Stacking Items/Auto Stack

I would like to see items auto stack into stack of 20k. Either just in our inventory or if possible to a full chest whereas you are adding 4356 iron to a stack of 18256 iron and the stack of 20k is moved to your inventory and the remainder of 2612 is kept in the chest.

I know this is true with most miner/crafters where your craft chests all are full with no extra spaces and you use these resources to craft with. When you return from mining and you have more than 20k of one item when you add what is in you inventory and in your chest, you have to pull the resource out of the chest and move to your inventory, do the math to make a stack of 20k, then return the rest to the chest. Then you move the stack of 20k to either deep storage or your sales area.

If that is too much to ask, how about just allowing us to move the item from the chest to our inventory and drag what we mined to the that stack and it auto stack 20k in our inventory. Then we can just move the rest back to the chest.

Would it possible to write this into the game sort of like the equivalent of a if/then & gosub/return in basic programming? I don't know what this entails in C++ so I use basic.

100 if item a in chest = 20k gosub 500
200 bla bla bla
300 move remainder of item a from inventory to chest
400 bla bla bla
500 then move 20k stack item a to inventory
600 return

lol not a very good analogy!