I have a problem with steam

I play on pc and I have a problem that when I started cubic castles I said it was missing executable or damaged content and the truth and I was angry that this appears and I think many players also that's why I would like cubic castles tubiera previous installation mode and not by steam because it always gives me problems

Comments

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I have the same issue from time to time. In my experience it is my anti virus. Try making cubic castles an exception to any firewalls or anti virus systems you might have or just disable it while cubic.updates then turn it back on. This works for me.
  • I've used the Steam version of CC for years and only recently has this whole problem started happening, I concede it can be a huge pain when your trying to get something done but now you have to deal with Anti-Virus flagging up the game.
  • it Becuz of the Anti virus, i had the similar annoying Problem, Thus my Internet is slow :_: so Yeh its so annoying, just turn off File Protection and steam and Try to open CC again, theres some sort of auto-upd
  • Bedivere said:

it Becuz of the Anti virus, i had the similar annoying Problem, Thus my Internet is slow :_: so Yeh its so annoying, just turn off File Protection and steam and Try to open CC again, theres some sort of auto-upd

I'm aware, I dealt with it when I was first faced with the situation a few weeks ago. I had CC come up on AVG a while ago, it was before anyone else was reporting it on the forums thus me nor Sid who I was consulting at the time (to in fact see if it was happening to others) had heard of the issue. Of course the fact the anti-virus was wrongly picking it up as a threat was clear but annoyingly I found after removing it from quarantine I could only run it from the exe file in the Steam files itself, I spent the entire day trying to get it working properly and Sid had to put up with me giving him my progress for the entire thing. xD The very next day I fixed it immediately, I just had to scan it while it was in quarantine. Then I went to message Sid right after to tell him I fixed it and turns out he had the same issue earlier that morning also and fixed it easily. >.< Sure enough then everyone started reporting it on the forums. So the only advice I can give is for AVG it should work if you scan it from the quarantine and then restore it. As for Avast for example I'm really not sure but I imagine its equally simple if not more so.