Farmers

I would like to know what do you grow and why. Also add in any info like room size, layout and sprinklers you use. If you can, provide the ROI so others can know what to expect for the time and recubes they will invest.

I have found that corn pays the most return on investment (ROI) for the time invested. 2500 corn seed cost 10k recubes and pays out about 27k in 60 hours. This is 283 recube profit per hour for 60 hours.

Wheat seeds cost 30k for 2500 and the time to grow is twice that of corn and the ROI is not what I expected for the time invested. Please provide the payouts you have seen for other crops to compare ROI.

I bought 5 rooms 25x25 and grow on 5 floors in each room, 100 crops per floor. Floors spaced 23 lvls apart. My layout would work in a room 11x22 which costs 475c each. I like to have a barn and animals too so this is the reason for the larger room. I will add a picture of my layout. This layout uses small sprinklers.

Crop growing times:
All times listed below are in Quality Soil.

1. Tomatoes - 30 hours
2. Potatoes - 45 hours
3. Corn - 60 hours
4 Eggplant - 80 hours
5. Wheat - 120 hours

Comments

• JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited August 2018
    The best way to have a farm, is mine. It is cheaper than large sprinklers also. Get a room that is 86x9, and have your soil going straight down, and have small sprinklers x3 in rows. I will add picture later,because this probably explains nothing.
    It is very easy to harvest, you can leave attractor perk on, and it is also easy to plant.
  • edited August 2018
    I apologize I have nothing worthy to contribute to this thread but I will share my farm set up anyways :P.

Four of my farms are built in the same fashion as the picture but with corresponding numbers to said farms. The fifth farm is different and not interesting. I value design over practicality. I made the four farms copies because I wanted the impression of one cohesive connecting farm. What varies is at the top of each hill with each room going to feature something specific like a farm house, barn etc. distributed across the four rooms. I sadly had to put the project on hold because I knew if I built anymore the lag would keep me from farming which inevitably ended up happening by a different means. I had trouble farming due to lag but after we were forced to move to steam I had to quit farming all together because it became unbearable.

I prefer growing corn because I find it aesthetically pleasing. During periods where I am real busy and have little computer time I will grow wheat. Hopefully with a new computer on its way I will be able to get back to farming. I love it so much and find it relaxing. I like to listen to folk music like Peter, Paul, and Mary when farming.
    Farm.png 319.2K