Cubic Castles = Malware?

Steam doesn't allow me to play this game because it's recognized as "malware" on my computer. I can't get around Avast in order to play this game. Can anybody tell me what to do?

Comments

• Daresx11Daresx11 Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
  • imo it’s kind of silly that we were all forced to switch to Steam to stop these false positive malware results and now they occur on steam too.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited July 2018
    .1, Avast is trash, and i hate it.
    .2 Delete it
    .3 Redownload.
    .4 Get another anti-virus program

I do not get why everybody is getting so much trouble with steam. I have used Steam for 3 years, and never once a problem.
  • Kirodashi said:

imo it’s kind of silly that we were all forced to switch to Steam to stop these false positive malware results and now they occur on steam too.

Yeah, most certainly
  • .1, Avast is trash, and i hate it.
    .2 Delete it
    .3 Redownload.

I do not get why everybody is getting so much trouble with steam. I have used Steam for 3 years, and never once a problem.

We have the Avast-pro deal or whatever, meaning it's installed and staying for as much as we paid. I can't get rid of it. This computer isn't mine -- family computer, but I have played CC for 3 and 1/2 years and I'm aware it's not malware, so this problem really confuses me. No other steam games have had this problem. Just CC for me. :/
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited July 2018
    Daresx11 said:
    This is a totally different malware and NOT a false positive any longer as I can NOT report it as such. IT WILL NOT RUN and I refuse to keep lying to my antivirus and I will NOT run CC without it. Note: by can not report it as suchm I mean it will NOT let me report it anymore.

Shame on those who suggest closing the antivirus to be able to run CC!

For those who think CC will fix this anytime soon, don't hold your breath. They want it like this as steam now holds the liability for any malware on the download.

Go read the TOS and the full legal guidelines and see that it does say " we have systems inplace to detect these problems". What do you think that means? I am thinking it is the malware that is popping up but this is just my opinion.

Quote from Steam " Unfortunately, Steam Support cannot provide the best assistance with games made by other companies ", " Please click the link below for information about how to contact the support team for this game ".. Thus once again we would need to send in a support ticket and provide all of our info to be sold to 3rd parties for the purposes of targeted sales.

I am starting to think this is the reason scammers, cheaters, liars, deceivers and thieves are allowed to remain in the game for how can cc make $$ off them if they no longer play. I'm just saying... If I am wrong, insert correct answer here.
  • .1, Avast is trash, and i hate it.
    .2 Delete it
    .3 Redownload.

Avast is NOT trash and the problem is NOT steam, it IS CC.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It's not an error in the game. Avast (and maybe some other? not sure) antivirus is returning a false positive. There's no malware so far as we know. So there's nothing for us to fix. We can change the game and try different settings to make the false report go away, but ultimately Avast is at fault here. It probably has some whitelist feature you could use.
  • It's not an error in the game. Avast (and maybe some other? not sure) antivirus is returning a false positive. There's no malware so far as we know. So there's nothing for us to fix. We can change the game and try different settings to make the false report go away, but ultimately Avast is at fault here. It probably has some whitelist feature you could use.

It took awhile but I found out how to add CC as an exception because Avast updated.

1. Open Avast user interface
    2. Click menu & settings
    3. Scroll down to exclutions
    4. Click browse and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cubic Castles\*
    5. Click add

I run a 64 bit OS so your program files may not be x86 and if this doesn't work, first restore the cc file in Avast virus chest.
  • Daresx11Daresx11 Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Intimate said:

It's not an error in the game. Avast (and maybe some other? not sure) antivirus is returning a false positive. There's no malware so far as we know. So there's nothing for us to fix. We can change the game and try different settings to make the false report go away, but ultimately Avast is at fault here. It probably has some whitelist feature you could use.

It took awhile but I found out how to add CC as an exception because Avast updated.

1. Open Avast user interface
    2. Click menu & settings
    3. Scroll down to exclutions
    4. Click browse and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cubic Castles\*
    5. Click add

I run a 64 bit OS so your program files may not be x86 and if this doesn't work, first restore the cc file in Avast virus chest.
    I tried to create a guide with those same steps in the morning, and did not give good result.
    A photo of the Guide, but not work.

22.jpg 171.4K
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    edited July 2018

@SirKewberth AVG also picks up the problem, a fix for AVG is to go into quarantine, click the arrow down button and click scan, finish scan and then restore it. Alternatively you can restore it without scanning it and play from the exe in the game files itself but if you try and launch it from Steam or the desktop icon it will flag up on AVG.

It took me a while to sort it because I hadn't been scanning it from quarantine, just restoring it.

As for Avast, I'm unsure I've never used it but I'd think there would be a similar resolve.

Good luck with fixing it on Avast @Liberated
  • i have avast but it didn't detect cubic castles as a virus
    probably because i didn't do a scan in like a month
  • SpyroTF said:

i have avast but it didn't detect cubic castles as a virus
    probably because i didn't do a scan in like a month

It might have been fixed by now, rather that or for whatever reason your fine.
  • its too easy fix it...

INSTALL KASPERSKY -.-
  • TssmTssm Member
    Liberated said:

Steam doesn't allow me to play this game because it's recognized as "malware" on my computer. I can't get around Avast in order to play this game. Can anybody tell me what to do?

The reason that your anti-virus detects it as a malware is because cubic castles is: 1 from unknown creator and second and last cubic castles is not added to the list of games on avast, so you should add it and avast will stop blocking it and detecting it as a malware.