Make A Reverse Vend!

DeemzDeemz Member
edited July 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
So, what is a reverse vend? A reverse vend is a vend you can buy things on, you set the cubits deposit, set the type of item, and let the run on itself, to buy items on it, you just drag the item you wanna sell to the box, and get the cubits,
Why will this be important?
-it could reduce scams, because it is clear what item the vend is buying
-it could make rare trading easier, because buying and selling is now all automated,
-it could make buying ores/blocks easier, since the person doesn’t need to be there to buy the stuff.

the reason i edited the post is because i horribly misworded the previous one, and i wanted to edit it to the picture i wanted it to be,

Comments

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I think he's talking about selling from the "consumer's" perspective. (Whoever does NOT own the vend would be able to sell items into it, based on the owner's decisions with setup).
  • DeemzDeemz Member
    Sorry, i misworded it, i want ti make a vend that the consumer could sell hats to the vends, and the owner sets a cubit limit in the vend.
  • DeemzDeemz Member

I think he's talking about selling from the "consumer's" perspective. (Whoever does NOT own the vend would be able to sell items into it, based on the owner's decisions with setup).

Yes! That's what i meant
  • +1.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/21926/new-machines-buying-machines#latest i think someone else was before you xD

but still saying +1 :P

and people, how hard is it to understand he means a machine where you buy your stuff on?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    LateCom said:

he just editted the post 5 hours ago.

oh first it was eplained not right?
  • An interesting idea. And it would cut down on scams hypothetically. Say I left one of these reverse vends in my realm offering to buy coal for 10/c and someone sold me some while I was away. Later, when I break the reverse vend, does it drop the coal and the cubits? Because having to constantly replace the cubits might get annoying. Or does the reverse vend drop the sold item into a designated chest (I.e. if the reverse vend was placed directly next to a chest, the items would go there). Another question is whether there would be a drop down menu for the item you want to purchase or if you would have to enter an id. By that I mean, if I want to buy a wuvva shirt, do I have to scroll past the hundreds of other items in the game, or would each item have an individual id that needs entered? The idea is good, but it would be difficult, from a technical standpoint, to produce.