Make this a rule!

Some people are making pictures for other people’s profile pictures for different apps and games, and the people who want the picture have to pay cubits. This should be illegal because if the person doesnt like the picture after they have paid, they could be scammed, in a way. Its even worse if the person pays before they recieve the picture, this is because the person who is drawing the picture might not even make one, or rush a picture (which makes the picture worse) to get the cubits.

Comments

• Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    It's up to the player to choose whether they want to ''buy'' a profile picture or not. There is a lot of great artists here on the forums, for example JackFury, who tries to prevent that from happening as he is willing to redo the picture if the other party feels that it was drawn in a rush or doesn't look nice. I am sure there's a great deal of others too.
  • I dont think this should be illegal, I make drawings too and Im willing to edit the drawing if the customer would like to see something edited. Besides, I've never seen someone scamming another on the forum.
  • Flooks said:

I dont think this should be illegal, I make drawings too and Im willing to edit the drawing if the customer would like to see something edited. Besides, I've never seen someone scamming another on the forum.

Exactly, everyone can see it if they scammed, the mods are here and will see if there’s been a scam, it’s safer here then on cc itself!
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Technically,
    i'd say it is already included upon the TOS, though not specifically. It's one of those grey area's and one of those rules that can loosely translate to what is needed to cover the company.

You may not attempt to trade items, cubits or accounts in our game for real-life money or items, or for things in other games

We only allow trading of Cubic Castles items within the game in exchange for other Cubic Castles items.

Now, enforcement by staff upon the forums for such a specific thing, that is a matter for the Devs to decide.
    It's a scale thing. Is it malicious enough to enforce? How often does it happen? etc

All in all though. Purchasing avatars etc has been done a lot upon the forums. And reports of malicious trades involving custom avatars, is almost unheard of. A Few disappointing results mostly.
    I'd be more inclined to request such things from a "generous artist" who simply want to practice their craft. All of my CC avatars come from such wonderful and generous artists.

• Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    "This should be illegal because if the person doesnt like the picture after they have paid, they could be scammed, in a way."

The reason several of us charge beforehand is to protect ourselves, not to scam you. I've had some bad experiences where I didn't charge before drawing and the person claimed they didn't like the art so they weaseled their way out of paying for the art I spent hours creating. And then still proceeded to use the art because they actually did like it.
  • I have been doing this drawing business for a long time now. In all my time drawing pictures, I have never once "scammed" anyone. All my customers have received their pictures, and my reputation is clean. As Grace said, the reason payment is required first is so we ourselves aren't "scammed". Because I have a reputation for delivering pictures, people don't worry about being swindled.
    I suppose it is stretching the rules a bit, but it's not doing any harm, and if it were decided by the admins or mods, not a player, that I had to stop, then I would stop. But unless that happen s, I will continue using my talents to earn cubits. It's a good business.
    As Prof said, I offer to redo pictures. If a customer decides they either don't like the picture or want something changed, I will redo it. They just have to PM me. And I don't "rush pictures just to get the cubits", I put effort into my work.
    So if I'm told by someone in charge that I can no longer draw as a business, then I will stop. Otherwise, I and the other artists of the community will continue doing what we love ;)
  • I'd say it is up to the consumer kind of like betting and "giveaways" in Cubic Castles. If they think it is fishy do not pay for it but there are some people out there who do not go with their gut feeling.
  • I don't know about any other mod, but JackFury has made a picture for Scorto (a mod), and he still charged him before. If a mod trusts Jack, then you should too. He is a great person, and he always brings in his orders as soon as possible. People on forums typically don't scam because they have invested so much into the game.
  • I trust Jack alot. His pictures are GREAT! I have used 2 of his pictures for The Cubic Explorer (when it was the Daily Cubic). And its just like buying a item in-game.
  • It's up to the player to choose whether they want to ''buy'' a profile picture or not. There is a lot of great artists here on the forums, for example JackFury, who tries to prevent that from happening as he is willing to redo the picture if the other party feels that it was drawn in a rush or doesn't look nice. I am sure there's a great deal of others too.

Technically this falls under "out of game" transactions, pretty sure its against the rules in the first place - almost every other online game would post that outside of game rules for transactions are either player's responsibility (aka at your own risk) or prohibited.

• edited July 2018

"This should be illegal because if the person doesnt like the picture after they have paid, they could be scammed, in a way."

The reason several of us charge beforehand is to protect ourselves, not to scam you. I've had some bad experiences where I didn't charge before drawing and the person claimed they didn't like the art so they weaseled their way out of paying for the art I spent hours creating. And then still proceeded to use the art because they actually did like it.

Thats another reason why this should be illegal xd
    Ok, im not saying everyone who does it is a scammer, but some people who see other people doint this, they might jump on the train, but they could be a scammer and scam people with it. For example, qbee 1 might say “hey, do you want me to draw a profile picture for you?” And qbee 2 says “ok, sure! How much does it cost?” Then qbee 1 would say the amount of cubits it costs, then qbee 2 would pay. qbee 1 would never make the picture, therefore it is a scam.
  • UGH!!! -1 (I forgot I posted here already) Everyone thinks everything is a scam!!!!! Just go on! You dont have to buy it anyways!
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Yeah ware and other who mentioned that section of the rules, I've always been aware of that. I mean that rule wasn't intended for these kinds of things right? It's mainly for people either selling cubits for real cash or trading cubits for say world locks in that other game. That rule had to be worded like that to cast a net big enough to catch all of that stuff.
    Now I think there could be an argument to make that the forums are almost part of the game. They are owned and run by cosmic cow right?

I think the main thing is. These art threads are done here on their servers. Out in the open so everyone can see. We've never had any reports of these art guys scamming. Most of these threads start with a portfolio so you get an idea of what your final product will look like. If scamming did occur or we got reports of foul play then forum mods would look into it and take action if needed. Just outright banning everything because something may happen I don't think is the way to go.
    These artists add a lot to the community.

• Okay, fine, this isnt a problem. Close this thread...
This discussion has been closed.