Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited October 2018 104.65 Karma
    I wish they wouldn't announce the winner of these raffles.
    Seen it happen many times in the past where a new player wins something super rare. Then people will spam them with friend requests and trade offers in the hope of buying it at a next to nothing price.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    366.60 Karma
    gdog said:

    I wish they wouldn't announce the winner of these raffles.
    Seen it happen many times in the past where a new player wins something super rare. Then people will spam them with friend requests and trade offers in the hope of buying it at a next to nothing price.


    Or maybe the item could be given to the winner togheter with a clear message in which it is told how much this item is worth
  • SilverDashSilverDash Member
    92.55 Karma
    lucaaa795 said:

    gdog said:

    I wish they wouldn't announce the winner of these raffles.
    Seen it happen many times in the past where a new player wins something super rare. Then people will spam them with friend requests and trade offers in the hope of buying it at a next to nothing price.


    Or maybe the item could be given to the winner togheter with a clear message in which it is told how much this item is worth
    This would mean the admins would have to be tracking even more. SirKewberth did not even know the current value of artifacts.
    This just shows that them telling the player who won a lot more work.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited October 2018 366.60 Karma

    lucaaa795 said:

    gdog said:

    I wish they wouldn't announce the winner of these raffles.
    Seen it happen many times in the past where a new player wins something super rare. Then people will spam them with friend requests and trade offers in the hope of buying it at a next to nothing price.


    Or maybe the item could be given to the winner togheter with a clear message in which it is told how much this item is worth
    This would mean the admins would have to be tracking even more. SirKewberth did not even know the current value of artifacts.
    This just shows that them telling the player who won a lot more work.
    They could spare 10 minutes off their very precious time and do some research
    Artifacts usually have different prices.. From 300c a piece to even 2k..
    They could ask in-game via the holla system/broadcasting message or just check the just-so-many pricing realms. Or they could ask forumers.
    It's a 10 minutes task.

    I do agree however that devs usually have no idea how stupid the in-game economy managed to become. But they will never forget the price of an item: the one and only item they care about - ramm -
  • Mr.PudMr.Pud Member
    edited October 2018 4.70 Karma
    This is the definition of despicable, just like what Gdog said, a person with an actual heart would've been honest in a situation like this, you just took advantage of his lack of economy knowledge.
    Seriously, people like you are what's ruining the game.
  • SayWhatSayWhat Member
    10.80 Karma
    Ok guys King did ask ur price but he did take advantage but like I said of course I didn’t believe him but I added him and gave him More c and More RARES! His words when told him is I learn a lesson. I gave him food the gsp pricing as well. Only reason I gave him it all because I felt bad for him so rip RARES I gave. Anyways he ask me to a bestie with him now. So guys if y’all ever see him be very nice to him and help him out when need to be help! Ty
  • ThuggieThuggie Member
    30.65 Karma
    Mr.Pud said:

    This is the definition of despicable, just like what Gdog said, a person with an actual heart would've been honest in a situation like this, you just took advantage of his lack of economy knowledge.
    Seriously, people like you are what's ruining the game.

    The last sentence is a little strong, but for such a rare item, yeah it would have been better to be a little honest.

    It's not breaking the rules, it's just being dishonest.
  • UU Member
    203.55 Karma
    If I would of realized he was the winner of the raffle then I wouldn’t of said it was fine. I figured he hacked it in or scammed it.
  • ThuggieThuggie Member
    30.65 Karma
    Wait wait wait.

    So a beginner/uninformed guy won the umbrella from the raffle, and that dude approached him to buy it 600c?
    The heck
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited October 2018 366.60 Karma
    Thuggie said:

    Wait wait wait.

    So a beginner/uninformed guy won the umbrella from the raffle, and that dude approached him to buy it 600c?
    The heck

    Yes
  • edited October 2018 1.95 Karma
    Ok so how is this being dishonest? I didnt say it is worth something. ;-;. He didnt even ask what was the price anyways like in those yt vids that yters put on yt asking people if it is real price. Plus i said "Ur price" he wanted the 600c so i gave
  • xDark_RavenxxDark_Ravenx Member
    11.05 Karma
    That's just cold. At least offer the guy 50k to make it up for his loss
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    61.05 Karma
    The right thing to do would be to return it to him.
  • SarcoSarco Member
    56.05 Karma
    You are being dishonest, a true and honest player would've of Atleast differed more than 600c I mean it's like 300k? So if offer 100k (mainly cuz I only have 100k) but your giving him something rather than nothing.

    That's just cold. At least offer the guy 50k to make it up for his loss

This discussion has been closed.