2nd life games.

Can we just end it? So many people are getting unfair treatment, to those who pay and do not pay. Yes, I know this is a grey area with many mods. this has been Legal, illagal, and now legal again, can we just stop it to prevent more scammers?
End it officially once and for all!

Do my ears deceive me?

Comments

• Its a little annoying to have some mods say its okay and have others say its not and will lead to a ban. There needs to be a definitive ruling on second life games. I've seen mods say it both ways. Either way, until there is an absolute ruling, this is a problem.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    In my opinion they shouldn’t be allowed unless it costs cubits for one life. It really isn’t skill based anymore if somebody can buy unlimited lives.
  • Bump!
  • Once for all. Forbidden. YAY!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited August 2018
    The terms of service already ban malicious games. If the games are maliciously being used to trick people mods are free to shut them down now. I'm not inclined towards new hard rules... there's always some new twist to chase to get around the last rule.

The terms of service also point out that you should only agree to play games hosted by players you know and trust.

I quote...

Moderators or admins may choose to shut these events down at their discretion if they determine the event to be malicious. We would encourage players not to join such contests unless they know the organizers well and trust them. You join at your own risk.

• LateCom said:

but the question is... how do we know whether its real or fake?

Ye we won't buy warp cookies to know if that's fake or idk.. And by this almost ALL games contain second lives, which ruin the pleasure to play a minigame.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    LateCom said:

but the question is... how do we know whether its real or fake?

I quote again...

"We would encourage players not to join such contests unless they know the organizers well and trust them. "

If you don't know the person, then you're taking a risk. So the answer is.. if it's a stranger then you don't know. If it's a friend you've had in game for a long time and someone you trust, then it's still not a guarantee, but most of the time you'll probably be ok.
  • LateCom said:

but its a risk for the players...
    either they get scammed or they have fun. kind of a gamble tbh.
    all this would be resolved by banning the whole payaway/2 warp bomb game.

Look who’s talking
  • LateCom said:

Its easier if people dont play them. It cant be more simpler than that. If you see 2nd life warp food, just move it along. End of story, no scams, no tricks, no tears, no little babies cry, no scamm support.
  • Djedo said:

LateCom said:

Its easier if people dont play them. It cant be more simpler than that. If you see 2nd life warp food, just move it along. End of story, no scams, no tricks, no tears, no little babies cry, no scamm support.
    End of story, no scams, no tricks, no tears, no little babies cry, no scamm support.

Ye... And no player before all..
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Or just don’t do them at all, it’s not like you’re being forced to do these games.
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited August 2018
    The majority of bomb games today have 2nd lives. Which is unfair for everyone, except the owner(s). As a non-patron of a bomb game you have to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait. Until someone finally eats more warp food.

For the patrons, bring lots of cash with you. Not only you, but dozens of others want the prize, and you need to buy the most (in most cases) food to get it.

For the owner, eh he/she is probably the only winner XD

DOESNT THIS SOUND FAIR? :D
  • You cannot really ban bomb games or any sort of 2nd life games. If anything, few Qbees ignore the rules or do not even bother to care about them or even read them, so the games would continue to pop up and be made regardless. Nobody is forcing you to pay, it’s your own free will. It’s your own decision to pay for a 2nd life, and there will obviously be risks involved which is why you should always keep that in mind. Like LateCom said, it’s sort of a gamble. You don’t know what to expect because you’re taking a risk with any possible outcome.
  • I don't think 2nd life games should be banned. If youre willing to risk your precious 50c on a 2nd life, then that's your choice. Yes, it's a gamble, and the owner could end up swindling you. But it's your choice to buy it or not. If you end up losing the money, oh well. 50c is nothing. If it's more than that, why are you buying it in the first place?
    In the end, it's all up to you. Risk it if you so wish.
  • Reality, all people who host them want to make some cubits. Otherwise, why make them pay?
    Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that all of them are grubby money hogs. Just that, it is a great way to make money. As I said before, it is unfair to everyone (with the exception of the owner and the winners). At least in a REAL bomb game, you win by SKILL. In this adaptation, it doesn't necessarily require skill. Just a lot of CUBITS. Others say it is your choice to risk it. I totally agree, but why have the option to risk?
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    We should also make payaways legal then.
  • I wish mods would ban people more. No warnings. Bans. Second offense is permanent.
  • Pious said:

I wish mods would ban people more. No warnings. Bans. Second offense is permanent.

I second that!

FYI: 2nd life games are not a grey area, if you pay to play it illegal. It doesn't matter if you got in for free the 1st time or not.

Because players got the idea there was a grey area now today there are too many of these. As I am typing this on 1 PC, I see them in holla's on the 2nd PC. I think the grey area people are referring to is whether these games are luck or skill as mentioned in TOS.

IMO if you pay to play any game or parkour, it IS wrong period.
  • lucaaa795 said:

We should also make payaways legal then.

That's what I was thinking. If you actually compare them both, you can see the similarities.
    Think about it...

2nd life bomb games: You pay 50c to enter and the prize is a Valkyrie helmate. Hold on! You need to fight. Bummer, you lose and bye bye 50c

Payaway: you pay 50c and the prize is a wuvva shirt. Eat the warp food and you're done

Now, what do these have in common? Fake warp foods, legit warp foods, and risks.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited August 2018
    Also 2nd life parkours or parkours that cost cubits. They are PAYAWAYS disguised as parkours.
    Either make all these legal or illegal. But don't make payaways illegal if you can find a workaround to make one.
    For example: Make a 5-10 easy jumps parkour with 2 checkpoints and at the end set prizes. It's possible to finish so its allowed. However, if one would have hosted a payaway he would have been banned. I **strongly** encourage the use of the method mentioned above as long as it has prizes that are worth the price you pay for the warp.
  • LateCom said:

Look who’s talking
    I mean yeah, LateCom is but late isn't a gamble nor a scammer.